|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, One Way in to Orgoreyn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Estraven when he tries to leave Kuseben by boat?
(a) He is shot by a sonic gun, and is captured by Tibe's forces.
(b) The boat sinks and he drowns.
(c) Nothing happens; he successfully escapes and lands at Shelt Port in Orgoreyn.
(d) He is shot by a sonic gun, then rescued by a harbor patrol ship.
2. Are there any long-term effects of Getheren's long exposure to the cold?
(a) Yes. He loses his left hand to frostbite.
(b) Yes. He loses his right foot to frostbite.
(c) No. Those inhabiting Karhide are not susceptible to the cold.
(d) No. He is dressed warmly enough to protect himself.
3. What message does the king ask Genly to send to Hain using his communicator?
(a) Why do you want my nation to join the Ekumen?
(b) What makes a man a traitor?
(c) Why did you send Genly here?
(d) What makes a man loyal?
4. What does Estraven do once he learns of his exile?
(a) He sends a telegram to Genly to ask for his help.
(b) He attempts to murder Tibe.
(c) Estraven writes to his former kemmering, telling him to sell certain valuables so that their sons will have money.
(d) He writes to his former kemmering to ask if he can join him in the Orgny Fastness.
5. What name does Estraven give to the doctor while he is in the hospital?
(a) Therem Estraven.
(b) Therem Ai.
(c) Therem Harth.
(d) Therem Ashe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the price Genly is charged for an audience with the Foretellers?
2. What is the Gethenians' mating cycle known as?
3. Whose name comes up during Estraven's dinner conversation with Commensals Yegey and Obsle?
4. What answer (in part) does the king receive?
5. Where does Genly think about going next, and where does he actually decide to go?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)