|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon are the Hutu encouraged to use against their Tutsi neighbors in "No Going Back"?
(b) Their bare hands.
2. Which tribe is given the most opportunity to succeed in the school system?
(a) The Tutsi.
(b) The Hutu.
(c) The Twa.
(d) They are all given equal opportunities.
3. For entrance into what school does Immaculee's parents throw her a party to celebrate?
(a) Knocti High School.
(b) Buwana University.
(c) Emeville College.
(d) Lycee High School.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the categories into which students are placed the first time that Immaculee experiences ethnic segregation?
5. To where in the bathroom does Immaculee privately retreat?
(a) The shower.
(b) The toilet.
(c) Her hatred.
(d) Her heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are members of the Tutsi tribe often denied in the public sphere?
2. Which of Immaculee's relatives gives in to despair in "No Going Back"?
3. How far is the distance between Immaculee's house and the pastor's house?
4. Where is the member of Immaculee's family who is absent when she arrives home for the holiday?
5. Whom has the member of her family that Immaculee questions privately seen in the village of Mataba?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what condition does Immaculee's father allow her to date John, and why?
2. Why is Immaculee Ilibagiza initially denied a scholarship to high school?
3. Why is Damascene downcast during Immaculee's return home at Easter?
4. Against what does Immaculee recount arguing in "Struggling to Forgive"?
5. What is the ethnic atmosphere in which Immaculee finds herself at Lycee High School?
6. What is the plan that Clementine devises in case the Tutsi were to be severely persecuted at the Lycee High School?
7. What sort of content on the radio does Immaculee hear daily while she is at the University in Butare?
8. Why is Immaculee's father arrested and how is he treated?
9. How do Immaculee's parents set a good communal example for her and her brothers?
10. How is Immaculee embarrassed on her first day at junior high school?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)