|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Orgota religion's viewpoint on good and evil?
(a) There is only evil; there is no good.
(b) There is only good; there is no evil.
(c) Both good and evil exist.
(d) There is neither good nor evil.
2. What do Estraven and Genly do when they arrive at the Bay of Guthen?
(a) They put the wheels back on the sledge.
(b) They abandon the sledge and make up backpacks.
(c) They set off on skis.
(d) They convert the sledge to a boat.
3. What happens during Estraven and Genly's descent of Mount Dremegole?
(a) The sledge tips and they lose sixty pounds of food.
(b) Estraven slips on a patch of ice.
(c) Genly twists his ankle.
(d) A wheel gets stuck and the axle bends.
4. According to the Orgota creation myth, what will happen to the world at its end?
(a) The sun will explode and melt all the ice.
(b) An asteroid will hit the planet and blow it up.
(c) The sun will devour itself and the planet will turn to a dead rock.
(d) The sun will devour itself, shadow will eat light, and there will once again be nothing but darkness and ice.
5. By the end of Chapter 16, what has happened to Estraven?
(a) He is starving himself.
(b) He has lost all patience with Genly.
(c) He has gone into kemmer.
(d) He has gone into dothe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first Karhidish village to which Genly and Estraven come?
2. How long ago did the High Priest compose the sayings in Chapter 12?
3. What does Genly do in Chapter 19 that he would not allow himself to do in Chapter 16?
4. After Genly is captured and imprisoned in a work camp, what happens to him every five days and what is the consequence?
5. When Estraven leaves Mishnory under an assumed name and with forged papers, where does he wind up?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)