|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Estraven the Traitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nineteenth day of the month known as?
(d) The nineteenth day.
2. What does Odren tell Lord Berosty's kemmering?
(a) He tells the kemmering that he and Lord Berosty will die at the same time.
(b) He tells the kemmering that he made a mistake and that Lord Berosty won't be dying any time soon.
(c) Odren tells the kemmering that Lord Berosty will live longer than the kemmering does.
(d) He tells the kemmering that he will outlive Lord Berosty.
3. What do the Investigator's field notes say about being a First Mobile on Winter?
(a) First Mobiles must have low self-esteem, because anything else is seen as arrogance.
(b) No First Mobile has ever returned from Winter alive.
(c) First Mobiles are accepted as natives.
(d) First Mobiles must be self-assured, because their pride will be tested.
4. What religion are the Foretellers?
5. What is the name of Lord Berosty's kemmering?
(a) Geganner of the Herbor clan.
(c) Herbor of the Geganner clan.
Short Answer Questions
1. It's been pointed out many times in "The Left Hand of Darkness," thus far, that the Gethenians are androgynous. What does "androgynous" mean?
2. Which picture offends the king when Genly shows it to him?
3. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 4, "The Nineteenth Day?"
4. Why is it so monumental that Estraven and Stokven swore kemmering to each other?
5. After leaving Kuseben, where does Estraven first land?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)