|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dan meet Beck?
(a) In Ramstein, Germany.
(b) In New York City.
(c) In Texas.
(d) At a hotel where Beck is recovering.
2. Where did Beck's family move in 1954?
(b) San Bernadino.
(c) San Antonio.
(d) Washington, D. C.
3. Why did Beck decide to stay put for a while?
(a) He lost his vision.
(b) His boot sole broke off.
(c) He lost a mitten.
(d) He needed to use more oxygen.
4. Why did the second in command take over on the Aconcagua climb?
(a) The first in command got ill.
(b) The second in command knew the mountain better.
(c) The first in command died.
(d) The first in command demonstrated incompetence.
5. How low did the temperature go where Beck trapped?
(a) Minus five degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) Two degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) Twenty degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) Minus sixty degrees Fahrenheit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beck do to his body as he was making it stronger?
2. Why was Beck almost suffocated in his tent?
3. What happened as the sun began to set?
4. What did some of Beck's friends realize about Beck's climbing hobby?
5. What did Beck nickname his depression?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)