|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Tutsi survivor Immaculee speaks with in the French field encampment?
(a) Jean Paul.
2. Which of the Tutsi women is the only one who knows how to speak French when they arrive at the gate of the field encampment?
3. What is the name of the friend who lives near the lake with whom Damascene spends his last night?
4. What is the name of Immaculee's husband?
5. By whom or what is Immaculee console about the fate of her family, as related in "Forgiving the Living"?
(a) A garden full of flowers.
(b) A dream.
(c) Her Aunt Jeanne.
6. To where is Damascene headed when he is killed?
7. What is the profession of Dr. Abel, whom Immaculee encounters on the streets of Kigali?
(a) Doctor of mass communication.
(b) Doctor of philosophy.
(c) Doctor of chemical engineering.
(d) Doctor of medicine.
8. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
9. At what time do the French soldiers tell Pastor Murinzi to bring the Tutsi women to them?
(a) 2-3 am.
(b) 8-9 am.
(c) 4-6 am.
(d) 10-11 pm.
10. Which foreign troops are the first to arrive in Rwanda?
11. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
(a) Florence and Karega.
(b) Jean Paul and Aloise.
(c) Jean Paul and Karega.
(d) Aloise and Florence.
12. What is the name of the mixed good and evil Hutu with whom the two male Tutsi survivors in the French field encampment hide during the genocide?
(a) Jean Paul.
(c) Jean Baptiste.
13. For how many hours a day does Immaculee meditate, as stated in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
14. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Hutu.
(b) The Burundi.
(c) The Twa.
(d) The Abashi.
15. How many Interahamwe confront the 30 Tutsi refugees after they are deposited by the French truck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Protestant pastor who shames the young men who caught Damascene?
2. What does Immaculee say littered the streets in Kigali?
3. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
4. What is the name of the woman who had been hiding Malaba before she arrives at the pastor's house?
5. Who spots the Tutsi women hidden by Pastor Murinzi during their respite from the bathroom?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)