Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting in which Immaculee is raised in the early years of her life.
2. Immaculee's Catholic faith is mentioned early and often in <i>Left to Tell</i>; how is she raised to perceive her faith?
3. Choose one word to capture the essence of Immaculee's description of her brother Damascene, and explain why it is a fitting choice.
4. How do Immaculee's parents set a good communal example for her and her brothers?
5. How is Immaculee embarrassed on her first day at junior high school?
6. What does Immaculee's father do to ensure she receives a high school education, and why is it significant?
7. Why is Immaculee Ilibagiza initially denied a scholarship to high school?
8. How does Immaculee finally make the transition from the private high school to the public high school?
9. What is the ethnic atmosphere in which Immaculee finds herself at Lycee High School?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)