|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Genly accomplish, in the end, his mission to incorporate Winter into the Ekumen, according to Chapter 20?
(a) It is unclear whether or not he did.
(d) Negotiations were still ongoing as of the end of the book. We will never know.
2. According to the Orgota creation myth, what will happen to the world at its end?
(a) An asteroid will hit the planet and blow it up.
(b) The sun will devour itself and the planet will turn to a dead rock.
(c) The sun will explode and melt all the ice.
(d) The sun will devour itself, shadow will eat light, and there will once again be nothing but darkness and ice.
3. At one point, Genly finds himself alone in the dormitory with a dying inmate named Asra. What does Genly tell Asra about he people on his (Genly's) planet?
(a) He tells Asra that the people on his planet never go into kemmer.
(b) He tells Asra that the people on his planet are in kemmer all the time.
(c) He tells Asra that the people on his planet are not androgynous.
(d) He tells Asra that the people on his planet are all blond-haired and blue-eyed.
4. When Estraven finishes calculating the rations for their winter journey, what parameters does he establish?
(a) Considering the trip is 800 miles, and traveling at a rate of 12 miles a day, they have enough rations for 78 days.
(b) Considering the distance is 400 miles, traveling at a rate of 12 miles a day, they have enough rations for 30 days.
(c) Considering the distance is 400 miles, and they need to travel at a rate of 21 miles a day, they have enough rations for 30 days.
(d) Considering the distance is 800 miles, traveling at a rate of 21 miles a day, they have enough rations for 78 days.
5. What is the name of the high priest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Gobrin Ice Plateau like, according to Genly's notes?
2. Whom does Genly visit at the end of spring?
3. In Chapter 20, who is the first off the Star Ship after it lands?
4. According to the Orgota creation myth, how many men were created?
5. After Genly's meeting with Agraven, where is the Star Ship given clearance to land?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)