|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Estraven and Genly do when they arrive at the Bay of Guthen?
(a) They set off on skis.
(b) They put the wheels back on the sledge.
(c) They abandon the sledge and make up backpacks.
(d) They convert the sledge to a boat.
2. When Genly and other prisoners are taken from their first detention facility, what is their destination?
(a) A Commensal farm in the Kunderer Valley.
(b) The Pulefen Commensality Third Voluntary Farm.
(c) Kundershaden Prison.
(d) The Gobrin Ice.
3. Who agrees to take a message on Estraven's behalf to King Argaven regarding what has happened to Genly Ai?
(a) Sardon rem ir Chenewich.
(d) The Thirty-Three.
4. What is the Orgota religion's viewpoint on good and evil?
(a) There is only evil; there is no good.
(b) There is only good; there is no evil.
(c) There is neither good nor evil.
(d) Both good and evil exist.
5. What happens during Estraven and Genly's descent of Mount Dremegole?
(a) Genly twists his ankle.
(b) A wheel gets stuck and the axle bends.
(c) Estraven slips on a patch of ice.
(d) The sledge tips and they lose sixty pounds of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, after Estraven's successful pesthry hunt, does it become more difficult for him and Genly to travel for the next several days?
2. Did Genly accomplish, in the end, his mission to incorporate Winter into the Ekumen, according to Chapter 20?
3. Whom does Genly visit at the end of spring?
4. How did Estraven thaw Genly's left eye when it froze shut?
5. Around the time of the earthquake, what does Estraven notice that Genly is repressing himself from doing?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)