|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Domestication of Hunch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The planet on which Genly Ai is stationed is called 'Gethen' by its inhabitants. What do humans know this planet as?
(a) Formaldehyde 5.
2. What does Genly ask the Foretellers?
(a) Will Gethen become a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within five years?
(b) Will Gethen be a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within seven years?
(c) Will Karhide be a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within five years?
(d) Will Karhide be a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within seven years?
3. What happens to Getheren on the third morning after his departure from his homeland?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is rescued and granted asylum by his rescuers.
(c) He finds shelter in an abandoned hunting camp.
(d) His hands and feet are frostbitten.
4. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 4, "The Nineteenth Day?"
(a) Nineteen is the number of children Lord Berosty is forecasted to have.
(b) The Nineteenth Day is the day, in any month, on which Lord Berosty's kemmering will die.
(c) The nineteenth day, in any month, is Lord Berosty's forecasted wedding date.
(d) The Nineteenth Day is the day, in any month, on which Lord Berosty is predicted to die
5. What is Genly Ai's mission?
(a) Genly's mission is to negotiate an alliance between Gethen and the Ekumen of Known Worlds.
(b) Genly's mission is to encourage Erhenrang to secede from Karhide.
(c) Genly's mission is to convince Gethen to leave the Ekumen of Known Worlds.
(d) Genly doesn't have a mission; he's just sightseeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Genly do during his time in Otherhord, while he is waiting to be taken to the Foretellers?
2. How does Genly finance the trip he takes in Chapter 5?
3. In this story, what does the main character, Lord Berosty, do?
4. What is the nineteenth day of the month known as?
5. Where does the story in Chapter 2 take place?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)