|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to take a message on Estraven's behalf to King Argaven regarding what has happened to Genly Ai?
(c) Sardon rem ir Chenewich.
(d) The Thirty-Three.
2. In Chapter 18, Genly and Estraven have gone through much of the provisions they started with. What do we learn that Genly and Estraven are now relying on eating for nourishment?
(a) Orsh and gichy-michy.
(b) Pesthry and orsh.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Pesthry and gichy-michy.
3. After Estraven's death at the end of Chapter 19, what does Chapter 20 tell us happens to Genly?
(a) He is taken back to Karhide and imprisoned.
(b) He is imprisoned in Sassinoth.
(c) He is executed in Sassinoth.
(d) He is taken back to Karhide and executed.
4. How does Estraven acquire the initial supplies and food for the winter journey?
(a) He acquires them before freeing Genly and hides them for later access.
(b) He steals them in Turuf.
(c) He goes hunting.
(d) He buys them in Turuf.
5. What type of prisoner is Genly?
(a) Prisoner of love.
(b) Political prisoner.
(c) Prisoner of war.
(d) Prisoner of conscience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estraven's social status change to after he receives the money from Genly?
2. What is the name of the first Karhidish village to which Genly and Estraven come?
3. As of the beginning of Chapter 18, for how many days had Genly and Estraven been traveling?
4. On what day of their trip do Genly and Estraven eventually arrive in Karhide?
5. In the beginning, how were the hills and valleys made?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)