|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the extremist Hutu uncle of Damascene's Hutu friend who hid him for weeks?
2. About which of her family members does Immaculee ask Pastor Murinzi at the end of "A Gathering of Orphans"?
3. What Rwandan saves Immaculee and her friends at the roadblock?
(a) Jean Paul.
(c) The major.
4. What is the name of the woman who had been hiding Malaba before she arrives at the pastor's house?
5. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
(a) A pair of gold earrings.
(b) A set of fine china.
(c) A diamond-studded belt.
(d) A pair of leather shoes.
6. In what building do Immaculee and the other Tutsi refugees stay in the RPF camp?
(a) A large house.
(b) An old school.
(c) A concrete bunker.
(d) A Baptist church.
7. To which Biblical figure does Aloise compare the Tutsi refugees surrounded by the Interahamwe killers upon her arrival at the roadblock?
8. What does the captain of the French troops offer to Immaculee shortly after discovering she can speak French fluently?
(a) To search for every Tutsi in the region.
(b) To march on Kigali with all the Tutsi.
(c) To aid the RPF in overthrowing the government.
(d) To kill any Hutu she wants dead.
9. Approximately how many Interahamwe do Pastor Murinzi's family and the Tutsi women pass on the road while moving towards the French field encampment?
10. How many "cockroaches" does Immaculee hear one man boasting of having killed after the women are spotted in the pastor's house?
11. Which foreign troops are the first to arrive in Rwanda?
12. To where does Aloise offer to take Immaculee and her companions from the French base camp?
13. What is the name of Damascene's Hutu friend with whom he initially stays?
14. Which of the Tutsi women is the only one who knows how to speak French when they arrive at the gate of the field encampment?
15. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Immaculee say littered the streets in Kigali?
2. What is the first sentence that Immaculee learns to say in English?
3. What is the name of the Tutsi survivor Immaculee speaks with in the French field encampment?
4. To what town are most of the refugees in the French base camp moved in August 1994?
5. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)