|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the mixed good and evil Hutu with whom the two male Tutsi survivors in the French field encampment hide during the genocide?
(c) Jean Baptiste.
(d) Jean Paul.
2. What happens to Immaculee when she sees brother's mutilated body?
(a) She begins sobbing.
(b) She stares blankly at it.
(c) She faints.
(d) She vomits.
3. How many "cockroaches" does Immaculee hear one man boasting of having killed after the women are spotted in the pastor's house?
4. Whom does Immaculee see for the first time since before the genocide, as related near the end of "The Gift of Tongues"?
5. To where does Aloise offer to take Immaculee and her companions from the French base camp?
6. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
(a) A mile and a half.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) Four miles.
7. How many Tutsi refugees are in the French camp when Operation Turquoise comes to a close?
8. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
9. Who is the extremist Hutu uncle of Damascene's Hutu friend who hid him for weeks?
10. What does the pastor show the Tutsi women to give them a respite from their long confinement in the bathroom?
(a) A movie.
(b) A news report of the Peacekeepers.
(c) A stockpile of food and medicine.
(d) Pictures of the Peacekeepers arriving in Kibuye.
11. Which of the pastor's children do not receive the Tutsi women with sympathy?
12. What is the name of the friend who lives near the lake with whom Damascene spends his last night?
13. Why does the French captain deposit the Tutsi refugees on the road barely halfway to the RPF camp when he hears reports of gunfire in the area?
(a) He is afraid of conflict with the RPF.
(b) He is given orders to avoid fighting at all costs.
(c) His truck breaks down.
(d) He is afraid of conflict with the Hutu.
14. To where is Damascene headed when he is killed?
15. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
(a) Her high school diploma.
(b) Thirty dollars.
(c) Her university progress report.
(d) A letter from her brother Aimable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the housekeeper who gives Immaculee a detailed description of the death of her brother Damascene?
2. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
3. In what building do Immaculee and the other Tutsi refugees stay in the RPF camp?
4. What is the first sentence that Immaculee learns to say in English?
5. What does Immaculee's family friend Kayitare bring to the burial of her relatives?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)