|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
(a) Four miles.
(b) A mile and a half.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) Three miles.
2. How many Interahamwe confront the 30 Tutsi refugees after they are deposited by the French truck?
3. Who is the extremist Hutu uncle of Damascene's Hutu friend who hid him for weeks?
4. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Hutu.
(b) The Burundi.
(c) The Abashi.
(d) The Twa.
5. What is the name of the housekeeper who gives Immaculee a detailed description of the death of her brother Damascene?
6. About which of her family members does Immaculee ask Pastor Murinzi at the end of "A Gathering of Orphans"?
7. What does Immaculee see on the door of the bathroom after having her vision of Christ?
(a) A brilliant star.
(b) The face of the devil.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) A cross.
8. Where does Immaculee volunteer in Kigali while she is working there at the UN?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) An elementary school.
(d) A hospital.
9. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
(a) A machete.
(b) Shrapnel from a grenade.
(c) A ricocheted bullet.
(d) A spear.
10. What is the name of Damascene's Hutu friend with whom he initially stays?
11. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
12. How many hours journey is it from the RPF camp to Kigali?
13. How many more women join the bathroom in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
14. Which of the pastor's children do not receive the Tutsi women with sympathy?
15. Why does the French captain deposit the Tutsi refugees on the road barely halfway to the RPF camp when he hears reports of gunfire in the area?
(a) His truck breaks down.
(b) He is afraid of conflict with the Hutu.
(c) He is given orders to avoid fighting at all costs.
(d) He is afraid of conflict with the RPF.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pastor show the Tutsi women to give them a respite from their long confinement in the bathroom?
2. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
3. How many Tutsi were murdered in the genocide?
4. Approximately how many Interahamwe do Pastor Murinzi's family and the Tutsi women pass on the road while moving towards the French field encampment?
5. With whom is Immaculee reunited in late 1995?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)