|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
2. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
(a) A spear.
(b) A ricocheted bullet.
(c) A machete.
(d) Shrapnel from a grenade.
3. What is the first sentence that Immaculee learns to say in English?
(a) "I am looking for my family."
(b) "I want a job."
(c) "I am Immaculee."
(d) "I am Tutsi."
4. To which Biblical figure does Aloise compare the Tutsi refugees surrounded by the Interahamwe killers upon her arrival at the roadblock?
5. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
(a) Her high school diploma.
(b) Thirty dollars.
(c) A letter from her brother Aimable.
(d) Her university progress report.
6. To where does Aloise offer to take Immaculee and her companions from the French base camp?
7. By whom or what is Immaculee console about the fate of her family, as related in "Forgiving the Living"?
(a) A garden full of flowers.
(b) Her Aunt Jeanne.
(c) A dream.
8. At least how much weight has Immaculee lost by the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
(a) 40 lbs.
(b) 50 lbs.
(c) 35 lbs.
(d) 20 lbs.
9. Which of the following is a name belonging to one of Immaculee's aunts that she encounters in the French base camp?
10. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
(a) A mile and a half.
(b) Four miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Half a mile.
11. What Rwandan saves Immaculee and her friends at the roadblock?
(c) The major.
(d) Jean Paul.
12. What is the name of the mixed good and evil Hutu with whom the two male Tutsi survivors in the French field encampment hide during the genocide?
(c) Jean Paul.
(d) Jean Baptiste.
13. What is the name of the Protestant pastor who shames the young men who caught Damascene?
14. What is the profession of Dr. Abel, whom Immaculee encounters on the streets of Kigali?
(a) Doctor of mass communication.
(b) Doctor of philosophy.
(c) Doctor of chemical engineering.
(d) Doctor of medicine.
15. How many Interahamwe confront the 30 Tutsi refugees after they are deposited by the French truck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Damascene's Hutu friend with whom he initially stays?
2. In what do Sarah and Immaculee travel to Mataba with Colonel Gueye?
3. Why does the French captain deposit the Tutsi refugees on the road barely halfway to the RPF camp when he hears reports of gunfire in the area?
4. From what country is the general of the UN Peacekeepers who remained behind after the Belgian soldiers pulled out?
5. For how long have the women been in Pastor Murinzi's bathroom when they decide to go to the UN Peacekeeping troops?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)