|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Abashi.
(b) The Burundi.
(c) The Hutu.
(d) The Twa.
2. With whom is Immaculee reunited in late 1995?
(c) Her Uncle Paul.
(d) Pastor Murinzi.
3. What is the name of the woman who had been hiding Malaba before she arrives at the pastor's house?
4. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
(a) A pair of gold earrings.
(b) A diamond-studded belt.
(c) A pair of leather shoes.
(d) A set of fine china.
5. How many Interahamwe confront the 30 Tutsi refugees after they are deposited by the French truck?
6. Which of the following is a name belonging to one of Immaculee's aunts that she encounters in the French base camp?
7. What does the captain of the French troops offer to Immaculee shortly after discovering she can speak French fluently?
(a) To search for every Tutsi in the region.
(b) To march on Kigali with all the Tutsi.
(c) To kill any Hutu she wants dead.
(d) To aid the RPF in overthrowing the government.
8. To where is Damascene headed when he is killed?
9. What is the date of Damascene's last letter to his family?
(a) June 1, 1994.
(b) May 18, 1994.
(c) May 6, 1994.
(d) April 30, 1994.
10. Which of the pastor's children do not receive the Tutsi women with sympathy?
11. Whom does Immaculee see for the first time since before the genocide, as related near the end of "The Gift of Tongues"?
12. How many "cockroaches" does Immaculee hear one man boasting of having killed after the women are spotted in the pastor's house?
13. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
14. What does Immaculee see on the door of the bathroom after having her vision of Christ?
(a) A brilliant star.
(b) A cross.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The face of the devil.
15. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Dr. Abel, whom Immaculee encounters on the streets of Kigali?
2. How many more women join the bathroom in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
3. What is the name of the friend who lives near the lake with whom Damascene spends his last night?
4. At what time do the French soldiers tell Pastor Murinzi to bring the Tutsi women to them?
5. How many Tutsi were murdered in the genocide?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)