|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Estraven's death at the end of Chapter 19, what does Chapter 20 tell us happens to Genly?
(a) He is executed in Sassinoth.
(b) He is imprisoned in Sassinoth.
(c) He is taken back to Karhide and imprisoned.
(d) He is taken back to Karhide and executed.
2. What happens to Genly during the first week of his arrest?
(a) His passport is returned to him and he is released.
(b) He is placed on trial.
(c) He is drugged and interrogated.
(d) He is hit on by an Orgota in kemmer.
3. When Genly and Estraven come out of Tarrenpeth Forest, a few days into their journey, what does Estraven use his previously-acquired hunting skills to trap?
(a) Pesthry, a fox-like carnivore.
(b) Pesthry, a fox-like herbivore.
(c) Pesthry, a fox-like omnivore.
(d) Pesthry, a type of game bird.
4. When Genly and other prisoners are taken from their first detention facility, what is their destination?
(a) Kundershaden Prison.
(b) A Commensal farm in the Kunderer Valley.
(c) The Gobrin Ice.
(d) The Pulefen Commensality Third Voluntary Farm.
5. How many of the sleepers did Edondurath kill after he woke up?
(c) None; he was the only one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edondurath's house made from?
2. After Estraven receives money from Genly, where does he find work?
3. What does Chapter 17 say there was in the beginning?
4. What does Estraven do with the letter he writes to his son, and why?
5. Did Genly accomplish, in the end, his mission to incorporate Winter into the Ekumen, according to Chapter 20?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)