|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the first three words Immaculee says to Felicien?
(a) "I forgive you."
(b) "Do not fear."
(c) "I am sorry."
(d) "I hate you."
2. Which of the following is a name belonging to one of Immaculee's aunts that she encounters in the French base camp?
3. What does Immaculee track within Rwanda in her first job at the UN?
(b) UN Peacekeeping troops.
(c) Tutsi refugees.
(d) Hutu refugees.
4. For how many hours a day does Immaculee meditate, as stated in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
5. To what town are most of the refugees in the French base camp moved in August 1994?
(c) Colline Kirengo.
6. What is the name of the Tutsi survivor Immaculee speaks with in the French field encampment?
(d) Jean Paul.
7. What does Immaculee say littered the streets in Kigali?
(a) Bullet casings.
8. What does Pierre, the French soldier, tell Immaculee?
(a) That he thinks of the Hutu as animals.
(b) That his friend Paul has a crush on her.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That the French will soon leave.
9. What is the name of the friend who lives near the lake with whom Damascene spends his last night?
10. In what building do Immaculee and the other Tutsi refugees stay in the RPF camp?
(a) A concrete bunker.
(b) An old school.
(c) A large house.
(d) A Baptist church.
11. What is the date of Damascene's last letter to his family?
(a) April 30, 1994.
(b) May 18, 1994.
(c) June 1, 1994.
(d) May 6, 1994.
12. How many "cockroaches" does Immaculee hear one man boasting of having killed after the women are spotted in the pastor's house?
13. How many guards protect the borders of the French camp?
14. What does Pierre give to Immaculee just before the refugees leave the French camp?
(a) A book.
(b) His address in France.
(c) A picture of the two of them.
(d) Pen and paper for her memoir.
15. How many Tutsi refugees are in the French camp when Operation Turquoise comes to a close?
Short Answer Questions
1. At least how much weight has Immaculee lost by the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
2. How many Tutsi were murdered in the genocide?
3. By whom or what is Immaculee console about the fate of her family, as related in "Forgiving the Living"?
4. What does Immaculee put in her mouth to keep from making a noise in "Keeping the Faith"?
5. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)