|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beck enjoy doing after they moved to Dallas when he was not working?
(a) Meeting his buddies at the bars.
(d) Building model planes.
2. What did some of Beck's friends realize about Beck's climbing hobby?
(a) It might be getting dangerous.
(c) It was a subsitute for living with his family.
(d) It was a substitute for an interesting job.
3. What was Beck proud to overcome?
(a) Fear of being alone in the wilderness.
(b) Fear of climbing.
(c) Fear of making a bad decision.
(d) Fear of defeat.
4. Where did Beck go after graduating with a B.S.?
(a) University of Texas Southwestern Medical School.
(b) To live in Eurpoe for a while.
(c) Temple University School of Dentistry.
(d) To teach in his hometown.
5. What is one thing Beck liked about Peach?
(a) How sensitive she was to others.
(b) Her adventurous nature.
(c) Her determination to suceed even though she did not excel academically.
(d) Her need to have him around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beck ask one man who was on the Aconcagua climb with Beck?
2. What did Beck feel that he would some day do?
3. With whom did Beck feel competitive when he started dating Peach?
4. Where did Beck's father get transferred to in 1958?
5. Where did Beck find a pipe wrench?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beck choose the mountains to climb?
2. What did Beck write about his life in Japan?
3. What did Kit relate about the Weathers' family life?
4. What does Beck say about the early years of his marriage?
5. Why does Beck blame Peace for his unhappiness and what is her response?
6. What does Peach write about the women in her family?
7. What did Dan relate about his and his father's coping methods for their negative emotions?
8. What does Beck see as his contribution to the household, and what does he neglect?
9. What happened to Beck's emotional state during his first year at Midwestern?
10. What does Peach say about Beck's "obsessions"?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)