|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Orgoreyn after Agraven confronts the Commensals about what they did to Genly?
(a) Many Commensals are replaced, Faxe takes control, and Tibe is executed.
(b) Many Commensals are replaced, Yegey's party takes control, and Tibe resigns.
(c) Many Commensals are replaced, Obsle's party takes control, and Tibe resigns.
(d) The Commensals send assassins to kill Agraven and Tibe is appointed king.
2. What illegal (according to the Law of Cultural Embargo) skill does Genly teach Estraven?
(a) How to understand women.
(b) Interplanetary travel.
3. What is the name of the first Karhidish village to which Genly and Estraven come?
4. What happens when Genly speaks before the Thirty-Three?
(a) News of Genly finally became public knowledge in Orgoreyn.
(b) Obsle becomes afraid of him and cancels the reception that was scheduled for him.
(c) Obsle becomes convinced that Genly is a good person.
(d) Genly is deported by the Thirty-Three.
5. According to the Orgota creation myth, how many men were created?
(a) 2, one male and one female.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Orgota religion?
2. Why, after Estraven's successful pesthry hunt, does it become more difficult for him and Genly to travel for the next several days?
3. During the blizzard, what Earth game does Genly teach Estraven to play?
4. In Earth years, Genly is younger than 30. How old is he in Winter years?
5. How does Estraven succeed in freeing Genly from his captivity?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)