|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Estraven's death at the end of Chapter 19, what does Chapter 20 tell us happens to Genly?
(a) He is taken back to Karhide and executed.
(b) He is executed in Sassinoth.
(c) He is imprisoned in Sassinoth.
(d) He is taken back to Karhide and imprisoned.
2. Who agrees to take a message on Estraven's behalf to King Argaven regarding what has happened to Genly Ai?
(a) The Thirty-Three.
(d) Sardon rem ir Chenewich.
3. When Genly and other prisoners are taken from their first detention facility, what is their destination?
(a) Kundershaden Prison.
(b) A Commensal farm in the Kunderer Valley.
(c) The Gobrin Ice.
(d) The Pulefen Commensality Third Voluntary Farm.
4. Around the time of the earthquake, what does Estraven notice that Genly is repressing himself from doing?
5. According to the Orgota creation myth, what will happen to the world at its end?
(a) An asteroid will hit the planet and blow it up.
(b) The sun will devour itself and the planet will turn to a dead rock.
(c) The sun will explode and melt all the ice.
(d) The sun will devour itself, shadow will eat light, and there will once again be nothing but darkness and ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Genly do in Chapter 19 that he would not allow himself to do in Chapter 16?
2. What does Estraven do with the letter he writes to his son, and why?
3. After Genly's meeting with Agraven, where is the Star Ship given clearance to land?
4. How does Estraven blackmail Shusgis?
5. By the end of Chapter 16, what has happened to Estraven?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)