|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Between Drummer and Dremegole.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of the request made by Genly Ai in Chapter 6?
(a) He requests permission to enter the Commensality.
(b) He asks Estraven to pledge kemmering to him.
(c) He asks to be taken to Shelt Port.
(d) He requests asylum in Orgoreyn.
2. What is the period of time during which a Gethenian is sexually inactive called?
3. How does Genly finance the trip he takes in Chapter 5?
(a) He sells two of his rubies.
(b) He charges it on his credit card.
(c) He sells one of his rubies.
(d) He pays for it with cash.
4. What does Genly ask the Foretellers?
(a) Will Karhide be a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within seven years?
(b) Will Gethen be a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within seven years?
(c) Will Gethen become a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within five years?
(d) Will Karhide be a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within five years?
5. What is the result of Genly's meeting with the king?
(a) The king is so offended by Genly's pictures that he has Genly imprisoned.
(b) The meeting is successful; Karhide becomes part of the Ekumen.
(c) The meeting is not successful; the king is not interested in Karhide becoming part of the Ekumen.
(d) It is a good "get to know you" meeting; the king is interested in learning more about the Ekumen and schedules a second discussion with Genly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Genly speaks before the Thirty-Three?
2. On what day of the month is Genly allowed to visit the Nine Foretellers and ask his question?
3. What is the name of Lord Berosty's kemmering?
4. After he loses his registration due to a change in the Alien Registry Law, what happens to Estraven?
5. Who tells Getheren that he is in danger of suicide?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)