|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Immaculee hold in her hand while passing the mob?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A test from the University.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A rosary.
2. Near what body of water does Immaculee's family own property on which they run a business?
(a) Lake Kivu.
(b) Lake Muhazi.
(c) Lake Rwanye.
(d) Lake Iherma.
3. What prevents the killers from finding the bathroom on their second search?
(a) A hailstorm.
(b) The wardrobe.
(c) A tapestry.
(d) Pastor Murinzi.
4. How does the youth movement of which Immaculee learns at the University attract youth?
(a) Promising to provide for their families.
(b) Providing them all with cars.
(c) Offering free educations.
(d) Manipulation of anger and a lack of direction.
5. Beyond being well-mannered and virtuous, what do Immaculee's parents expect of her?
(a) To study.
(b) To clean.
(c) To cook.
(d) To sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the male Protestant student Immaculee meets at the University?
2. Which of the following is NOT among the things Pastor Murinzi is told were hidden in Immaculee's father's house?
3. What is placed in front of the door to the bathroom before the killers make their second search of the home?
4. What is the acronym of the radio station popular among students at the University?
5. Which Psalm does Immaculee read immediately after Sony is turned away from the Pastor's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what condition does Immaculee's father allow her to date John, and why?
2. What dominates the feelings of the University students regarding the Interahamwe and their activities in Butare?
3. Of what does Pastor Murinzi accuse Immaculee's father and priest, Father Clement, in "No Friends to Turn To"?
4. What sort of greetings do Immaculee and Augustine receive when they arrive at Pastor Murinzi's?
5. Against what does Immaculee recount arguing in "Struggling to Forgive"?
6. How do the six women manage to fit into the tiny bathroom?
7. What characterizes Immaculee's life at the University?
8. Why is Damascene downcast during Immaculee's return home at Easter?
9. What is the only promising news that Immaculee and her family hear during the first days of the genocide?
10. What does the pastor tell the women he would do for them in "Farewell to the Boys"?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)