|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what other tribe does the dominant Rwandan tribe intermarry over the course of many generations?
(a) The Tutsi.
(b) The Twa.
(c) The Hutu.
(d) The Rwanda.
2. For what is Immaculee mistaken when she is nearly shot by an irrational and fearful girl?
(a) A monster.
(b) A man.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A European.
3. Beyond being well-mannered and virtuous, what do Immaculee's parents expect of her?
(a) To sing.
(b) To study.
(c) To clean.
(d) To cook.
4. Where is the member of Immaculee's family who is absent when she arrives home for the holiday?
5. In what style is the pastor's house built?
6. For what holiday does Immaculee return home from the University?
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Spring Break.
7. Approximately how many people ultimately camped outside of Immaculee's house during the massacre at Mataba?
8. Of what year's killings does Immaculee have only one memory?
9. What weapon are the Hutu encouraged to use against their Tutsi neighbors in "No Going Back"?
(a) Their bare hands.
10. What stipulation does Immaculee's father place on the Protestant student dating Immaculee?
(a) He must not engage with her physically in any way until marriage.
(b) He may not try to convert her to Protestantism.
(c) He must convert to the Catholic faith.
(d) He must not join any political parties.
11. How many siblings does Immaculee have?
12. Who treats Immaculee with contempt when she walks into the pastor's living room?
(a) Pastor Murinzi.
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the categories into which students are placed the first time that Immaculee experiences ethnic segregation?
14. What is the name of the Tutsi girl Immaculee immediately befriends at the school?
15. Which tribe came to be the dominant ruling class because of others fleeing ethnic persecution?
(a) The Rwana.
(b) The Hutu.
(c) The Twa.
(d) The Tutsi.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which ethnic group is Immaculee assigned during her first experience of ethnic segregation?
2. How far is the distance between Immaculee's house and the pastor's house?
3. For whom does Immaculee attempt and fail to pray immediately after thanking God for that which saved them from the killers' second search?
4. At what age does Immaculee graduate from her mother's schoolhouse?
5. What is the pastor's relation to Immaculee's boyfriend, John?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)