|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many hours a day does Immaculee meditate, as stated in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
2. What happens to Immaculee when she sees brother's mutilated body?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She stares blankly at it.
(c) She begins sobbing.
(d) She faints.
3. What is the name of Damascene's Hutu friend with whom he initially stays?
4. Where does Immaculee volunteer in Kigali while she is working there at the UN?
(a) An elementary school.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A homeless shelter.
5. What does Immaculee track within Rwanda in her first job at the UN?
(a) Tutsi refugees.
(b) UN Peacekeeping troops.
(c) Hutu refugees.
6. Who spots the Tutsi women hidden by Pastor Murinzi during their respite from the bathroom?
(a) A Hutu Killer.
(b) A houseboy.
(d) John's new girlfriend.
7. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
(a) Jean Paul and Aloise.
(b) Jean Paul and Karega.
(c) Florence and Karega.
(d) Aloise and Florence.
8. What does Immaculee see on the door of the bathroom after having her vision of Christ?
(a) A cross.
(b) The face of the devil.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) A brilliant star.
9. What does Pierre give to Immaculee just before the refugees leave the French camp?
(a) A picture of the two of them.
(b) A book.
(c) Pen and paper for her memoir.
(d) His address in France.
10. What does Immaculee say littered the streets in Kigali?
(b) Bullet casings.
11. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
(a) A pair of gold earrings.
(b) A set of fine china.
(c) A diamond-studded belt.
(d) A pair of leather shoes.
12. What is the first sentence that Immaculee learns to say in English?
(a) "I am looking for my family."
(b) "I want a job."
(c) "I am Tutsi."
(d) "I am Immaculee."
13. Approximately how many Interahamwe do Pastor Murinzi's family and the Tutsi women pass on the road while moving towards the French field encampment?
14. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
15. What is the name of the housekeeper who gives Immaculee a detailed description of the death of her brother Damascene?
Short Answer Questions
1. At least how much weight has Immaculee lost by the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
2. In what do Sarah and Immaculee travel to Mataba with Colonel Gueye?
3. How many guards protect the borders of the French camp?
4. What is the profession of Dr. Abel, whom Immaculee encounters on the streets of Kigali?
5. What is the date of Damascene's last letter to his family?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)