|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his stay at the farm where Genly is being held, Estraven goes into a state of increased strength called:
2. How many of the sleepers did Edondurath kill after he woke up?
(b) None; he was the only one.
3. As Chapter 14 opens, what realization has Estraven come to?
(a) He realizes that the Sarf was right to have arrested Genly Ai.
(b) He has realized that he can no longer rely on his "friends" Obsle and Yegey.
(c) He realizes that the only two people in Mishnory he can trust are Obsle and Yegey.
(d) He realizes that he can no longer rely on Tibe.
4. What type of prisoner is Genly?
(a) Prisoner of love.
(b) Political prisoner.
(c) Prisoner of war.
(d) Prisoner of conscience.
5. How long ago did the High Priest compose the sayings in Chapter 12?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 600 years.
(c) 900 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Genly visit at the end of spring?
2. What illegal (according to the Law of Cultural Embargo) skill does Genly teach Estraven?
3. Why do Genly and Estraven want to go to Sassinoth?
4. In the beginning, how were the hills and valleys made?
5. As of the beginning of Chapter 18, for how many days had Genly and Estraven been traveling?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)