|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of their trip do Genly and Estraven eventually arrive in Karhide?
(a) The 81st day.
(b) The 51st day.
(c) The 18th day.
(d) The 100th day.
2. What is the name of the high priest?
3. After Genly comes to live in Mishnory, what does Estraven find strange about how the local government is handling the presence of a First Mobile in their town?
(a) He finds it strange that all information pertaining to Genly is censored by the Sarf.
(b) He finds it strange that his association with Genly hasn't cost him his job.
(c) He finds it strange that Genly is being talked about in the media as if he were a celebrity.
(d) He finds it strange that Tibe's men didn't somehow follow Genly to Mishnory.
4. What is the name of the first Karhidish village to which Genly and Estraven come?
5. What does Chapter 17 say there was in the beginning?
(b) The Gobrin Ice.
(c) Sun and ice.
(d) Nothing--the world was without form and void.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around the time of the earthquake, what does Estraven notice that Genly is repressing himself from doing?
2. What is the Orgota religion's viewpoint on good and evil?
3. What is Edondurath's house made from?
4. By the end of Chapter 16, what has happened to Estraven?
5. According to the Orgota creation myth, how many men were created?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)