|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, To the Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Foretellers' answer to the question that Genly asks them?
(b) The question is unanswerable.
2. What does Genly ask the Foretellers?
(a) Will Karhide be a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within seven years?
(b) Will Gethen be a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within seven years?
(c) Will Karhide be a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within five years?
(d) Will Gethen become a member of the Ekumen of the Known Worlds within five years?
3. What do the Commensals want to do with the information Genly gives to them during lunch?
(a) They want to have the Star Ship land in Orgota in order to bring prestige to themselves and the nation.
(b) They want to send an assassin to kill Tibe.
(c) They want to visit Genly's ship.
(d) They want to shoot down the NAFAL ship and kill Genly.
4. What unanswerable question did the Lord of Shorth, according to Goss, force the foretellers to answer?
(a) What is the meaning of life?
(b) What happens after death?
(c) When will I die?
(d) Why is the sky blue?
5. Who visits Genly the morning following the dinner with which Chapter 8 ends?
(a) The Commensals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Genly's journey to Rer, which is described in Chapter 5, take?
2. When Estraven finishes calculating the rations for their winter journey, what parameters does he establish?
3. As Chapter 15 opens, where do Genly and Estraven decide to hide for the winter?
4. Why does Chapter 5 say that Genly has come to Rer?
5. What is the price Genly is charged for an audience with the Foretellers?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)