|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peach major in during college?
(b) Political science.
(d) Physical education.
2. What does Beck do when he slips back into a depression after his presidency ended?
(a) He began to rely upon Peach more.
(b) He began to take drugs for the depression.
(c) He began to hike.
(d) He began to play tennis again.
3. What did Peach feel about her nickname later in her marriage?
(a) It was a part of losing her own identity.
(b) It made Beck happy.
(c) It made her feel as though no one took her seriously.
(d) It kept her feeling connected to her home roots.
4. What did Beck find on his second major climb?
(a) He did not really enjoy climbing.
(b) Corpses of other climbers.
(c) He was stronger than his climbing buddies.
(d) He did not have any problem with altitude sickness.
5. What did Beck ask one man who was on the Aconcagua climb with Beck?
(a) Why Mount Everest is so difficult.
(b) If the man ever felt depressed while climbing.
(c) If the man had ever climbed.
(d) What it was like to climb Everest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beck have a tendency to do when he was pursuing a hobby?
2. Whom did Peach and the children enjoy having on their vacations?
3. What did Beck feel that he would some day do?
4. Who attended the meal with Beck and other climbers on the summit of Mount Elbrus?
5. How did Beck choose the mountains he climbed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peach say about Beck's "obsessions"?
2. How did Beck and Peach end up back in Dallas?
3. What did Beck and Peach say attracted each of them to the other?
4. What does Beck write about his experience climbing Mount McKinley?
5. Who served as a surrogate father to Peach, and what was Beck's relationship with the man?
6. How did Beck choose the mountains to climb?
7. Why does Beck blame Peace for his unhappiness and what is her response?
8. What happened to Beck's emotional state during his first year at Midwestern?
9. What did Dan relate about his and his father's coping methods for their negative emotions?
10. What did Beck relate about his time when his father was stationed in Saudi Arabia in 1958?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)