|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Orgoreyn after Agraven confronts the Commensals about what they did to Genly?
(a) The Commensals send assassins to kill Agraven and Tibe is appointed king.
(b) Many Commensals are replaced, Faxe takes control, and Tibe is executed.
(c) Many Commensals are replaced, Yegey's party takes control, and Tibe resigns.
(d) Many Commensals are replaced, Obsle's party takes control, and Tibe resigns.
2. During the blizzard, what Earth game does Genly teach Estraven to play?
(c) Mah Jongg.
(d) Go Fish.
3. Why do Genly and Estraven want to go to Sassinoth?
(a) It is a city of safe refuge; Estraven will be protected and not have to worry about Tibe's men.
(b) It has a transmitter, so Genly will be able to contact the Starship.
(c) It is where Agraven lives at this time of year, and they want an audience with him.
(d) It is where Ashe is now living and Estraven wants to see him and their sons.
4. In Chapter 18, Genly and Estraven have gone through much of the provisions they started with. What do we learn that Genly and Estraven are now relying on eating for nourishment?
(a) Orsh and gichy-michy.
(b) Pesthry and orsh.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Pesthry and gichy-michy.
5. Did Genly accomplish, in the end, his mission to incorporate Winter into the Ekumen, according to Chapter 20?
(b) Negotiations were still ongoing as of the end of the book. We will never know.
(c) It is unclear whether or not he did.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Estraven's death at the end of Chapter 19, what does Chapter 20 tell us happens to Genly?
2. According to the Orgota creation myth, how many men were created?
3. At one point, Genly finds himself alone in the dormitory with a dying inmate named Asra. What does Genly tell Asra about he people on his (Genly's) planet?
4. What was the Gobrin Ice Plateau like, according to Genly's notes?
5. What happens when Genly speaks before the Thirty-Three?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)