|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came down the mountain after the man who offered Beck assistance?
(b) Mike Groom and Yasuko.
(c) No one.
2. What surprised Peach while Beck was in base camp before he even started the climb?
(a) He wrote and said it would be his last climb.
(b) He wrote her two letters.
(c) He sent her faxes.
(d) He called her.
3. How long did Peach give Beck to demonstrate that he had changed?
(a) No time.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) Five years.
4. What did Beck feel at base camp?
5. Who is Anatoli Boukreev?
(a) A Sherpa.
(b) A Russian guide.
(c) A Russian first-time climber.
(d) The man who rescued Rob.
6. What did Peach not realize when someone called her and said Beck was alive?
(a) Beck was still up on the mountain.
(b) Beck was considered a hero for saving another climber.
(c) Beck was being bombarded by the press.
(d) The caller was implying that Beck would probably die.
7. What trail did Beck hike to get to Everest?
8. In what condition is Yasuko?
(a) She can't be found.
(b) She is dead.
(c) Hyperthermic coma.
(d) She is well but has some frostbite on her feet.
9. What had Peach planned to tell Beck after his climbing Mount Everest before Beck was injured?
(a) She was seeing another man.
(b) They had to go to counseling.
(c) She was moving to California to accept a job.
(d) The marriage was over.
10. How many in Beck's group made it to the summit?
11. How many feet above sea level was the base camp?
12. What does Peach say Beck's obsession with climbing was doing?
(a) Making him unhappy.
(b) Giving him a way to get out of his depression.
(c) Making them poor.
(d) Breaking up their family.
13. How did Beck get to Lukla once he was in Nepal?
14. Who is Madan?
(a) A medical doctor.
(b) The helicopter pilot.
(c) Beck's best friend.
(d) Beck's brother.
15. What was unusual about the conversation with Beck on Monday from Peach's point of view?
(a) Nothing was unusual.
(b) Beck asked about her feelings.
(c) Beck wanted to talk with his family.
(d) Beck seemed so well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Meg?
2. With what does Beck compare facing death?
3. Who initiates a helicopter rescue at Base Camp Two for Beck?
4. For what was Beck particularly concerned when they began their assault for the summit?
5. From whose point of view is part of Chapter 9?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)