|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours of electricity per day does Immaculee's family have?
2. With whom is Immaculee's companion on the trip home good friends?
3. What plan does Immaculee's friend devise to avoid torture and rape by the Hutu?
(b) Escape to the north.
(c) Faked death.
4. What is Immaculee's father holding in his hand as he addresses the crowd gathered outside of their home?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A machete.
(c) A gun.
(d) A Bible.
5. Where do the Tutsi women hide when the killers begin screaming outside the pastor's house?
(a) Inside the closet.
(b) Outside on the ledge.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) A ceiling crawl space.
6. Which Rwandan tribe makes up the majority of the population during Immaculee's childhood?
(a) The Rwanda.
(b) The Hutu.
(c) The Twa.
(d) The Tutsi.
7. Who else does the pastor falsely accuse, on the authority of the government, of stockpiling weapons to kill members of the Hutu?
(b) Father Clement.
8. With what weapon in hand does Immaculee's father charge at the Interahamwe alone?
(a) A large stick.
(b) A rock.
(c) A spear.
(d) A machete.
9. Which of the women in the bathroom is the eldest?
10. What loud noise does Immaculee hear all night, ending in the snarling of dogs while hiding in the bathroom?
(a) Whispers of refugees hiding outside.
(b) The wailing of a mother.
(c) The chanting and jeering of the killers.
(d) The cries of a baby.
11. In what year does Immaculee learn about the Rwandan Patriotic Front?
12. What is the name of Immaculee's mother?
13. What is the name of the Tutsi girl Immaculee immediately befriends at the school?
14. Upon what word does Immaculee meditate for days?
15. Who is killed on the first night of "retributions" for the death of the President?
(a) Immaculee's Uncle Twaza.
(b) Immaculee's boyfriend.
(d) Paul Kagame.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what grade does Immaculee first experience ethnic segregation?
2. Where is the university to which Immaculee is awarded a scholarship in "Off to University"?
3. Which of the following is NOT among the things Pastor Murinzi is told were hidden in Immaculee's father's house?
4. What does Immaculee hold in her hand while passing the mob?
5. Beyond being well-mannered and virtuous, what do Immaculee's parents expect of her?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)