|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Genly accomplish, in the end, his mission to incorporate Winter into the Ekumen, according to Chapter 20?
(a) It is unclear whether or not he did.
(c) Negotiations were still ongoing as of the end of the book. We will never know.
2. What is the name of the Orgota religion?
3. Who is known as the Center of Time?
4. As Chapter 14 opens, what realization has Estraven come to?
(a) He realizes that he can no longer rely on Tibe.
(b) He realizes that the Sarf was right to have arrested Genly Ai.
(c) He has realized that he can no longer rely on his "friends" Obsle and Yegey.
(d) He realizes that the only two people in Mishnory he can trust are Obsle and Yegey.
5. In Earth years, Genly is younger than 30. How old is he in Winter years?
(a) The same age as he is on Earth.
(c) More than 120.
(d) Between 150 and 200.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Genly shortly after Estraven reappears in Chapter 11 to warn him?
2. After Genly's meeting with Agraven, where is the Star Ship given clearance to land?
3. After Estraven's death at the end of Chapter 19, what does Chapter 20 tell us happens to Genly?
4. What is the Karhidish religion's viewpoint on good and evil?
5. What was the Gobrin Ice Plateau like, according to Genly's notes?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)