|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
(a) Aloise and Florence.
(b) Jean Paul and Karega.
(c) Florence and Karega.
(d) Jean Paul and Aloise.
2. To where does Aloise offer to take Immaculee and her companions from the French base camp?
3. What does Immaculee see on the door of the bathroom after having her vision of Christ?
(a) A cross.
(b) A brilliant star.
(c) The face of the devil.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
4. In what building do Immaculee and the other Tutsi refugees stay in the RPF camp?
(a) A large house.
(b) A concrete bunker.
(c) An old school.
(d) A Baptist church.
5. For how long have the women been in Pastor Murinzi's bathroom when they decide to go to the UN Peacekeeping troops?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Nine weeks.
6. For how long have the women been in the bathroom at the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
(a) Thirty-eight days.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Seven weeks.
7. What is the name of the Tutsi survivor Immaculee speaks with in the French field encampment?
(c) Jean Paul.
8. What is the name of the mixed good and evil Hutu with whom the two male Tutsi survivors in the French field encampment hide during the genocide?
(a) Jean Paul.
(d) Jean Baptiste.
9. What does Immaculee put in her mouth to keep from making a noise in "Keeping the Faith"?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Her hand.
(c) The French-English dictionary.
(d) One of the English books.
10. How many Tutsi were murdered in the genocide?
11. To which apostle does Immaculee appeal in her prayer for a job?
12. What happens to Immaculee when she sees brother's mutilated body?
(a) She stares blankly at it.
(b) She faints.
(c) She begins sobbing.
(d) She vomits.
13. Where does Immaculee volunteer in Kigali while she is working there at the UN?
(a) A hospital.
(b) An elementary school.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) An orphanage.
14. What is the name of Immaculee's husband?
15. How many hours journey is it from the RPF camp to Kigali?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the pastor's children do not receive the Tutsi women with sympathy?
2. While in Kigali, where does Immaculee go to pray and meditate?
3. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
4. For what does Immaculee ask God after visiting her home town for the first time since the genocide?
5. With whom is Immaculee reunited in late 1995?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)