|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Beck find a pipe wrench?
(a) On the pedestal that was supposed to hold Lenin's bust.
(b) Hanging from a tree on Mount Fuji.
(c) In his garage.
(d) Sitting on top of a flat boulder at the summit of Mount Fuji.
2. From whose point of view is part of Chapter 9?
(a) Yasuko's family.
(b) Beck's son.
(c) Rob's brother.
(d) Cecilia Boone.
3. What did Beck say he enjoyed about climbing?
(a) The tranquility.
(b) The terror.
(c) The sights.
(d) The time away from home.
4. What did Dan say about Beck as far as being competitive?
(a) He never did anything that competed against someone else.
(b) He hated competition but excelled at it.
(c) He was highly competitive.
(d) He hated doing things that were competitive.
5. What did Beck ask one man who was on the Aconcagua climb with Beck?
(a) What it was like to climb Everest.
(b) If the man ever felt depressed while climbing.
(c) Why Mount Everest is so difficult.
(d) If the man had ever climbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beck's father do?
2. What seemed to be the only way Beck could be happy?
3. What did Beck decide to major in at college?
4. Who fell to his death in Beck's party?
5. Who is with Beck Weathers?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)