|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Between Drummer and Dremegole.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nineteenth day of the month known as?
(b) The nineteenth day.
2. Why does Berosty kill his kemmering after his return from Thangering Fastness and Weaver Odren?
(a) He didn't ask *when* Lord Berosty would die, but *how long* Lord Berosty would live.
(b) The kemmering didn't ask *how long* Lord Berosty would live, but instead *when* Lord Berosty would die.
(c) Berosty didn't want his kemmering to approach Weaver Odren, and the kemmering had disobeyed his orders.
(d) Berosty discovered his partner had broken kemmering.
3. Whom does Estraven believe the people of Orgoreyn fear?
(d) Each other.
4. The planet on which Genly Ai is stationed is called 'Gethen' by its inhabitants. What do humans know this planet as?
(b) Formaldehyde 5.
5. How long does a journey from Gethen to the Prime World, Hain, take?
(a) 670 years.
(b) 67 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 76 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the month is Genly allowed to visit the Nine Foretellers and ask his question?
2. After his return to Erhenrang, Genly sends Tibe a note. What is in this note?
3. Who visits Genly the morning following the dinner with which Chapter 8 ends?
4. What happens to Genly shortly after Estraven reappears in Chapter 11 to warn him?
5. As Chapter 14 opens, what realization has Estraven come to?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)