|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mount Elbrus?
(a) The Olympic Mountains.
(b) The Rocky Mountains.
(c) The Alps.
(d) The Caucasus Mountains.
2. What seemed to be the only way Beck could be happy?
(a) Being in danger.
(b) Going from goal to goal.
(c) Feeling needed.
(d) Away from work.
3. Where did Beck decide to attend college?
(a) Mississippi State.
(d) Midwestern State.
4. What is Peach's real name?
(a) Patricia Wade.
(b) Patricia Olson.
(c) Margaret Wade.
(d) Margaret Olson.
5. What did Beck feel that he would some day do?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Climb Mt. Everest.
(c) Become a senator or congressman.
(d) Become an actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what two points of view does Chapter 13 switch?
2. What did Beck's father do during the war years?
3. With whom did Beck feel competitive when he started dating Peach?
4. Why did Beck try different challenges in the early years of his marriage?
5. Where did Beck go after graduating with a B.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beck and Peach say attracted each of them to the other?
2. Why does Beck go to Mexico? What does he realize while he is there?
3. What did Beck write about his life in Japan?
4. Why does Beck blame Peace for his unhappiness and what is her response?
5. What did Beck begin to do after his term as president of Medical City ended? How did he cope with the problem?
6. Where did Beck attend medical school, and what specialty did he enjoy?
7. What did Dan relate about his and his father's coping methods for their negative emotions?
8. What does Beck see as his contribution to the household, and what does he neglect?
9. What does Ken want Beck to decide while descending Mount McKinley? What is Beck's response?
10. What is the "black dog," and how did it affect Beck?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)