|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Homecoming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Berosty's kemmering offer in return for being told how long Lord Berosty will live?
(a) He offers his life.
(b) He offers three cows and a chicken.
(c) He offers his first-born child.
(d) He offers his life's savings.
2. Why, after Estraven's successful pesthry hunt, does it become more difficult for him and Genly to travel for the next several days?
(a) Genly has constant diarrhea because the pesthry didn't agree with him.
(b) A blizzard begins, lasting nine days.
(c) The weather changes from snow to rain, turning the snow to mush.
(d) The sledge breaks down and everything on it has be be carried by hand.
3. Where does Genly live during the month of Kus?
4. Who is waiting for Estraven at the city gate when he arrives in Kuseben?
(a) Ashe, his former kemmering.
(b) Genly Ai.
(c) His two sons.
5. What are the two themes that are introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Religion and spirituality.
(b) Love and betrayal.
(c) Journey and discovery.
(d) Betrayal and fear of the unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Orgota creation myth, what will happen to the world at its end?
2. On what day of the month is Genly allowed to visit the Nine Foretellers and ask his question?
3. Why does Chapter 5 say that Genly has come to Rer?
4. What happens to Lord Berosty after his kemmering's death?
5. What is Genly Ai's mission?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)