|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gender of the inhabitants of Gethen?
(a) Entirely male.
(c) Entirely female.
(d) Male and female.
2. On what day of the month is Genly allowed to visit the Nine Foretellers and ask his question?
(a) Odstreth, the 18th.
(b) Odstreth, the 19th.
(c) Onnetherhad, the 18th.
(d) Onnetherhad, the 19th.
3. How does Genly finance the trip he takes in Chapter 5?
(a) He pays for it with cash.
(b) He sells one of his rubies.
(c) He sells two of his rubies.
(d) He charges it on his credit card.
4. Why must Estraven escape on foot?
(a) His car was confiscated when the exile decree was issued.
(b) If he uses any conveyance, those aiding him would be liable and would be punished.
(c) He is afraid to fly.
(d) He doesn't know how to drive.
5. After leaving Kuseben, where does Estraven first land?
(b) The Gulf of Charisune.
(c) Shelt Port, Orgoreyn.
(d) The Orgny Fastness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the story in Chapter 2 take place?
2. When Genly finally gets to Mishnory, whom does he find there?
3. When Stokven realizes he was lied to, what does he do?
4. What name does Estraven give the man who rescues him?
5. Why does Genly wind up on a communal farm?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)