|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 14 opens, what realization has Estraven come to?
2. By the end of Chapter 16, how many total miles since leaving their first camp have Estraven and Genly covered?
3. How long ago did the High Priest compose the sayings in Chapter 12?
4. What does Chapter 17 say there was in the beginning?
5. At one point, Genly finds himself alone in the dormitory with a dying inmate named Asra. What does Genly tell Asra about he people on his (Genly's) planet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is weather so important, both metaphorically, and literally, as explained in "The Left Hand of Darkness?"
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast kemmering and love, as explained in "The Left Hand of Darkness," with marriage and love in today's society.
Essay Topic 3
Please describe Lord Berosty's obsession and what it prevents him from doing, as well as Genly Ai's obsession and what it prevents him from doing. Explain the parallels that can be drawn between the two men in regards to their respective obsessions.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)