|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the French captain deposit the Tutsi refugees on the road barely halfway to the RPF camp when he hears reports of gunfire in the area?
(a) He is given orders to avoid fighting at all costs.
(b) He is afraid of conflict with the Hutu.
(c) He is afraid of conflict with the RPF.
(d) His truck breaks down.
2. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
(a) A spear.
(b) A ricocheted bullet.
(c) A machete.
(d) Shrapnel from a grenade.
3. For how long have the women been in Pastor Murinzi's bathroom when they decide to go to the UN Peacekeeping troops?
(a) Nine weeks.
(b) Five months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
4. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Burundi.
(b) The Hutu.
(c) The Abashi.
(d) The Twa.
5. What does the captain of the French troops offer to Immaculee shortly after discovering she can speak French fluently?
(a) To kill any Hutu she wants dead.
(b) To aid the RPF in overthrowing the government.
(c) To search for every Tutsi in the region.
(d) To march on Kigali with all the Tutsi.
6. What is the name of Immaculee's husband?
7. Which of the pastor's relatives does Immaculee hear speaking about murders of Tutsi outside the bathroom window at the beginning of "Unlikely Saviors"?
8. What is the profession of Dr. Abel, whom Immaculee encounters on the streets of Kigali?
(a) Doctor of chemical engineering.
(b) Doctor of mass communication.
(c) Doctor of philosophy.
(d) Doctor of medicine.
9. Where does Immaculee volunteer in Kigali while she is working there at the UN?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A hospital.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) An elementary school.
10. In what building do Immaculee and the other Tutsi refugees stay in the RPF camp?
(a) A Baptist church.
(b) An old school.
(c) A concrete bunker.
(d) A large house.
11. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
(a) A pair of leather shoes.
(b) A set of fine china.
(c) A pair of gold earrings.
(d) A diamond-studded belt.
12. What is the date of Damascene's last letter to his family?
(a) May 18, 1994.
(b) June 1, 1994.
(c) April 30, 1994.
(d) May 6, 1994.
13. How many Tutsi were murdered in the genocide?
14. What does Immaculee say littered the streets in Kigali?
(a) Bullet casings.
15. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is Damascene headed when he is killed?
2. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
3. Whom does Immaculee see for the first time since before the genocide, as related near the end of "The Gift of Tongues"?
4. What does Immaculee see on the door of the bathroom after having her vision of Christ?
5. From what country is the general of the UN Peacekeepers who remained behind after the Belgian soldiers pulled out?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)