|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Letter from Damascene.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT among the things Pastor Murinzi is told were hidden in Immaculee's father's house?
(a) A stockpile of machetes.
(b) A death list of Hutu names.
(c) A stockpile of grenades.
(d) A stockpile of guns.
2. To where in the bathroom does Immaculee privately retreat?
(a) The toilet.
(b) The shower.
(c) Her hatred.
(d) Her heart.
3. What weapon are the Hutu encouraged to use against their Tutsi neighbors in "No Going Back"?
(b) Their bare hands.
4. How far is the distance between Immaculee's house and the pastor's house?
(a) Fifty miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Eight miles.
5. Who else does the pastor falsely accuse, on the authority of the government, of stockpiling weapons to kill members of the Hutu?
(b) Father Clement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Psalm does Immaculee read immediately after Sony is turned away from the Pastor's house?
2. Who is the extremist Hutu uncle of Damascene's Hutu friend who hid him for weeks?
3. What is the name of the Protestant pastor who shames the young men who caught Damascene?
4. In what country is Paul Kagame at the beginning of "No Going Back"?
5. What is the predominant feeling of Sehame after the killing of Damascene?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)