|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Mad King.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Genly Ai's mission?
(a) Genly's mission is to convince Gethen to leave the Ekumen of Known Worlds.
(b) Genly's mission is to negotiate an alliance between Gethen and the Ekumen of Known Worlds.
(c) Genly doesn't have a mission; he's just sightseeing.
(d) Genly's mission is to encourage Erhenrang to secede from Karhide.
2. When Getheren leaves Orhoch, what name does he travel under?
(a) Genly Ai.
3. What is the primary conflict in Chapter 2 that sets its events in motion?
(a) Two brothers are exiled.
(b) Two brothers are commanded to break their kemmering vow.
(c) Two brothers are commanded to vow kemmering.
(d) Two hearths go to war against each other.
4. What is the name of Karhide's king?
(a) King Argaven XIV.
(b) King Aragon.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) King Argaven XV.
5. Which picture offends the king when Genly shows it to him?
(a) A picture of a female from Cime.
(b) A picture of a fellow Gethenian.
(c) A picture of the supreme leader of the Ekumen.
(d) A picture of a male from Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the story in Chapter 2 take place?
2. What are the economic conditions of Getheren's homeland, before and after he takes back his name and shadow?
3. What message does the king ask Genly to send to Hain using his communicator?
4. Where does Getheren wind up after he leaves Karhide?
5. Why does the Ekumen send only one representative to Karhide?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)