|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Tutsi women is the only one who knows how to speak French when they arrive at the gate of the field encampment?
2. At what time do the French soldiers tell Pastor Murinzi to bring the Tutsi women to them?
(a) 4-6 am.
(b) 10-11 pm.
(c) 2-3 am.
(d) 8-9 am.
3. Which foreign troops are the first to arrive in Rwanda?
4. While in Kigali, where does Immaculee go to pray and meditate?
(a) A Jesuit center.
(b) The rooftop of Sarah's house.
(c) A Baptist church.
(d) A chapel in the UN building.
5. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
6. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
7. Which of the pastor's relatives does Immaculee hear speaking about murders of Tutsi outside the bathroom window at the beginning of "Unlikely Saviors"?
8. Which of the following is a name belonging to one of Immaculee's aunts that she encounters in the French base camp?
9. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Half a mile.
(c) A mile and a half.
(d) Four miles.
10. How many hours journey is it from the RPF camp to Kigali?
11. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
(a) A ricocheted bullet.
(b) Shrapnel from a grenade.
(c) A machete.
(d) A spear.
12. To which apostle does Immaculee appeal in her prayer for a job?
13. From what country is the general of the UN Peacekeepers who remained behind after the Belgian soldiers pulled out?
(b) The United States.
14. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Burundi.
(b) The Twa.
(c) The Hutu.
(d) The Abashi.
15. What is the name of the housekeeper who gives Immaculee a detailed description of the death of her brother Damascene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
2. What does the pastor show the Tutsi women to give them a respite from their long confinement in the bathroom?
3. What language are most of the Rwandans taught in high-school as a second language?
4. How many more women join the bathroom in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
5. For how long have the women been in the bathroom at the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)