|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spots the Tutsi women hidden by Pastor Murinzi during their respite from the bathroom?
(b) A houseboy.
(c) A Hutu Killer.
(d) John's new girlfriend.
2. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
(a) A letter from her brother Aimable.
(b) Her high school diploma.
(c) Thirty dollars.
(d) Her university progress report.
3. What does Immaculee say littered the streets in Kigali?
(d) Bullet casings.
4. What is the name of the friend who lives near the lake with whom Damascene spends his last night?
5. What is the name of the mixed good and evil Hutu with whom the two male Tutsi survivors in the French field encampment hide during the genocide?
(a) Jean Paul.
(d) Jean Baptiste.
6. How many guards protect the borders of the French camp?
7. What are the first three words Immaculee says to Felicien?
(a) "I am sorry."
(b) "Do not fear."
(c) "I hate you."
(d) "I forgive you."
8. Which of the pastor's children gives Immaculee a hug?
9. To which apostle does Immaculee appeal in her prayer for a job?
10. What happens to Immaculee when she sees brother's mutilated body?
(a) She faints.
(b) She begins sobbing.
(c) She vomits.
(d) She stares blankly at it.
11. At least how much weight has Immaculee lost by the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
(a) 50 lbs.
(b) 20 lbs.
(c) 35 lbs.
(d) 40 lbs.
12. Which foreign troops are the first to arrive in Rwanda?
13. What is the name of the woman who had been hiding Malaba before she arrives at the pastor's house?
14. For how many hours a day does Immaculee meditate, as stated in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
15. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
(a) A diamond-studded belt.
(b) A set of fine china.
(c) A pair of gold earrings.
(d) A pair of leather shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Damascene's last letter to his family?
2. Which of the pastor's relatives does Immaculee hear speaking about murders of Tutsi outside the bathroom window at the beginning of "Unlikely Saviors"?
3. Which two of the refugees does Immaculee bring with her to find the RPF soldiers after being deposited by the French truck?
4. What is the name of Aloise's husband?
5. Approximately how many Interahamwe do Pastor Murinzi's family and the Tutsi women pass on the road while moving towards the French field encampment?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)