|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Earth years, Genly is younger than 30. How old is he in Winter years?
(a) More than 120.
(b) Between 150 and 200.
(d) The same age as he is on Earth.
2. According to the Orgota creation myth, how many men were created?
(b) 2, one male and one female.
3. What do Estraven and Genly do when they arrive at the Bay of Guthen?
(a) They convert the sledge to a boat.
(b) They put the wheels back on the sledge.
(c) They set off on skis.
(d) They abandon the sledge and make up backpacks.
4. After Genly's meeting with Agraven, where is the Star Ship given clearance to land?
(a) Athten Fen.
(b) The Corner Red Dwelling.
(c) The Round-Tower Dwelling.
(d) Gobrin Ice.
5. What type of prisoner is Genly?
(a) Prisoner of war.
(b) Prisoner of love.
(c) Prisoner of conscience.
(d) Political prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the blizzard, what Earth game does Genly teach Estraven to play?
2. After Genly comes to live in Mishnory, what does Estraven find strange about how the local government is handling the presence of a First Mobile in their town?
3. How many of the sleepers did Edondurath kill after he woke up?
4. According to the Orgota creation myth, what will happen to the world at its end?
5. Around the time of the earthquake, what does Estraven notice that Genly is repressing himself from doing?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)