|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, One Way in to Orgoreyn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the economic conditions of Getheren's homeland, before and after he takes back his name and shadow?
2. What does Genly carry in the case that he brings to his meeting with King Argaven?
(b) Money and gifts that were sent by the Ekumen to the king.
(c) His ansible communicator and pictures.
(d) His ansible communicator.
3. What does Odren tell Lord Berosty's kemmering?
(a) He tells the kemmering that he will outlive Lord Berosty.
(b) He tells the kemmering that he made a mistake and that Lord Berosty won't be dying any time soon.
(c) He tells the kemmering that he and Lord Berosty will die at the same time.
(d) Odren tells the kemmering that Lord Berosty will live longer than the kemmering does.
4. What happens to Estraven when he tries to leave Kuseben by boat?
(a) Nothing happens; he successfully escapes and lands at Shelt Port in Orgoreyn.
(b) He is shot by a sonic gun, then rescued by a harbor patrol ship.
(c) The boat sinks and he drowns.
(d) He is shot by a sonic gun, and is captured by Tibe's forces.
5. Who is waiting for Estraven at the city gate when he arrives in Kuseben?
(a) Genly Ai.
(c) His two sons.
(d) Ashe, his former kemmering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Estraven is granted asylum, to which he must travel?
2. What does Estraven do once he learns of his exile?
3. What happens to Getheren on the third morning after his departure from his homeland?
4. In this story, what does the main character, Lord Berosty, do?
5. What themes are highlighted in the story told in Chapter 4?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)