|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Damascene's last letter to his family?
(a) May 18, 1994.
(b) June 1, 1994.
(c) April 30, 1994.
(d) May 6, 1994.
2. How many hours journey is it from the RPF camp to Kigali?
3. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
(a) Florence and Karega.
(b) Jean Paul and Karega.
(c) Aloise and Florence.
(d) Jean Paul and Aloise.
4. What is the name of the housekeeper who gives Immaculee a detailed description of the death of her brother Damascene?
5. To what town are most of the refugees in the French base camp moved in August 1994?
(d) Colline Kirengo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
2. What does Pierre give to Immaculee just before the refugees leave the French camp?
3. For what does Immaculee ask God after visiting her home town for the first time since the genocide?
4. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
5. What does Immaculee's family friend Kayitare bring to the burial of her relatives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of the city of Kigali when Immaculee and her friends arrive there after the war?
2. Into what situation are the Tutsi survivors placed by the French on the road to the RPF troops?
3. What do Major Ntwali do for Immaculee and her friends in "On to Kigali"?
4. Why does Immaculee say that John squandered the opportunity for love between them?
5. How do Immaculee and the other Tutsi women make it past the Interahamwe in "The Pain of Freedom"?
6. How does Damascene face his death?
7. Where is the French base camp set up, and who does Immaculee find there?
8. What prevents Damascene from staying with good friends who would have hidden him and helped him to escape the country, leading to his death, as is recounted in "A Letter from Damascene"?
9. What is Immaculee's reaction to seeing the deformed skull of her slain brother Damascene?
10. How does Immaculee manage to get from the streets of Kigali into her dorm room in Butare?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)