|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Estraven find employment in his new home?
(a) He works as an orderly in the hospital.
(b) He remains unemployed and dependent on charity.
(c) He works in the ice-houses, packing fish.
(d) He lives on a commune and helps with field labor and gardening.
2. At one point, Genly finds himself alone in the dormitory with a dying inmate named Asra. What does Genly tell Asra about he people on his (Genly's) planet?
(a) He tells Asra that the people on his planet are all blond-haired and blue-eyed.
(b) He tells Asra that the people on his planet never go into kemmer.
(c) He tells Asra that the people on his planet are in kemmer all the time.
(d) He tells Asra that the people on his planet are not androgynous.
3. Which picture offends the king when Genly shows it to him?
(a) A picture of the supreme leader of the Ekumen.
(b) A picture of a female from Cime.
(c) A picture of a male from Earth.
(d) A picture of a fellow Gethenian.
4. Where does Genly think about going next, and where does he actually decide to go?
(a) The Fastnesses/Orgoreyn.
(b) Orgoreyn/the Fastnesses.
(c) The Gobrin Ice/the Pering Ice.
(d) The Pering Ice/the Gobrin Ice.
5. What is the Gethenians' sexual orientation, according to Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Genly comes to live in Mishnory, what does Estraven find strange about how the local government is handling the presence of a First Mobile in their town?
2. What is the advice that Estraven gives Genly during his visit to Genly's apartment in Mishnory?
3. What is the monogamous partnership between two Gethenians called?
4. What is the primary conflict in Chapter 2 that sets its events in motion?
5. After his return to Erhenrang, Genly sends Tibe a note. What is in this note?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)