|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain of the French troops offer to Immaculee shortly after discovering she can speak French fluently?
(a) To march on Kigali with all the Tutsi.
(b) To kill any Hutu she wants dead.
(c) To aid the RPF in overthrowing the government.
(d) To search for every Tutsi in the region.
2. To where is Damascene headed when he is killed?
3. Who is the extremist Hutu uncle of Damascene's Hutu friend who hid him for weeks?
4. What happens to Immaculee when she sees brother's mutilated body?
(a) She begins sobbing.
(b) She stares blankly at it.
(c) She vomits.
(d) She faints.
5. Which foreign troops are the first to arrive in Rwanda?
6. For how long have the women been in the bathroom at the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Thirty-eight days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Four weeks.
7. How many Tutsi refugees are in the French camp when Operation Turquoise comes to a close?
8. What does Immaculee track within Rwanda in her first job at the UN?
(a) Hutu refugees.
(c) UN Peacekeeping troops.
(d) Tutsi refugees.
9. What does Immaculee's family friend Kayitare bring to the burial of her relatives?
10. Which of the following is a name belonging to one of Immaculee's aunts that she encounters in the French base camp?
11. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
(a) Her high school diploma.
(b) A letter from her brother Aimable.
(c) Thirty dollars.
(d) Her university progress report.
12. About which of her family members does Immaculee ask Pastor Murinzi at the end of "A Gathering of Orphans"?
13. What is the profession of Dr. Abel, whom Immaculee encounters on the streets of Kigali?
(a) Doctor of philosophy.
(b) Doctor of mass communication.
(c) Doctor of medicine.
(d) Doctor of chemical engineering.
14. What does Immaculee see on the door of the bathroom after having her vision of Christ?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) The face of the devil.
(c) A cross.
(d) A brilliant star.
15. What is the first sentence that Immaculee learns to say in English?
(a) "I am Immaculee."
(b) "I want a job."
(c) "I am Tutsi."
(d) "I am looking for my family."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Tutsi women is the only one who knows how to speak French when they arrive at the gate of the field encampment?
2. In what building do Immaculee and the other Tutsi refugees stay in the RPF camp?
3. What is the name of the Tutsi survivor Immaculee speaks with in the French field encampment?
4. For what does Immaculee ask God after visiting her home town for the first time since the genocide?
5. At least how much weight has Immaculee lost by the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)