|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Gobrin Ice Plateau like, according to Genly's notes?
(a) A flat sheet of ice.
(c) A frozen lake.
(d) A frozen storm-raised ocean.
2. What does Chapter 17 say there was in the beginning?
(a) Nothing--the world was without form and void.
(b) The Gobrin Ice.
(c) Sun and ice.
3. According to the Orgota creation myth, what will happen to the world at its end?
(a) The sun will devour itself, shadow will eat light, and there will once again be nothing but darkness and ice.
(b) An asteroid will hit the planet and blow it up.
(c) The sun will explode and melt all the ice.
(d) The sun will devour itself and the planet will turn to a dead rock.
4. What do Estraven and Genly do when they arrive at the Bay of Guthen?
(a) They set off on skis.
(b) They convert the sledge to a boat.
(c) They abandon the sledge and make up backpacks.
(d) They put the wheels back on the sledge.
5. Who agrees to take a message on Estraven's behalf to King Argaven regarding what has happened to Genly Ai?
(a) The Thirty-Three.
(d) Sardon rem ir Chenewich.
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point, Genly finds himself alone in the dormitory with a dying inmate named Asra. What does Genly tell Asra about he people on his (Genly's) planet?
2. How does Estraven succeed in freeing Genly from his captivity?
3. Whom does Genly visit at the end of spring?
4. According to the Orgota creation myth, how many men were created?
5. In Chapter 20, who is the first off the Star Ship after it lands?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)