|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the pastor's children do not receive the Tutsi women with sympathy?
2. What is the first sentence that Immaculee learns to say in English?
(a) "I want a job."
(b) "I am Tutsi."
(c) "I am looking for my family."
(d) "I am Immaculee."
3. What is the name of the housekeeper who gives Immaculee a detailed description of the death of her brother Damascene?
4. For what does Immaculee ask God after visiting her home town for the first time since the genocide?
(a) The destruction of her enemies.
(b) The restoration of Mataba.
(c) To be given a new life.
(d) Love towards her enemies.
5. How many "cockroaches" does Immaculee hear one man boasting of having killed after the women are spotted in the pastor's house?
6. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
(a) A letter from her brother Aimable.
(b) Her university progress report.
(c) Her high school diploma.
(d) Thirty dollars.
7. Approximately how many Interahamwe do Pastor Murinzi's family and the Tutsi women pass on the road while moving towards the French field encampment?
8. What is the name of the mixed good and evil Hutu with whom the two male Tutsi survivors in the French field encampment hide during the genocide?
(c) Jean Baptiste.
(d) Jean Paul.
9. Who is the extremist Hutu uncle of Damascene's Hutu friend who hid him for weeks?
10. What does Pierre give to Immaculee just before the refugees leave the French camp?
(a) His address in France.
(b) A picture of the two of them.
(c) Pen and paper for her memoir.
(d) A book.
11. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
12. What is the date of Damascene's last letter to his family?
(a) May 18, 1994.
(b) May 6, 1994.
(c) April 30, 1994.
(d) June 1, 1994.
13. Into what city does the UN Peacekeeping troops first fly?
14. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
15. Which of the pastor's children gives Immaculee a hug?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Immaculee put in her mouth to keep from making a noise in "Keeping the Faith"?
2. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
3. What is the name of the Tutsi survivor Immaculee speaks with in the French field encampment?
4. Which of the Tutsi women is the only one who knows how to speak French when they arrive at the gate of the field encampment?
5. By whom or what is Immaculee console about the fate of her family, as related in "Forgiving the Living"?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)