|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beck get to Lukla once he was in Nepal?
2. Where did Dan meet Beck?
(a) In New York City.
(b) In Ramstein, Germany.
(c) In Texas.
(d) At a hotel where Beck is recovering.
3. What happened as the sun began to set?
(a) His best friend fell to his death.
(b) His guide returned.
(c) The wind picked up, and Beck's vision blurred again.
(d) Another group came down off the summit past Beck.
4. How did Beck contact his family while at base camp?
(b) Letters that a messenger took to Katmandu.
(c) Cell phone.
(d) He never contacted his family.
5. Why is Peach frustrated?
(a) No one is there to help her dying husband.
(b) She cannot get a flight to Nepal.
(c) She cannot talk to Beck.
(d) She is receiving conflicting news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peach not realize when someone called her and said Beck was alive?
2. What surprised Peach while Beck was in base camp before he even started the climb?
3. What was Beck descending?
4. Why was Beck almost suffocated in his tent?
5. Why do the climbers have to stay in a base camp for a while?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peach say about Beck's and her relationship in Chapter 8?
2. What does the rest of Chapter 7 describe after Beck arrives at Camp II?
3. How did Beck end up making it back to Camp IV?
4. How did Beck overcome the boredom at base camp?
5. How does Beck contrast current weather conditions with the conditions when he started up the summit eighteen hours earlier?
6. What happened after Mike Groom arrived?
7. What did Beck do while waiting to travel to base camp on Everest?
8. What happened when the camp radioed down the mountain about Beck's arrival?
9. What did Beck say was the reason he climbed, and what was the impact of his climbing on his family?
10. Why did the search party leave Beck and Yasuko where they found them?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)