|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, To the Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Chapter 10, what is Genly starting to realize?
(a) He's starting to realize that his initial impressions were accurate and that Orgoreyn is much more advanced and civilized than Karhide.
(b) He's starting to realize that his first impressions were wrong and that Karhide is much more advanced and civilized than Orgoreyn.
(c) He's starting to realize that the secret police, not the King, are running Karhide.
(d) He's starting to realize that something's not quite right; Orgoreyn isn't as it appears.
2. How does Estraven acquire the initial supplies and food for the winter journey?
(a) He goes hunting.
(b) He steals them in Turuf.
(c) He buys them in Turuf.
(d) He acquires them before freeing Genly and hides them for later access.
3. How far is Rer from Karhide?
(a) 11,000 miles.
(b) 11 miles.
(c) 110 miles.
(d) 1,100 miles.
4. When Estraven finishes calculating the rations for their winter journey, what parameters does he establish?
(a) Considering the distance is 800 miles, traveling at a rate of 21 miles a day, they have enough rations for 78 days.
(b) Considering the distance is 400 miles, and they need to travel at a rate of 21 miles a day, they have enough rations for 30 days.
(c) Considering the trip is 800 miles, and traveling at a rate of 12 miles a day, they have enough rations for 78 days.
(d) Considering the distance is 400 miles, traveling at a rate of 12 miles a day, they have enough rations for 30 days.
5. Who visits Genly the morning following the dinner with which Chapter 8 ends?
(d) The Commensals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Genly finance the trip he takes in Chapter 5?
2. What does Genly do during his time in Otherhord, while he is waiting to be taken to the Foretellers?
3. Could the Foretellers answer the Lord of Shorth's question? What happened?
4. What is the Foretellers' answer to the question that Genly asks them?
5. In his continued arrogance, what does Genly refer to himself as, in comparison with Estraven?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)