|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Estraven the Traitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Estraven when he tries to leave Kuseben by boat?
(a) He is shot by a sonic gun, and is captured by Tibe's forces.
(b) He is shot by a sonic gun, then rescued by a harbor patrol ship.
(c) Nothing happens; he successfully escapes and lands at Shelt Port in Orgoreyn.
(d) The boat sinks and he drowns.
2. The relationship between which two characters is introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Genly Ai and Estraven.
(b) Genly Ai and King Argaven.
(c) King Argaven and Tibe.
(d) Estraven and Tibe.
3. What does Genly do during his time in Otherhord, while he is waiting to be taken to the Foretellers?
(a) Genly assists in the communal work of field labor, gardening, woodcutting, and maintenance.
(b) Genly tries to convince Otherhord to become part of the Ekumen.
(c) Genly is apprenticed to the blacksmith.
(d) Genly works in the village's general store.
4. Before he dies, what does Estraven II do?
(a) He wins the feud with Stok and claims the entire Domain for Estre.
(b) He wins the feud with Stok without any loss of land.
(c) He loses the feud with Stok, and Estre becoms part of the Domain of Stok.
(d) He ends the feud with Stok by giving half the disputed land to the Domain of Stok.
5. What is the climate on the planet Gethen, year-round?
(a) Cool and rainy.
(b) Cold and freezing.
(c) The planet experiences all four seasons.
(d) Warm and sunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the story in Chapter 2 take place?
2. Is it possible for a Gethenian to change gender from one period of sexual activity to another?
3. What does Genly ask the Foretellers?
4. What is the monogamous partnership between two Gethenians called?
5. What is the bridge on the river Ey?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)