|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Genly is captured and imprisoned in a work camp, what happens to him every five days and what is the consequence?
(a) He is drugged and interrogated; he eventually dies because of it.
(b) He is physically tortured; he eventually dies because of it.
(c) He is physically tortured; he eventually becomes seriously ill because of it.
(d) He is drugged and interrogated; he eventually becomes seriously ill because of it.
2. Whom does Genly visit at the end of spring?
(a) Ashe, Estraven's former kemmering.
(b) Heo Lang Hew.
(c) Esvans Harth ir rem Estraven, Estraven's father, and Arek, Estraven's older brother.
(d) The Weaver Orden.
3. What is the name of the first Karhidish village to which Genly and Estraven come?
4. When Estraven finishes calculating the rations for their winter journey, what parameters does he establish?
(a) Considering the distance is 800 miles, traveling at a rate of 21 miles a day, they have enough rations for 78 days.
(b) Considering the distance is 400 miles, traveling at a rate of 12 miles a day, they have enough rations for 30 days.
(c) Considering the trip is 800 miles, and traveling at a rate of 12 miles a day, they have enough rations for 78 days.
(d) Considering the distance is 400 miles, and they need to travel at a rate of 21 miles a day, they have enough rations for 30 days.
5. What happens during Estraven and Genly's descent of Mount Dremegole?
(a) Estraven slips on a patch of ice.
(b) A wheel gets stuck and the axle bends.
(c) The sledge tips and they lose sixty pounds of food.
(d) Genly twists his ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Genly and Estraven come out of Tarrenpeth Forest, a few days into their journey, what does Estraven use his previously-acquired hunting skills to trap?
2. What does Chapter 17 say there was in the beginning?
3. According to the Orgota creation myth, how many men were created?
4. After Genly's meeting with Agraven, where is the Star Ship given clearance to land?
5. Why, after Estraven's successful pesthry hunt, does it become more difficult for him and Genly to travel for the next several days?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)