|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the pastor's relatives does Immaculee hear speaking about murders of Tutsi outside the bathroom window at the beginning of "Unlikely Saviors"?
2. By whom or what is Immaculee console about the fate of her family, as related in "Forgiving the Living"?
(a) A garden full of flowers.
(c) Her Aunt Jeanne.
(d) A dream.
3. What does the captain of the French troops offer to Immaculee shortly after discovering she can speak French fluently?
(a) To aid the RPF in overthrowing the government.
(b) To search for every Tutsi in the region.
(c) To kill any Hutu she wants dead.
(d) To march on Kigali with all the Tutsi.
4. How many "cockroaches" does Immaculee hear one man boasting of having killed after the women are spotted in the pastor's house?
5. How many Tutsi refugees are in the French camp when Operation Turquoise comes to a close?
6. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
7. Where does Immaculee volunteer in Kigali while she is working there at the UN?
(a) An elementary school.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An orphanage.
8. Why does the French captain deposit the Tutsi refugees on the road barely halfway to the RPF camp when he hears reports of gunfire in the area?
(a) He is given orders to avoid fighting at all costs.
(b) He is afraid of conflict with the RPF.
(c) His truck breaks down.
(d) He is afraid of conflict with the Hutu.
9. To which apostle does Immaculee appeal in her prayer for a job?
10. What does Immaculee put in her mouth to keep from making a noise in "Keeping the Faith"?
(a) The French-English dictionary.
(b) The Bible.
(c) One of the English books.
(d) Her hand.
11. Which foreign troops are the first to arrive in Rwanda?
12. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
13. About which of her family members does Immaculee ask Pastor Murinzi at the end of "A Gathering of Orphans"?
14. What is the first sentence that Immaculee learns to say in English?
(a) "I want a job."
(b) "I am Tutsi."
(c) "I am Immaculee."
(d) "I am looking for my family."
15. What does Immaculee track within Rwanda in her first job at the UN?
(a) Hutu refugees.
(c) UN Peacekeeping troops.
(d) Tutsi refugees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Tutsi survivor Immaculee speaks with in the French field encampment?
2. Who spots the Tutsi women hidden by Pastor Murinzi during their respite from the bathroom?
3. What language are most of the Rwandans taught in high-school as a second language?
4. In what do Sarah and Immaculee travel to Mataba with Colonel Gueye?
5. What is the name of the friend who lives near the lake with whom Damascene spends his last night?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)