|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, To the Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to bring the ship to Orgota?
(a) Yegey and Slose.
(b) Slose and Gaum.
(c) Yegey and Obsle.
(d) Genly and Estraven.
2. What unanswerable question did the Lord of Shorth, according to Goss, force the foretellers to answer?
(a) When will I die?
(b) Why is the sky blue?
(c) What happens after death?
(d) What is the meaning of life?
3. How does Genly finance the trip he takes in Chapter 5?
(a) He charges it on his credit card.
(b) He sells two of his rubies.
(c) He sells one of his rubies.
(d) He pays for it with cash.
4. Could the Foretellers answer the Lord of Shorth's question? What happened?
(a) Yes; however, the answer was never recorded and is lost to history.
(b) No; they clubbed him to death to get out of answering it.
(c) No; they said no one could possibly know that answer.
(d) Yes; they knew the answer, but refused to give it to him.
5. What is the Foretellers' answer to the question that Genly asks them?
(a) The question is unanswerable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his continued arrogance, what does Genly refer to himself as, in comparison with Estraven?
2. Who visits Genly the morning following the dinner with which Chapter 8 ends?
3. How does Estraven acquire the initial supplies and food for the winter journey?
4. What is Genly's opinion of Estraven's presence in Orgoreyn?
5. Why does Chapter 5 say that Genly has come to Rer?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)