|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Chapter 16, how many total miles since leaving their first camp have Estraven and Genly covered?
2. Why do Genly and Estraven want to go to Sassinoth?
(a) It is where Ashe is now living and Estraven wants to see him and their sons.
(b) It is where Agraven lives at this time of year, and they want an audience with him.
(c) It is a city of safe refuge; Estraven will be protected and not have to worry about Tibe's men.
(d) It has a transmitter, so Genly will be able to contact the Starship.
3. What illegal (according to the Law of Cultural Embargo) skill does Genly teach Estraven?
(a) How to understand women.
(c) Interplanetary travel.
4. What happens when Genly speaks before the Thirty-Three?
(a) Obsle becomes afraid of him and cancels the reception that was scheduled for him.
(b) Genly is deported by the Thirty-Three.
(c) Obsle becomes convinced that Genly is a good person.
(d) News of Genly finally became public knowledge in Orgoreyn.
5. When Estraven leaves Mishnory under an assumed name and with forged papers, where does he wind up?
(a) In Ethwen.
(b) Estraven is found out, and is imprisoned for forging his documents.
(c) In the Rotherer Fastness.
(d) In Karhide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Orgota religion?
2. How does Estraven acquire the initial supplies and food for the winter journey?
3. What does Estraven do with the letter he writes to his son, and why?
4. What happens to Genly shortly after Estraven reappears in Chapter 11 to warn him?
5. According to the Orgota creation myth, what will happen to the world at its end?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)