Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Karhidish religion's viewpoint on good and evil?
(a) Both good and evil exist.
(b) There is only evil; there is no good.
(c) There is neither good nor evil.
(d) There is only good; there is no evil.
2. By the end of Chapter 16, how many total miles since leaving their first camp have Estraven and Genly covered?
3. What does Estraven do with the letter he writes to his son, and why?
(a) He hand delivers it to his son.
(b) He doesn't send it because he disowned his son.
(c) He sends it because he misses his son.
(d) He doesn't send it because it would condemn his son.
4. As Chapter 15 opens, where do Genly and Estraven decide to hide for the winter?
(b) Kerm Ice.
(c) Gobrin Ice.
5. When Estraven finishes calculating the rations for their winter journey, what parameters does he establish?
(a) Considering the distance is 400 miles, and they need to travel at a rate of 21 miles a day, they have enough rations for 30 days.
(b) Considering the trip is 800 miles, and traveling at a rate of 12 miles a day, they have enough rations for 78 days.
(c) Considering the distance is 400 miles, traveling at a rate of 12 miles a day, they have enough rations for 30 days.
(d) Considering the distance is 800 miles, traveling at a rate of 21 miles a day, they have enough rations for 78 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Genly shortly after Estraven reappears in Chapter 11 to warn him?
2. What illegal (according to the Law of Cultural Embargo) skill does Genly teach Estraven?
3. How does Estraven succeed in freeing Genly from his captivity?
4. In Chapter 18, Genly and Estraven have gone through much of the provisions they started with. What do we learn that Genly and Estraven are now relying on eating for nourishment?
5. In Earth years, Genly is younger than 30. How old is he in Winter years?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)