|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of the beginning of Chapter 18, for how many days had Genly and Estraven been traveling?
(a) 50 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) A year.
(d) 15 days.
2. By the end of Chapter 16, how many total miles since leaving their first camp have Estraven and Genly covered?
3. According to the Orgota creation myth, what will happen to the world at its end?
(a) The sun will devour itself, shadow will eat light, and there will once again be nothing but darkness and ice.
(b) The sun will devour itself and the planet will turn to a dead rock.
(c) An asteroid will hit the planet and blow it up.
(d) The sun will explode and melt all the ice.
4. What is the name of the Orgota religion?
5. When Estraven leaves Mishnory under an assumed name and with forged papers, where does he wind up?
(a) In Ethwen.
(b) Estraven is found out, and is imprisoned for forging his documents.
(c) In Karhide.
(d) In the Rotherer Fastness.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Genly's meeting with Agraven, where is the Star Ship given clearance to land?
2. Why do Genly and Estraven want to go to Sassinoth?
3. How does Estraven acquire the initial supplies and food for the winter journey?
4. What illegal (according to the Law of Cultural Embargo) skill does Genly teach Estraven?
5. After Estraven receives money from Genly, where does he find work?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)