|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Estraven blackmail Shusgis?
(a) By telling him he (Estraven) is part of a plan to assassinate Genly Ai.
(b) By telling him that he (Estraven) was asked to assassinate him, but would rather protect him instead.
(c) By telling him he (Estraven) is part of a plan to assassinate Obsle and Yegey.
(d) By telling him he (Estraven) is part of a plan to assassinate Tibe.
2. How does Estraven acquire the initial supplies and food for the winter journey?
(a) He buys them in Turuf.
(b) He steals them in Turuf.
(c) He goes hunting.
(d) He acquires them before freeing Genly and hides them for later access.
3. How did Estraven thaw Genly's left eye when it froze shut?
(a) With his breath and tongue.
(b) With warm water.
(c) With his breath.
(d) By rubbing it.
4. When Estraven leaves Mishnory under an assumed name and with forged papers, where does he wind up?
(a) In the Rotherer Fastness.
(b) In Karhide.
(c) In Ethwen.
(d) Estraven is found out, and is imprisoned for forging his documents.
5. What is the name of the high priest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Estraven and Genly's descent of Mount Dremegole?
2. During the blizzard, what Earth game does Genly teach Estraven to play?
3. What was the Gobrin Ice Plateau like, according to Genly's notes?
4. After Estraven's death at the end of Chapter 19, what does Chapter 20 tell us happens to Genly?
5. By the end of Chapter 16, how many total miles since leaving their first camp have Estraven and Genly covered?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)