|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At least how much weight has Immaculee lost by the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
(a) 40 lbs.
(b) 50 lbs.
(c) 35 lbs.
(d) 20 lbs.
2. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
3. Which of the pastor's children do not receive the Tutsi women with sympathy?
4. Why does the French captain deposit the Tutsi refugees on the road barely halfway to the RPF camp when he hears reports of gunfire in the area?
(a) His truck breaks down.
(b) He is given orders to avoid fighting at all costs.
(c) He is afraid of conflict with the Hutu.
(d) He is afraid of conflict with the RPF.
5. What does Pierre give to Immaculee just before the refugees leave the French camp?
(a) A picture of the two of them.
(b) Pen and paper for her memoir.
(c) A book.
(d) His address in France.
6. What is the name of the friend who lives near the lake with whom Damascene spends his last night?
7. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
8. How many Tutsi were murdered in the genocide?
9. What does Immaculee's family friend Kayitare bring to the burial of her relatives?
10. How many "cockroaches" does Immaculee hear one man boasting of having killed after the women are spotted in the pastor's house?
11. What is the name of Immaculee's husband?
12. Which of the pastor's children gives Immaculee a hug?
13. For how long have the women been in Pastor Murinzi's bathroom when they decide to go to the UN Peacekeeping troops?
(a) Five months.
(b) Nine weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
14. To what town are most of the refugees in the French base camp moved in August 1994?
(b) Colline Kirengo.
15. What is the name of the Tutsi survivor Immaculee speaks with in the French field encampment?
(b) Jean Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
2. How many hours journey is it from the RPF camp to Kigali?
3. What does Immaculee put in her mouth to keep from making a noise in "Keeping the Faith"?
4. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
5. What is the name of the mixed good and evil Hutu with whom the two male Tutsi survivors in the French field encampment hide during the genocide?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)