|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language are most of the Rwandans taught in high-school as a second language?
2. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
3. At what time do the French soldiers tell Pastor Murinzi to bring the Tutsi women to them?
(a) 10-11 pm.
(b) 4-6 am.
(c) 2-3 am.
(d) 8-9 am.
4. Into what city does the UN Peacekeeping troops first fly?
5. What is the profession of Dr. Abel, whom Immaculee encounters on the streets of Kigali?
(a) Doctor of medicine.
(b) Doctor of chemical engineering.
(c) Doctor of mass communication.
(d) Doctor of philosophy.
6. How many hours journey is it from the RPF camp to Kigali?
7. What is the first sentence that Immaculee learns to say in English?
(a) "I am Immaculee."
(b) "I am looking for my family."
(c) "I am Tutsi."
(d) "I want a job."
8. What is the name of the woman who had been hiding Malaba before she arrives at the pastor's house?
9. By whom or what is Immaculee console about the fate of her family, as related in "Forgiving the Living"?
(a) A dream.
(c) Her Aunt Jeanne.
(d) A garden full of flowers.
10. Who else from Immaculee's family is buried when she and those with her bury Damascene?
11. Why does the French captain deposit the Tutsi refugees on the road barely halfway to the RPF camp when he hears reports of gunfire in the area?
(a) His truck breaks down.
(b) He is given orders to avoid fighting at all costs.
(c) He is afraid of conflict with the RPF.
(d) He is afraid of conflict with the Hutu.
12. How many more women join the bathroom in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
13. For what does Immaculee ask God after visiting her home town for the first time since the genocide?
(a) To be given a new life.
(b) The destruction of her enemies.
(c) The restoration of Mataba.
(d) Love towards her enemies.
14. What is the date of Damascene's last letter to his family?
(a) April 30, 1994.
(b) May 18, 1994.
(c) June 1, 1994.
(d) May 6, 1994.
15. For how long have the women been in Pastor Murinzi's bathroom when they decide to go to the UN Peacekeeping troops?
(a) Nine weeks.
(b) Five months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre, the French soldier, tell Immaculee?
2. What are the first three words Immaculee says to Felicien?
3. To where is Damascene headed when he is killed?
4. What happens to Immaculee when she sees brother's mutilated body?
5. To where does Aloise offer to take Immaculee and her companions from the French base camp?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)