|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Edondurath's house made from?
(a) Snow and ice.
(b) The corpses of the others he had killed.
(d) Sticks and hay.
2. In the beginning, how were the hills and valleys made?
(a) Excrement was removed from the sleepers.
(b) Excrement was pulled out of the ground.
(c) As the ice melted, its movement formed hills and valleys.
(d) Excrement was pulled out of the sun.
3. After Estraven's death at the end of Chapter 19, what does Chapter 20 tell us happens to Genly?
(a) He is taken back to Karhide and imprisoned.
(b) He is taken back to Karhide and executed.
(c) He is executed in Sassinoth.
(d) He is imprisoned in Sassinoth.
4. Why, after Estraven's successful pesthry hunt, does it become more difficult for him and Genly to travel for the next several days?
(a) Genly has constant diarrhea because the pesthry didn't agree with him.
(b) The weather changes from snow to rain, turning the snow to mush.
(c) The sledge breaks down and everything on it has be be carried by hand.
(d) A blizzard begins, lasting nine days.
5. Around the time of the earthquake, what does Estraven notice that Genly is repressing himself from doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. During his stay at the farm where Genly is being held, Estraven goes into a state of increased strength called:
2. What happens when Genly speaks before the Thirty-Three?
3. When Genly and other prisoners are taken from their first detention facility, what is their destination?
4. What illegal (according to the Law of Cultural Embargo) skill does Genly teach Estraven?
5. How does Estraven blackmail Shusgis?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)