|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain of the French troops offer to Immaculee shortly after discovering she can speak French fluently?
(a) To aid the RPF in overthrowing the government.
(b) To march on Kigali with all the Tutsi.
(c) To search for every Tutsi in the region.
(d) To kill any Hutu she wants dead.
2. What does Immaculee track within Rwanda in her first job at the UN?
(a) UN Peacekeeping troops.
(b) Tutsi refugees.
(d) Hutu refugees.
3. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
(a) A set of fine china.
(b) A pair of gold earrings.
(c) A pair of leather shoes.
(d) A diamond-studded belt.
4. To which apostle does Immaculee appeal in her prayer for a job?
5. Approximately how many Interahamwe do Pastor Murinzi's family and the Tutsi women pass on the road while moving towards the French field encampment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Damascene's last letter to his family?
2. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
3. Which of the pastor's relatives does Immaculee hear speaking about murders of Tutsi outside the bathroom window at the beginning of "Unlikely Saviors"?
4. To which Biblical figure does Aloise compare the Tutsi refugees surrounded by the Interahamwe killers upon her arrival at the roadblock?
5. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of the city of Kigali when Immaculee and her friends arrive there after the war?
2. For what reason does Immaculee believe the French would not slaughter the Tutsi people as the Hutu think they would?
3. What does Immaculee hope her words can do for survivors of holocausts and for those subject to violence everywhere?
4. What is Immaculee's reaction to seeing the deformed skull of her slain brother Damascene?
5. How does Immaculee finally manage to get a job working for the United Nations?
6. How do the children of the pastor react to learning of the women who had been hiding in the pastor's bathroom?
7. Why does Immaculee attempt to teach herself English while hiding in the bathroom?
8. Into what situation are the Tutsi survivors placed by the French on the road to the RPF troops?
9. Why do the Hutu think that the French coming to Rwanda would be a boon to their genocidal efforts?
10. How do the RPF soldiers greet Immaculee when she first arrives at the roadblock?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)