|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the friend who lives near the lake with whom Damascene spends his last night?
2. What is the name of the woman who had been hiding Malaba before she arrives at the pastor's house?
3. What does Immaculee put in her mouth to keep from making a noise in "Keeping the Faith"?
(a) Her hand.
(b) One of the English books.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The French-English dictionary.
4. What is the profession of Dr. Abel, whom Immaculee encounters on the streets of Kigali?
(a) Doctor of philosophy.
(b) Doctor of medicine.
(c) Doctor of mass communication.
(d) Doctor of chemical engineering.
5. In what do Sarah and Immaculee travel to Mataba with Colonel Gueye?
(a) An armored convoy.
(b) A small plane.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A sports car.
6. To what town are most of the refugees in the French base camp moved in August 1994?
(b) Colline Kirengo.
7. How many Interahamwe confront the 30 Tutsi refugees after they are deposited by the French truck?
8. What is the first sentence that Immaculee learns to say in English?
(a) "I am Immaculee."
(b) "I am looking for my family."
(c) "I want a job."
(d) "I am Tutsi."
9. Where does Immaculee volunteer in Kigali while she is working there at the UN?
(a) An elementary school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A homeless shelter.
10. Which of the Tutsi women is the only one who knows how to speak French when they arrive at the gate of the field encampment?
11. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Burundi.
(b) The Twa.
(c) The Hutu.
(d) The Abashi.
12. How many guards protect the borders of the French camp?
13. What does Pierre give to Immaculee just before the refugees leave the French camp?
(a) Pen and paper for her memoir.
(b) A picture of the two of them.
(c) A book.
(d) His address in France.
14. Approximately how many Interahamwe do Pastor Murinzi's family and the Tutsi women pass on the road while moving towards the French field encampment?
15. Who is the extremist Hutu uncle of Damascene's Hutu friend who hid him for weeks?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
2. For how long have the women been in the bathroom at the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
3. What language are most of the Rwandans taught in high-school as a second language?
4. What is the name of the mixed good and evil Hutu with whom the two male Tutsi survivors in the French field encampment hide during the genocide?
5. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)