|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Beck go hunting on a family vacation?
2. What is one thing Beck liked about Peach?
(a) Her determination to suceed even though she did not excel academically.
(b) Her need to have him around.
(c) Her adventurous nature.
(d) How sensitive she was to others.
3. What is the date when the book opens?
(a) June, 1995.
(b) May, 1996.
(c) August, 1994.
(d) May, 1999.
4. Why did the second in command take over on the Aconcagua climb?
(a) The first in command got ill.
(b) The first in command died.
(c) The first in command demonstrated incompetence.
(d) The second in command knew the mountain better.
5. In what condition is Yasuko?
(a) She can't be found.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is well but has some frostbite on her feet.
(d) Hyperthermic coma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who initiates a helicopter rescue at Base Camp Two for Beck?
2. What did some of Beck's friends realize about Beck's climbing hobby?
3. What did both of Peach's grandmothers have in common?
4. What was Beck proud to overcome?
5. What never went through while Beck was waiting in base camp to leave?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)