|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language are most of the Rwandans taught in high-school as a second language?
2. How many more women join the bathroom in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
3. To which apostle does Immaculee appeal in her prayer for a job?
4. To where does Aloise offer to take Immaculee and her companions from the French base camp?
5. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
Short Answer Questions
1. At least how much weight has Immaculee lost by the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
2. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
3. What is the name of the woman who had been hiding Malaba before she arrives at the pastor's house?
4. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
5. What is the name of Damascene's Hutu friend with whom he initially stays?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aloise offer Immaculee and her friends a place to stay in Kigali?
2. How do the children of the pastor react to learning of the women who had been hiding in the pastor's bathroom?
3. What characterizes Immaculee and Aimable's relationship with one another after the events of the genocide?
4. What is Immaculee's reaction to seeing the deformed skull of her slain brother Damascene?
5. Why does Immaculee attempt to teach herself English while hiding in the bathroom?
6. For what reason does Immaculee believe the French would not slaughter the Tutsi people as the Hutu think they would?
7. How does Damascene face his death?
8. Where is the French base camp set up, and who does Immaculee find there?
9. What does the French captain offer to Immaculee, and why does she reject it?
10. How does Immaculee finally manage to get a job working for the United Nations?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)