|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Immaculee say littered the streets in Kigali?
(b) Bullet casings.
2. To which Biblical figure does Aloise compare the Tutsi refugees surrounded by the Interahamwe killers upon her arrival at the roadblock?
3. About which of her family members does Immaculee ask Pastor Murinzi at the end of "A Gathering of Orphans"?
4. What Rwandan saves Immaculee and her friends at the roadblock?
(a) Jean Paul.
(c) The major.
5. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
(a) Jean Paul and Aloise.
(b) Jean Paul and Karega.
(c) Florence and Karega.
(d) Aloise and Florence.
6. For how long have the women been in the bathroom at the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
(a) Thirty-eight days.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Three months.
7. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
8. For what does Immaculee ask God after visiting her home town for the first time since the genocide?
(a) The destruction of her enemies.
(b) Love towards her enemies.
(c) To be given a new life.
(d) The restoration of Mataba.
9. To where is Damascene headed when he is killed?
10. To where does Aloise offer to take Immaculee and her companions from the French base camp?
11. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Twa.
(b) The Hutu.
(c) The Abashi.
(d) The Burundi.
12. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
13. Which of the pastor's relatives does Immaculee hear speaking about murders of Tutsi outside the bathroom window at the beginning of "Unlikely Saviors"?
14. What are the first three words Immaculee says to Felicien?
(a) "I forgive you."
(b) "I hate you."
(c) "I am sorry."
(d) "Do not fear."
15. Whom does Immaculee see for the first time since before the genocide, as related near the end of "The Gift of Tongues"?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Immaculee reunited in late 1995?
2. What language are most of the Rwandans taught in high-school as a second language?
3. What is the first sentence that Immaculee learns to say in English?
4. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
5. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)