|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two colonial countries settled in Rwanda and created political tension and turmoil?
(a) France and Portugal.
(b) England and Spain.
(c) Germany and Belgium.
(d) France and England.
2. To what tribe does the Protestant student Immaculee meets at the University belong?
(d) He is a foreigner.
3. What colors are the beads of the rosary on which Immaculee daily prays while in the bathroom?
(a) Blue and green.
(b) Red and white.
(c) Brown and orange.
(d) Red and black.
4. At what age does Immaculee graduate from her mother's schoolhouse?
5. What is the name of the pastor with whom she goes to stay at the end of "No Going Back"?
6. Upon whom is the blame put for the death of the President?
(a) Paul Kagame.
(b) The Hutu tribe.
(c) The Catholics of Rwanda.
(d) The Tutsi tribe.
7. How many Tutsi women does Pastor Murinzi crowd into the room with Immaculee?
8. What is the name of Immaculee's father?
9. Where is the member of Immaculee's family who is absent when she arrives home for the holiday?
10. What are members of the Tutsi tribe often denied in the public sphere?
(a) The right to own automobiles.
(b) The right to military service.
(c) Scholarships to schools.
(d) Freedom of speech.
11. By whom is Immaculee accompanied on her trip home for the holiday?
12. What were Immaculee's parents both trained to be?
13. Which tribe had once had a king that ruled the land prosperously and peacefully?
(a) The Tutsi.
(b) The Hutu.
(c) The Twa.
(d) The Rwana.
14. Which Rwandan tribe makes up the majority of the population during Immaculee's childhood?
(a) The Hutu.
(b) The Rwanda.
(c) The Twa.
(d) The Tutsi.
15. What is the name of the Hutu who protects Immaculee from the crowd at the end of "No Going back"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the pastor's son with whom he argues in the bedroom near the bathroom?
2. Who treats Immaculee with contempt when she walks into the pastor's living room?
3. In what village does Immaculee grow up?
4. Of what is the Protestant student convinced should Immaculee help a woman defend herself against robbers and attackers?
5. In what country is Paul Kagame at the beginning of "No Going Back"?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)