|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the housekeeper who gives Immaculee a detailed description of the death of her brother Damascene?
2. How many Tutsi refugees are in the French camp when Operation Turquoise comes to a close?
3. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
4. Which of the pastor's children do not receive the Tutsi women with sympathy?
5. With whom is Immaculee reunited in late 1995?
(a) Her Uncle Paul.
(c) Pastor Murinzi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many "cockroaches" does Immaculee hear one man boasting of having killed after the women are spotted in the pastor's house?
2. How many hours journey is it from the RPF camp to Kigali?
3. Which of the Tutsi women is the only one who knows how to speak French when they arrive at the gate of the field encampment?
4. What is the date of Damascene's last letter to his family?
5. How many guards protect the borders of the French camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Immaculee manage to get from the streets of Kigali into her dorm room in Butare?
2. What prevents Damascene from staying with good friends who would have hidden him and helped him to escape the country, leading to his death, as is recounted in "A Letter from Damascene"?
3. What international efforts are described in "A Gathering of Orphans" about the Rwandan massacres?
4. Why do the Hutu think that the French coming to Rwanda would be a boon to their genocidal efforts?
5. What do Major Ntwali do for Immaculee and her friends in "On to Kigali"?
6. Into what situation are the Tutsi survivors placed by the French on the road to the RPF troops?
7. What does Immaculee hope her words can do for survivors of holocausts and for those subject to violence everywhere?
8. How do the RPF soldiers greet Immaculee when she first arrives at the roadblock?
9. How does Damascene face his death?
10. How do Immaculee and the other Tutsi women make it past the Interahamwe in "The Pain of Freedom"?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)