|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Estraven the Traitor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Estraven find employment in his new home?
(a) He remains unemployed and dependent on charity.
(b) He works in the ice-houses, packing fish.
(c) He works as an orderly in the hospital.
(d) He lives on a commune and helps with field labor and gardening.
2. What is the name of Lord Berosty's kemmering?
(c) Herbor of the Geganner clan.
(d) Geganner of the Herbor clan.
3. What is the nature of the request made by Genly Ai in Chapter 6?
(a) He requests permission to enter the Commensality.
(b) He asks Estraven to pledge kemmering to him.
(c) He asks to be taken to Shelt Port.
(d) He requests asylum in Orgoreyn.
4. Who tells Getheren that he is in danger of suicide?
(a) Genly Ai.
(b) Hode, his brother and kemmering.
(d) The Lord of Shath.
5. Why does Chapter 5 say that Genly has come to Rer?
(a) He wants to live on a commune.
(b) He is discouraged after his failed meeting with the King and needs a break.
(c) He is looking for a job.
(d) He wishes to visit a nearby fastness and learn about what Foretellers do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Genly think about going next, and where does he actually decide to go?
2. What message does the king ask Genly to send to Hain using his communicator?
3. Who is the story in Chapter 9 about?
4. What does Lord Berosty do after receiving his Foretelling?
5. Who finds Getheren on the ninth day after he leaves his homeland?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)