|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Immaculee see on the door of the bathroom after having her vision of Christ?
(a) The face of the devil.
(b) A cross.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) A brilliant star.
2. In what do Sarah and Immaculee travel to Mataba with Colonel Gueye?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A sports car.
(c) An armored convoy.
(d) A small plane.
3. At what time do the French soldiers tell Pastor Murinzi to bring the Tutsi women to them?
(a) 10-11 pm.
(b) 8-9 am.
(c) 4-6 am.
(d) 2-3 am.
4. What is the name of the woman who had been hiding Malaba before she arrives at the pastor's house?
5. Where does Immaculee volunteer in Kigali while she is working there at the UN?
(a) A hospital.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) An elementary school.
(d) A homeless shelter.
6. How many Interahamwe confront the 30 Tutsi refugees after they are deposited by the French truck?
7. Who in Rwanda demands English-speaking UN Peacekeepers?
(a) The RPF.
(b) The Twa.
(c) The new president.
(d) The Hutu.
8. Which of the pastor's children do not receive the Tutsi women with sympathy?
9. Into what city does the UN Peacekeeping troops first fly?
10. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
(a) Her high school diploma.
(b) Thirty dollars.
(c) Her university progress report.
(d) A letter from her brother Aimable.
11. What does Pierre give to Immaculee just before the refugees leave the French camp?
(a) His address in France.
(b) A picture of the two of them.
(c) A book.
(d) Pen and paper for her memoir.
12. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
13. To which Biblical figure does Aloise compare the Tutsi refugees surrounded by the Interahamwe killers upon her arrival at the roadblock?
14. What happens to Immaculee when she sees brother's mutilated body?
(a) She begins sobbing.
(b) She vomits.
(c) She stares blankly at it.
(d) She faints.
15. To what town are most of the refugees in the French base camp moved in August 1994?
(d) Colline Kirengo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain of the French troops offer to Immaculee shortly after discovering she can speak French fluently?
2. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
3. How many Tutsi were murdered in the genocide?
4. What does Immaculee say littered the streets in Kigali?
5. Who spots the Tutsi women hidden by Pastor Murinzi during their respite from the bathroom?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)