|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Immaculee track within Rwanda in her first job at the UN?
(a) UN Peacekeeping troops.
(c) Tutsi refugees.
(d) Hutu refugees.
2. What does the pastor show the Tutsi women to give them a respite from their long confinement in the bathroom?
(a) Pictures of the Peacekeepers arriving in Kibuye.
(b) A movie.
(c) A news report of the Peacekeepers.
(d) A stockpile of food and medicine.
3. For how long have the women been in Pastor Murinzi's bathroom when they decide to go to the UN Peacekeeping troops?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Nine weeks.
4. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
(a) A spear.
(b) A machete.
(c) Shrapnel from a grenade.
(d) A ricocheted bullet.
5. What does Immaculee say littered the streets in Kigali?
(b) Bullet casings.
6. What does Immaculee's family friend Kayitare bring to the burial of her relatives?
7. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
(a) A letter from her brother Aimable.
(b) Her university progress report.
(c) Thirty dollars.
(d) Her high school diploma.
8. Approximately how many Interahamwe do Pastor Murinzi's family and the Tutsi women pass on the road while moving towards the French field encampment?
9. What does Immaculee see on the door of the bathroom after having her vision of Christ?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) The face of the devil.
(c) A brilliant star.
(d) A cross.
10. What is the date of Damascene's last letter to his family?
(a) April 30, 1994.
(b) June 1, 1994.
(c) May 6, 1994.
(d) May 18, 1994.
11. Which of the pastor's children gives Immaculee a hug?
12. How many guards protect the borders of the French camp?
13. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
(a) A diamond-studded belt.
(b) A set of fine china.
(c) A pair of gold earrings.
(d) A pair of leather shoes.
14. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
(a) Aloise and Florence.
(b) Florence and Karega.
(c) Jean Paul and Karega.
(d) Jean Paul and Aloise.
15. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Abashi.
(b) The Burundi.
(c) The Hutu.
(d) The Twa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Tutsi were murdered in the genocide?
2. Who in Rwanda demands English-speaking UN Peacekeepers?
3. How many hours journey is it from the RPF camp to Kigali?
4. To what town are most of the refugees in the French base camp moved in August 1994?
5. What does the captain of the French troops offer to Immaculee shortly after discovering she can speak French fluently?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)