|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only member of Immaculee's family that does not greet her upon her arrival home?
2. Which of the ladies in the bathroom does not cry when Pastor Murinzi tells them how the Tutsi people have been slaughtered even inside churches?
3. How much is the stipend the girls in the University received equal to in US dollars?
4. Who else does the pastor falsely accuse, on the authority of the government, of stockpiling weapons to kill members of the Hutu?
(d) Father Clement.
5. What is the name of the Hutu who protects Immaculee from the crowd at the end of "No Going back"?
6. What item does Immaculee retrieve from her house and give to her father after the first skirmish with the Interahamwe?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A scapular.
(d) A book.
7. What news station gives the report heard by the women in the bathroom that the RPF had made its way to the capital of Kigali?
8. What weapon are the Hutu encouraged to use against their Tutsi neighbors in "No Going Back"?
(d) Their bare hands.
9. In what country is Paul Kagame at the beginning of "No Going Back"?
10. With whom is Immaculee's companion on the trip home good friends?
11. On what do Leonard and Rose flee their burnt home?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A camel.
(d) The back of a truck.
12. Of what year's killings does Immaculee have only one memory?
13. What is the name of Vianney's high school teacher who arrives at Pastor Murinzi's house?
14. Where is the university to which Immaculee is awarded a scholarship in "Off to University"?
15. For roughly how many hours does Immaculee pray rosaries while the killers search the house a second time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is the Protestant student convinced should Immaculee help a woman defend herself against robbers and attackers?
2. Who treats Immaculee with contempt when she walks into the pastor's living room?
3. How old is Vianney in "Farewell to the Boys"?
4. For whom does Immaculee attempt and fail to pray immediately after thanking God for that which saved them from the killers' second search?
5. Where do the Tutsi women hide when the killers begin screaming outside the pastor's house?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)