|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Domestication of Hunch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which picture offends the king when Genly shows it to him?
(a) A picture of a male from Earth.
(b) A picture of a female from Cime.
(c) A picture of a fellow Gethenian.
(d) A picture of the supreme leader of the Ekumen.
2. How long does Genly's journey to Rer, which is described in Chapter 5, take?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Four years.
(d) Four days.
3. What is the name of Lord Berosty's kemmering?
(a) Herbor of the Geganner clan.
(b) Geganner of the Herbor clan.
4. What unanswerable question did the Lord of Shorth, according to Goss, force the foretellers to answer?
(a) What is the meaning of life?
(b) Why is the sky blue?
(c) What happens after death?
(d) When will I die?
5. When does the story in Chapter 2 take place?
(a) 10 years in the future.
(b) 200 years ago.
(c) 50 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the climate on the planet Gethen, year-round?
2. What does Genly ask the Foretellers?
3. What is the primary conflict in Chapter 2 that sets its events in motion?
4. Where does Genly think about going next, and where does he actually decide to go?
5. What is the gender of the inhabitants of Gethen?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)