|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Estraven and Genly do when they arrive at the Bay of Guthen?
(a) They abandon the sledge and make up backpacks.
(b) They put the wheels back on the sledge.
(c) They convert the sledge to a boat.
(d) They set off on skis.
2. Who agrees to take a message on Estraven's behalf to King Argaven regarding what has happened to Genly Ai?
(a) Sardon rem ir Chenewich.
(c) The Thirty-Three.
3. How long ago did the High Priest compose the sayings in Chapter 12?
(a) 900 years.
(b) 9 years.
(d) 600 years.
4. During the blizzard, what Earth game does Genly teach Estraven to play?
(c) Go Fish.
(d) Mah Jongg.
5. When Genly and other prisoners are taken from their first detention facility, what is their destination?
(a) Kundershaden Prison.
(b) The Pulefen Commensality Third Voluntary Farm.
(c) The Gobrin Ice.
(d) A Commensal farm in the Kunderer Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the high priest?
2. What is the name of the first Karhidish village to which Genly and Estraven come?
3. As Chapter 15 opens, where do Genly and Estraven decide to hide for the winter?
4. At one point, Genly finds himself alone in the dormitory with a dying inmate named Asra. What does Genly tell Asra about he people on his (Genly's) planet?
5. Why, after Estraven's successful pesthry hunt, does it become more difficult for him and Genly to travel for the next several days?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)