|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 15 opens, where do Genly and Estraven decide to hide for the winter?
(b) Kerm Ice.
(d) Gobrin Ice.
2. Did Genly accomplish, in the end, his mission to incorporate Winter into the Ekumen, according to Chapter 20?
(a) Negotiations were still ongoing as of the end of the book. We will never know.
(c) It is unclear whether or not he did.
3. Whom does Estraven believe the people of Orgoreyn fear?
(a) Each other.
4. What illegal (according to the Law of Cultural Embargo) skill does Genly teach Estraven?
(a) How to understand women.
(b) Interplanetary travel.
5. During the blizzard, what Earth game does Genly teach Estraven to play?
(a) Mah Jongg.
(d) Go Fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the high priest?
2. On what day of their trip do Genly and Estraven eventually arrive in Karhide?
3. When Genly and Estraven come out of Tarrenpeth Forest, a few days into their journey, what does Estraven use his previously-acquired hunting skills to trap?
4. What does Estraven do with the letter he writes to his son, and why?
5. When Estraven leaves Mishnory under an assumed name and with forged papers, where does he wind up?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)