|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country is the general of the UN Peacekeepers who remained behind after the Belgian soldiers pulled out?
(a) The United States.
2. What has damaged the face of Florence, the Tutsi refugee Immaculee meets in the French camp?
(a) A ricocheted bullet.
(b) A machete.
(c) A spear.
(d) Shrapnel from a grenade.
3. For what does Immaculee ask God after visiting her home town for the first time since the genocide?
(a) Love towards her enemies.
(b) The destruction of her enemies.
(c) The restoration of Mataba.
(d) To be given a new life.
4. For how long have the women been in Pastor Murinzi's bathroom when they decide to go to the UN Peacekeeping troops?
(a) Two months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Nine weeks.
(d) Three months.
5. How many Tutsi refugees are in the French camp when Operation Turquoise comes to a close?
6. At least how much weight has Immaculee lost by the beginning of "The Gift of Tongues"?
(a) 40 lbs.
(b) 20 lbs.
(c) 50 lbs.
(d) 35 lbs.
7. What does the pastor show the Tutsi women to give them a respite from their long confinement in the bathroom?
(a) A movie.
(b) Pictures of the Peacekeepers arriving in Kibuye.
(c) A stockpile of food and medicine.
(d) A news report of the Peacekeepers.
8. Which of the pastor's children gives Immaculee a hug?
9. What does Immaculee track within Rwanda in her first job at the UN?
(a) Tutsi refugees.
(b) UN Peacekeeping troops.
(d) Hutu refugees.
10. By whom or what is Immaculee console about the fate of her family, as related in "Forgiving the Living"?
(a) A garden full of flowers.
(c) A dream.
(d) Her Aunt Jeanne.
11. Which of the Tutsi women is the only one who knows how to speak French when they arrive at the gate of the field encampment?
12. What notable item does Immaculee find in a house nearby Aloise's?
(a) A pair of gold earrings.
(b) A set of fine china.
(c) A diamond-studded belt.
(d) A pair of leather shoes.
13. For how many hours a day does Immaculee meditate, as stated in "A Gathering of Orphans"?
14. Which of the pastor's relatives does Immaculee hear speaking about murders of Tutsi outside the bathroom window at the beginning of "Unlikely Saviors"?
15. Which of the following does Immaculee not find in the one large envelope in her room?
(a) Thirty dollars.
(b) Her university progress report.
(c) Her high school diploma.
(d) A letter from her brother Aimable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Immaculee when she sees brother's mutilated body?
2. Who is the extremist Hutu uncle of Damascene's Hutu friend who hid him for weeks?
3. Approximately how many Interahamwe do Pastor Murinzi's family and the Tutsi women pass on the road while moving towards the French field encampment?
4. What is the name of the woman who had been hiding Malaba before she arrives at the pastor's house?
5. To which apostle does Immaculee appeal in her prayer for a job?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)