|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, One Way in to Orgoreyn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary conflict in Chapter 2 that sets its events in motion?
(a) Two brothers are commanded to vow kemmering.
(b) Two brothers are exiled.
(c) Two hearths go to war against each other.
(d) Two brothers are commanded to break their kemmering vow.
2. What is the Gethenians' sexual orientation, according to Chapter 3?
3. What is the Gethenians' mating cycle known as?
(b) Mating cycle.
(d) Being in heat.
4. What is the name of Lord Berosty's kemmering?
(c) Herbor of the Geganner clan.
(d) Geganner of the Herbor clan.
5. How does Genly finance the trip he takes in Chapter 5?
(a) He pays for it with cash.
(b) He sells two of his rubies.
(c) He charges it on his credit card.
(d) He sells one of his rubies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Genly's journey to Rer, which is described in Chapter 5, take?
2. Is Lord Berosty satisfied with the answer he receives? Why?
3. Who tells Getheren that he is in danger of suicide?
4. What themes are highlighted in the story told in Chapter 4?
5. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 4, "The Nineteenth Day?"
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)