Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Karhidish religion's viewpoint on good and evil?
2. By the end of Chapter 16, how many total miles since leaving their first camp have Estraven and Genly covered?
3. What does Estraven do with the letter he writes to his son, and why?
4. As Chapter 15 opens, where do Genly and Estraven decide to hide for the winter?
5. When Estraven finishes calculating the rations for their winter journey, what parameters does he establish?
Explain how the different viewpoints concerning good and evil expressed by the Orgota religion, Yomesh, and the Karhidish religion, Handdara, affect how each country treats Genly Ai, at least on the surface.
Chapter 7 helps us see that Genly's pride is making development of a relationship and negotiations with the Gethenians difficult. Please explain, in your own words, how his pride is hurting his efforts. Use examples from previous chapters to support your statements.
Please describe Lord Berosty's obsession and what it prevents him from doing, as well as Genly Ai's obsession and what it prevents him from doing. Explain the parallels that can be drawn between the two men in regards to their respective obsessions.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)