|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan learn about as much as possible?
(a) The situation that led to Beck's almost dying.
(b) The other climbers' fates.
(c) Beck's medical condition.
(d) How Beck and Peach felt towards each other.
2. Whom did Rob get to talk with before he died?
(a) His pregnant wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His three daughters.
(d) His fiance.
3. How long did Peach give Beck to demonstrate that he had changed?
(a) Six months.
(b) Five years.
(c) No time.
(d) A year.
4. Who is Rob?
(a) Another first-time climber.
(b) Beck's son.
(c) Beck's friend from Texas who is also climbing.
(d) Beck's guide.
5. How did Beck get to Lukla once he was in Nepal?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beck contact his family while at base camp?
2. What did the camp do when Beck arrived?
3. Where did Dan meet Beck?
4. After how long was Beck not to try to rejoin the group when he stopped?
5. What surprised Peach while Beck was in base camp before he even started the climb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beck learn about his rescue as he reaches Kathmandu?
2. What is the purpose of the climbers' stay at Base Camp?
3. How did Beck end up making it back to Camp IV?
4. Whom did Peach and her friends contact to get Beck off the mountain?
5. What did Beck say about a climber's drive?
6. What did Beck say was the reason he climbed, and what was the impact of his climbing on his family?
7. What does Peach say about Beck's and her relationship in Chapter 8?
8. What did Beck do while waiting to travel to base camp on Everest?
9. How did Beck communicate with his family during most climbs, and how did he do so on the Everest expedition?
10. How does Beck contrast current weather conditions with the conditions when he started up the summit eighteen hours earlier?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)