|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long have the women been in Pastor Murinzi's bathroom when they decide to go to the UN Peacekeeping troops?
(a) Three months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Nine weeks.
2. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
(a) A ricocheted bullet.
(b) Shrapnel from a grenade.
(c) A spear.
(d) A machete.
3. Approximately how many Interahamwe do Pastor Murinzi's family and the Tutsi women pass on the road while moving towards the French field encampment?
4. Who in Rwanda demands English-speaking UN Peacekeepers?
(a) The new president.
(b) The Twa.
(c) The RPF.
(d) The Hutu.
5. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
(a) Her high school diploma.
(b) Thirty dollars.
(c) A letter from her brother Aimable.
(d) Her university progress report.
6. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
(a) Florence and Karega.
(b) Aloise and Florence.
(c) Jean Paul and Aloise.
(d) Jean Paul and Karega.
7. What is the profession of Dr. Abel, whom Immaculee encounters on the streets of Kigali?
(a) Doctor of chemical engineering.
(b) Doctor of mass communication.
(c) Doctor of medicine.
(d) Doctor of philosophy.
8. How many hours journey is it from the RPF camp to Kigali?
9. What are the first three words Immaculee says to Felicien?
(a) "Do not fear."
(b) "I hate you."
(c) "I forgive you."
(d) "I am sorry."
10. What is the name of the housekeeper who gives Immaculee a detailed description of the death of her brother Damascene?
11. Which of the pastor's children gives Immaculee a hug?
12. What does Immaculee's family friend Kayitare bring to the burial of her relatives?
13. With whom is Immaculee reunited in late 1995?
(b) Pastor Murinzi.
(c) Her Uncle Paul.
14. What does the pastor show the Tutsi women to give them a respite from their long confinement in the bathroom?
(a) A news report of the Peacekeepers.
(b) A stockpile of food and medicine.
(c) Pictures of the Peacekeepers arriving in Kibuye.
(d) A movie.
15. What does Pierre give to Immaculee just before the refugees leave the French camp?
(a) Pen and paper for her memoir.
(b) A book.
(c) A picture of the two of them.
(d) His address in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
2. What happens to Immaculee when she sees brother's mutilated body?
3. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
4. Which of the Tutsi women is the only one who knows how to speak French when they arrive at the gate of the field encampment?
5. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)