|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Immaculee put in her mouth to keep from making a noise in "Keeping the Faith"?
(a) One of the English books.
(b) Her hand.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The French-English dictionary.
2. To whom does the pastor intend to send the women in his bathroom after the war?
(a) The Twa.
(b) The Hutu.
(c) The Abashi.
(d) The Burundi.
3. To what town are most of the refugees in the French base camp moved in August 1994?
(c) Colline Kirengo.
4. Where does Immaculee volunteer in Kigali while she is working there at the UN?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An elementary school.
5. Whom does Immaculee see for the first time since before the genocide, as related near the end of "The Gift of Tongues"?
6. How many more women join the bathroom in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
7. From what country is the general of the UN Peacekeepers who remained behind after the Belgian soldiers pulled out?
(b) The United States.
8. At least how much weight has Immaculee lost by the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
(a) 20 lbs.
(b) 40 lbs.
(c) 35 lbs.
(d) 50 lbs.
9. For what does Immaculee ask God after visiting her home town for the first time since the genocide?
(a) To be given a new life.
(b) The destruction of her enemies.
(c) Love towards her enemies.
(d) The restoration of Mataba.
10. To which Biblical figure does Aloise compare the Tutsi refugees surrounded by the Interahamwe killers upon her arrival at the roadblock?
11. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
(a) A ricocheted bullet.
(b) Shrapnel from a grenade.
(c) A machete.
(d) A spear.
12. Which of the following is a name belonging to one of Immaculee's aunts that she encounters in the French base camp?
13. How far does Immaculee and her two friends walk with the Interahamwe killers circling them?
(a) Half a mile.
(b) A mile and a half.
(c) Four miles.
(d) Three miles.
14. What does the pastor show the Tutsi women to give them a respite from their long confinement in the bathroom?
(a) A news report of the Peacekeepers.
(b) A stockpile of food and medicine.
(c) A movie.
(d) Pictures of the Peacekeepers arriving in Kibuye.
15. What is the name of Immaculee's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Tutsi were murdered in the genocide?
2. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
3. How many guards protect the borders of the French camp?
4. What Rwandan saves Immaculee and her friends at the roadblock?
5. Which of the pastor's children do not receive the Tutsi women with sympathy?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)