|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chapter 17 say there was in the beginning?
(a) Sun and ice.
(b) The Gobrin Ice.
(c) Nothing--the world was without form and void.
2. What do Estraven and Genly do when they arrive at the Bay of Guthen?
(a) They put the wheels back on the sledge.
(b) They set off on skis.
(c) They abandon the sledge and make up backpacks.
(d) They convert the sledge to a boat.
3. What does Estraven's social status change to after he receives the money from Genly?
(a) Dependent, meaning he can't support himself.
(b) Unit, meaning he can't support himself.
(c) Unit, meaning he is able to support himself.
(d) Dependent, meaning he is able to support himself.
4. According to the Orgota creation myth, how many men were created?
(c) 2, one male and one female.
5. On what day of their trip do Genly and Estraven eventually arrive in Karhide?
(a) The 100th day.
(b) The 18th day.
(c) The 51st day.
(d) The 81st day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around the time of the earthquake, what does Estraven notice that Genly is repressing himself from doing?
2. When Genly and other prisoners are taken from their first detention facility, what is their destination?
3. Why do Genly and Estraven want to go to Sassinoth?
4. In the beginning, how were the hills and valleys made?
5. How many of the sleepers did Edondurath kill after he woke up?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)