|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, To the Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his continued arrogance, what does Genly refer to himself as, in comparison with Estraven?
(a) He considers himself an owl and Estraven a pigeon.
(b) He considers himself a mule and Estraven a stallion.
(c) He considers himself a stallion and Estraven a pesthry.
(d) He considers himself a stallion and Estraven a mule.
2. What is Genly's opinion of Estraven's presence in Orgoreyn?
(a) He is glad that Estraven was able to find refuge.
(b) He believes it is a benefit.
(c) He is planning to betray Estraven to Tibe.
(d) He believes it is a complication.
3. What does Genly do during his time in Otherhord, while he is waiting to be taken to the Foretellers?
(a) Genly tries to convince Otherhord to become part of the Ekumen.
(b) Genly works in the village's general store.
(c) Genly is apprenticed to the blacksmith.
(d) Genly assists in the communal work of field labor, gardening, woodcutting, and maintenance.
4. How far is Rer from Karhide?
(a) 110 miles.
(b) 11,000 miles.
(c) 11 miles.
(d) 1,100 miles.
5. How long does Genly's journey to Rer, which is described in Chapter 5, take?
(a) Four years.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Could the Foretellers answer the Lord of Shorth's question? What happened?
2. What does Genly learn during his lunch with the local politicians?
3. When Genly and Estraven come out of Tarrenpeth Forest, a few days into their journey, what does Estraven use his previously-acquired hunting skills to trap?
4. What is the Sarf?
5. Who visits Genly the morning following the dinner with which Chapter 8 ends?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)