|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Question of Sex.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Berosty's kemmering offer in return for being told how long Lord Berosty will live?
(a) He offers his life.
(b) He offers his first-born child.
(c) He offers three cows and a chicken.
(d) He offers his life's savings.
2. How does Genly finance the trip he takes in Chapter 5?
(a) He pays for it with cash.
(b) He charges it on his credit card.
(c) He sells two of his rubies.
(d) He sells one of his rubies.
3. What are the important themes of Chapter 2?
(a) Breaking the law and exile.
(b) Marriage and divorce.
(c) Betrayal and hatred.
(d) Kemmering and love.
4. What name does Estraven give to the doctor while he is in the hospital?
(a) Therem Ashe.
(b) Therem Estraven.
(c) Therem Harth.
(d) Therem Ai.
5. When does the story in Chapter 2 take place?
(a) 200 years ago.
(b) 50 years ago.
(d) 10 years in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the story in Chapter 2 take place?
2. What is the purpose of the parade upon which Chapter 1 opens?
3. In Chapter 1, who is Pemmer Harge rem ir Tibe ('Tibe' for short) described as?
4. Why does Berosty kill his kemmering after his return from Thangering Fastness and Weaver Odren?
5. It's been pointed out many times in "The Left Hand of Darkness," thus far, that the Gethenians are androgynous. What does "androgynous" mean?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)