1. The planet on which Genly Ai is stationed is called 'Gethen' by its inhabitants. What do humans know this planet as?
(c) Formaldehyde 5.
2. This city is the capital of the nation of Karhide:
(b) The Island.
3. What is the name of Karhide's king?
(a) King Argaven XV.
(b) King Arthur.
(c) King Aragon.
(d) King Argaven XIV.
4. What is the purpose of the parade upon which Chapter 1 opens?
(a) It celebrates Genly's arrival.
(b) It celebrates the King's ascension to the throne.
(c) It celebrates the Karhide Independence Day.
(d) It celebrates the completion of the Arch of River Gate.
5. In Chapter 1, who is Pemmer Harge rem ir Tibe ('Tibe' for short) described as?
(a) There is no one in the book by this name.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The king's cousin.
(d) The mayor of Erhenrang.
6. What is the mortar the king applies to the Arch's keystone made of?
(b) Ground animal bones mixed with animal blood.
(c) Ground animal bones mixed with human blood.
(d) Ground human bones mixed with human blood.
This section contains 6,883 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)