|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Dr. Abel, whom Immaculee encounters on the streets of Kigali?
(a) Doctor of chemical engineering.
(b) Doctor of philosophy.
(c) Doctor of mass communication.
(d) Doctor of medicine.
2. What does Immaculee see on the door of the bathroom after having her vision of Christ?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) A cross.
(c) The face of the devil.
(d) A brilliant star.
3. What is the name of the Tutsi survivor Immaculee speaks with in the French field encampment?
(c) Jean Paul.
4. What does the captain of the French troops offer to Immaculee shortly after discovering she can speak French fluently?
(a) To kill any Hutu she wants dead.
(b) To search for every Tutsi in the region.
(c) To aid the RPF in overthrowing the government.
(d) To march on Kigali with all the Tutsi.
5. About which of her family members does Immaculee ask Pastor Murinzi at the end of "A Gathering of Orphans"?
6. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
(a) Thirty dollars.
(b) Her high school diploma.
(c) A letter from her brother Aimable.
(d) Her university progress report.
7. How many guards protect the borders of the French camp?
8. Which foreign troops are the first to arrive in Rwanda?
9. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
(a) Florence and Karega.
(b) Jean Paul and Aloise.
(c) Aloise and Florence.
(d) Jean Paul and Karega.
10. Into what city does the UN Peacekeeping troops first fly?
11. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Hutu.
(b) The Burundi.
(c) The Twa.
(d) The Abashi.
12. To which apostle does Immaculee appeal in her prayer for a job?
13. Which of the pastor's children do not receive the Tutsi women with sympathy?
14. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
15. How many "cockroaches" does Immaculee hear one man boasting of having killed after the women are spotted in the pastor's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
2. What are the first three words Immaculee says to Felicien?
3. Which of the pastor's children gives Immaculee a hug?
4. At least how much weight has Immaculee lost by the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
5. What happens to Immaculee when she sees brother's mutilated body?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)