|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came down the mountain after the man who offered Beck assistance?
(a) Mike Groom and Yasuko.
(c) No one.
2. Where is Beck Weathers trapped?
(a) No Man's Land, Mount Everest.
(b) Life Zone, Mount Everest.
(c) Climber's Hollow, Mount Everest.
(d) Death Zone, Mount Everest.
3. How did Beck feel about his role as a father?
(a) He was better than most of his friends.
(b) He was about the same as his own father had been.
(c) He had been a very good father.
(d) He did not do a very good job.
4. Who initiates a helicopter rescue at Base Camp Two for Beck?
(a) Beck's brother.
(c) Yasuko's family.
(d) Beck's parents.
5. Who helped Beck fight sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Beck feel guilty?
2. When did Beck's team make High Camp on the South Col?
3. What does Peach say Beck's obsession with climbing was doing?
4. Who fell to his death in Beck's party?
5. What happened as the sun began to set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beck's longtime recovery proceed?
2. What does the rest of Chapter 7 describe after Beck arrives at Camp II?
3. How did Beck communicate with his family during most climbs, and how did he do so on the Everest expedition?
4. What was Peach told about Beck in a phone call, and what happened just as she was relaying the news to the children?
5. What did Beck say was the reason he climbed, and what was the impact of his climbing on his family?
6. How does Beck contrast current weather conditions with the conditions when he started up the summit eighteen hours earlier?
7. What does Beck learn about his rescue as he reaches Kathmandu?
8. What astonishes the climbers at Camp IV as they prepared to descend to Camp II, and what did the climbers do?
9. Describe the storm that pummels Beck's tent as he lay helpless inside.
10. What does Beck say about hiking the Khumbu trail on his way to base camp?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)