|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spots the Tutsi women hidden by Pastor Murinzi during their respite from the bathroom?
(b) John's new girlfriend.
(c) A Hutu Killer.
(d) A houseboy.
2. What is the name of the Protestant pastor who shames the young men who caught Damascene?
3. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
4. What does Immaculee track within Rwanda in her first job at the UN?
(a) Tutsi refugees.
(b) UN Peacekeeping troops.
(c) Hutu refugees.
5. What does the captain of the French troops offer to Immaculee shortly after discovering she can speak French fluently?
(a) To aid the RPF in overthrowing the government.
(b) To march on Kigali with all the Tutsi.
(c) To search for every Tutsi in the region.
(d) To kill any Hutu she wants dead.
6. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
7. What does Immaculee put in her mouth to keep from making a noise in "Keeping the Faith"?
(a) Her hand.
(b) One of the English books.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The French-English dictionary.
8. Which of the Tutsi women is the only one who knows how to speak French when they arrive at the gate of the field encampment?
9. How many Interahamwe confront the 30 Tutsi refugees after they are deposited by the French truck?
10. For how long have the women been in Pastor Murinzi's bathroom when they decide to go to the UN Peacekeeping troops?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Nine weeks.
(d) Five months.
11. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Hutu.
(b) The Abashi.
(c) The Burundi.
(d) The Twa.
12. For how many hours a day does Immaculee meditate, as stated in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
13. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
(a) A set of fine china.
(b) A pair of leather shoes.
(c) A diamond-studded belt.
(d) A pair of gold earrings.
14. To where does Aloise offer to take Immaculee and her companions from the French base camp?
15. From what country is the general of the UN Peacekeepers who remained behind after the Belgian soldiers pulled out?
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
2. In what building do Immaculee and the other Tutsi refugees stay in the RPF camp?
3. What does Pierre give to Immaculee just before the refugees leave the French camp?
4. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
5. What is the name of the friend who lives near the lake with whom Damascene spends his last night?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)