|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his stay at the farm where Genly is being held, Estraven goes into a state of increased strength called:
2. As Chapter 15 opens, where do Genly and Estraven decide to hide for the winter?
(a) Kerm Ice.
(d) Gobrin Ice.
3. What does Chapter 17 say there was in the beginning?
(a) Nothing--the world was without form and void.
(b) Sun and ice.
(c) The Gobrin Ice.
4. When Estraven leaves Mishnory under an assumed name and with forged papers, where does he wind up?
(a) In Ethwen.
(b) In the Rotherer Fastness.
(c) Estraven is found out, and is imprisoned for forging his documents.
(d) In Karhide.
5. Who agrees to take a message on Estraven's behalf to King Argaven regarding what has happened to Genly Ai?
(b) The Thirty-Three.
(c) Sardon rem ir Chenewich.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Orgota creation myth, what will happen to the world at its end?
2. In Chapter 18, Genly and Estraven have gone through much of the provisions they started with. What do we learn that Genly and Estraven are now relying on eating for nourishment?
3. When Genly and other prisoners are taken from their first detention facility, what is their destination?
4. What happens to Genly shortly after Estraven reappears in Chapter 11 to warn him?
5. During the blizzard, what Earth game does Genly teach Estraven to play?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)