|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the male Protestant student Immaculee meets at the University?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the categories into which students are placed the first time that Immaculee experiences ethnic segregation?
3. How many siblings does Immaculee have?
4. What does Immaculee's family do to aid their income?
(d) Transport goods.
5. Which of the women in the bathroom is the eldest?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what grade does Immaculee first experience ethnic segregation?
2. Of what year's killings does Immaculee have only one memory?
3. How many cows does Immaculee's father sell in order to pay for her schooling?
4. What stipulation does Immaculee's father place on the Protestant student dating Immaculee?
5. Where is the university to which Immaculee is awarded a scholarship in "Off to University"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what does Pastor Murinzi accuse Immaculee's father and priest, Father Clement, in "No Friends to Turn To"?
2. What is the only promising news that Immaculee and her family hear during the first days of the genocide?
3. How does Immaculee spend most of her time in the bathroom?
4. How does the Hutu government initially justify the killing of Tutsi people?
5. How do Immaculee's parents set a good communal example for her and her brothers?
6. Who makes up the populace of the Rwandese Patriotic Front, or RPF?
7. What characterizes the women's stay in the bathroom, as related in "Confronting My Anger"?
8. What is Augustine's relationship to Immaculee's family?
9. What sort of content on the radio does Immaculee hear daily while she is at the University in Butare?
10. What is the opinion of Sembeba, the pastor's son, concerning the Tutsi?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)