|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the mixed good and evil Hutu with whom the two male Tutsi survivors in the French field encampment hide during the genocide?
(a) Jean Paul.
(b) Jean Baptiste.
2. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Abashi.
(b) The Twa.
(c) The Burundi.
(d) The Hutu.
3. Who spots the Tutsi women hidden by Pastor Murinzi during their respite from the bathroom?
(a) A Hutu Killer.
(b) John's new girlfriend.
(d) A houseboy.
4. Why does the French captain deposit the Tutsi refugees on the road barely halfway to the RPF camp when he hears reports of gunfire in the area?
(a) His truck breaks down.
(b) He is given orders to avoid fighting at all costs.
(c) He is afraid of conflict with the Hutu.
(d) He is afraid of conflict with the RPF.
5. What does Pierre, the French soldier, tell Immaculee?
(a) That his friend Paul has a crush on her.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he thinks of the Hutu as animals.
(d) That the French will soon leave.
6. Which of the following is a name belonging to one of Immaculee's aunts that she encounters in the French base camp?
7. Where does Immaculee volunteer in Kigali while she is working there at the UN?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) An elementary school.
(d) A hospital.
8. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
9. What does the captain of the French troops offer to Immaculee shortly after discovering she can speak French fluently?
(a) To kill any Hutu she wants dead.
(b) To march on Kigali with all the Tutsi.
(c) To aid the RPF in overthrowing the government.
(d) To search for every Tutsi in the region.
10. What does Immaculee track within Rwanda in her first job at the UN?
(b) Hutu refugees.
(c) UN Peacekeeping troops.
(d) Tutsi refugees.
11. What does Immaculee see on the door of the bathroom after having her vision of Christ?
(a) A cross.
(b) A brilliant star.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The face of the devil.
12. How many Tutsi were murdered in the genocide?
13. How many guards protect the borders of the French camp?
14. At what time do the French soldiers tell Pastor Murinzi to bring the Tutsi women to them?
(a) 2-3 am.
(b) 10-11 pm.
(c) 4-6 am.
(d) 8-9 am.
15. For how long have the women been in the bathroom at the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Thirty-eight days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Seven weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what city does the UN Peacekeeping troops first fly?
2. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
3. About which of her family members does Immaculee ask Pastor Murinzi at the end of "A Gathering of Orphans"?
4. What is the name of Immaculee's husband?
5. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)