|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Beck stay for a couple days before heading to Lukla?
(a) In India.
(b) In Pokhra.
(c) In Tibet meditating.
(d) At a hotel in Katmandu.
2. Who is Rob?
(a) Another first-time climber.
(b) Beck's guide.
(c) Beck's friend from Texas who is also climbing.
(d) Beck's son.
3. How long did Peach give Beck to demonstrate that he had changed?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) No time.
4. What did people at base camp tell Peach?
(a) Beck was dead.
(b) Beck was fine but still on his way down to base camp.
(c) Beck was in a Hyperthermic coma but was airlifted to the hospital.
(d) Beck was fine and on his way to Katmandu.
5. Whom did Rob get to talk with before he died?
(a) His parents.
(b) His pregnant wife.
(c) His fiance.
(d) His three daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beck contact his family while at base camp?
2. Who fell to his death in Beck's party?
3. Who came down the mountain after the man who offered Beck assistance?
4. Where is Beck Weathers trapped?
5. Beck lost the use of ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beck overcome the boredom at base camp?
2. How did Beck end up making it back to Camp IV?
3. How does Beck contrast current weather conditions with the conditions when he started up the summit eighteen hours earlier?
4. Why did Dan fly to be with Beck while Beck was in a hotel recovering?
5. Why did the search party leave Beck and Yasuko where they found them?
6. What did Beck say was the reason he climbed, and what was the impact of his climbing on his family?
7. What does Beck say about hiking the Khumbu trail on his way to base camp?
8. How did Beck's longtime recovery proceed?
9. What happened when the camp radioed down the mountain about Beck's arrival?
10. Whom did Peach and her friends contact to get Beck off the mountain?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)