|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Estraven thaw Genly's left eye when it froze shut?
(a) By rubbing it.
(b) With his breath.
(c) With his breath and tongue.
(d) With warm water.
2. Did Genly accomplish, in the end, his mission to incorporate Winter into the Ekumen, according to Chapter 20?
(c) Negotiations were still ongoing as of the end of the book. We will never know.
(d) It is unclear whether or not he did.
3. What is the Orgota religion's viewpoint on good and evil?
(a) There is only good; there is no evil.
(b) There is neither good nor evil.
(c) Both good and evil exist.
(d) There is only evil; there is no good.
4. By the end of Chapter 16, what has happened to Estraven?
(a) He has gone into kemmer.
(b) He is starving himself.
(c) He has lost all patience with Genly.
(d) He has gone into dothe.
5. How many of the sleepers did Edondurath kill after he woke up?
(c) None; he was the only one.
Short Answer Questions
1. As of the beginning of Chapter 18, for how many days had Genly and Estraven been traveling?
2. Why do Genly and Estraven want to go to Sassinoth?
3. What happens during Estraven and Genly's descent of Mount Dremegole?
4. What illegal (according to the Law of Cultural Embargo) skill does Genly teach Estraven?
5. How does Estraven succeed in freeing Genly from his captivity?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)