|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stipulation does Immaculee's father place on the Protestant student dating Immaculee?
(a) He may not try to convert her to Protestantism.
(b) He must convert to the Catholic faith.
(c) He must not join any political parties.
(d) He must not engage with her physically in any way until marriage.
2. What is the name of Immaculee's mother?
3. After Immaculee hears the voice of God, how does she perceive the killers?
(a) As devils.
(b) As animals.
(c) As evil sinners.
(d) As children.
4. Which member of her family does Immaculee pull aside to question privately?
5. In what city did the Prime Minister of Rwanda reside before being murdered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom has the member of her family that Immaculee questions privately seen in the village of Mataba?
2. Where is the university to which Immaculee is awarded a scholarship in "Off to University"?
3. Beyond being well-mannered and virtuous, what do Immaculee's parents expect of her?
4. To which ethnic group is Immaculee assigned during her first experience of ethnic segregation?
5. What is the name of the Tutsi girl Immaculee immediately befriends at the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only promising news that Immaculee and her family hear during the first days of the genocide?
2. Who makes up the populace of the Rwandese Patriotic Front, or RPF?
3. What dominates the feelings of the University students regarding the Interahamwe and their activities in Butare?
4. What is Augustine's relationship to Immaculee's family?
5. What struggle does Immaculee encounter when the pastor tells her that Augustine and Vianney could not stay at his house?
6. What sort of content on the radio does Immaculee hear daily while she is at the University in Butare?
7. Why is Immaculee's father arrested and how is he treated?
8. How do Immaculee's parents set a good communal example for her and her brothers?
9. What exchange do Leonard and Immaculee make, and why is it significant?
10. What is the message Immaculee receives from Psalm 91 when she first receives the Bible?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)