|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Question of Sex.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Investigator's field notes say about being a First Mobile on Winter?
(a) First Mobiles must be self-assured, because their pride will be tested.
(b) No First Mobile has ever returned from Winter alive.
(c) First Mobiles must have low self-esteem, because anything else is seen as arrogance.
(d) First Mobiles are accepted as natives.
2. Which picture offends the king when Genly shows it to him?
(a) A picture of the supreme leader of the Ekumen.
(b) A picture of a female from Cime.
(c) A picture of a male from Earth.
(d) A picture of a fellow Gethenian.
3. Is it possible for a Gethenian to change gender from one period of sexual activity to another?
(b) The book does not specify.
4. What unanswerable question did the Lord of Shorth, according to Goss, force the foretellers to answer?
(a) Why is the sky blue?
(b) When will I die?
(c) What is the meaning of life?
(d) What happens after death?
5. Whose name comes up during Estraven's dinner conversation with Commensals Yegey and Obsle?
(c) Genly Ai.
(d) The Lord Bishory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Rer from Karhide?
2. What is the length of the Gethenians' sexual cycle?
3. Where does the story in Chapter 2 take place?
4. After he loses his registration due to a change in the Alien Registry Law, what happens to Estraven?
5. When does the story in Chapter 2 take place?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)