Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the sleepers did Edondurath kill after he woke up?
(c) None; he was the only one.
2. What role does Estraven tell Genly that King Argaven will be able to play with Orgota once he receives word of Genly's capture?
(a) First Mobile.
3. In Chapter 18, Genly and Estraven have gone through much of the provisions they started with. What do we learn that Genly and Estraven are now relying on eating for nourishment?
(a) Pesthry and gichy-michy.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Orsh and gichy-michy.
(d) Pesthry and orsh.
4. As of the beginning of Chapter 18, for how many days had Genly and Estraven been traveling?
(a) 15 days.
(b) A year.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 50 days.
5. What does Estraven's social status change to after he receives the money from Genly?
(a) Dependent, meaning he is able to support himself.
(b) Unit, meaning he can't support himself.
(c) Dependent, meaning he can't support himself.
(d) Unit, meaning he is able to support himself.
6. According to the Orgota creation myth, what will happen to the world at its end?
(a) The sun will explode and melt all the ice.
(b) The sun will devour itself and the planet will turn to a dead rock.
(c) The sun will devour itself, shadow will eat light, and there will once again be nothing but darkness and ice.
(d) An asteroid will hit the planet and blow it up.
7. In the beginning, how were the hills and valleys made?
(a) Excrement was removed from the sleepers.
(b) Excrement was pulled out of the ground.
(c) As the ice melted, its movement formed hills and valleys.
(d) Excrement was pulled out of the sun.
8. What type of prisoner is Genly?
(a) Prisoner of conscience.
(b) Prisoner of war.
(c) Political prisoner.
(d) Prisoner of love.
9. Who agrees to take a message on Estraven's behalf to King Argaven regarding what has happened to Genly Ai?
(a) Sardon rem ir Chenewich.
(c) The Thirty-Three.
10. When Estraven leaves Mishnory under an assumed name and with forged papers, where does he wind up?
(a) Estraven is found out, and is imprisoned for forging his documents.
(b) In Ethwen.
(c) In Karhide.
(d) In the Rotherer Fastness.
11. During his stay at the farm where Genly is being held, Estraven goes into a state of increased strength called:
12. How does Estraven blackmail Shusgis?
(a) By telling him he (Estraven) is part of a plan to assassinate Genly Ai.
(b) By telling him he (Estraven) is part of a plan to assassinate Obsle and Yegey.
(c) By telling him that he (Estraven) was asked to assassinate him, but would rather protect him instead.
(d) By telling him he (Estraven) is part of a plan to assassinate Tibe.
13. What illegal (according to the Law of Cultural Embargo) skill does Genly teach Estraven?
(b) Interplanetary travel.
(c) How to understand women.
14. After Genly comes to live in Mishnory, what does Estraven find strange about how the local government is handling the presence of a First Mobile in their town?
(a) He finds it strange that Genly is being talked about in the media as if he were a celebrity.
(b) He finds it strange that all information pertaining to Genly is censored by the Sarf.
(c) He finds it strange that Tibe's men didn't somehow follow Genly to Mishnory.
(d) He finds it strange that his association with Genly hasn't cost him his job.
15. What does Estraven do with the letter he writes to his son, and why?
(a) He doesn't send it because it would condemn his son.
(b) He hand delivers it to his son.
(c) He sends it because he misses his son.
(d) He doesn't send it because he disowned his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known as the Center of Time?
2. What happens when Genly speaks before the Thirty-Three?
3. On what day of their trip do Genly and Estraven eventually arrive in Karhide?
4. After Estraven's death at the end of Chapter 19, what does Chapter 20 tell us happens to Genly?
5. What does the sight of the Esherhoth Crags do for Estraven and Genly?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)