|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Beck avoid sports in high school?
(a) His eyes.
(b) He was not very coordinated.
(c) His size.
(d) He had to work after school.
2. Who went to find Beck and Yasuko after the storm abated?
(a) Jon Krakauer.
(b) No one as the two were reported as dead.
(c) Three Sherpas and Stuart Hutchinson.
(d) Rob Hall.
3. What gave Beck motivation?
(a) Thinking about his family.
(b) He heard God's voice in his head.
(c) Thinking about getting Yasuko to safety.
(d) He saw a bright light that went ahead of him.
4. What did Beck's father use to combat negative feelings?
(a) Making furniture.
(b) Success at work.
5. What did Beck decide to do instead of suicide?
(a) Bike across the United States.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) Quit his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peach and the family think of Beck when he came home from a climb?
2. What was unusual about the conversation with Beck on Monday from Peach's point of view?
3. What did Beck climb in Mexico in 1990?
4. Where is Mount Elbrus?
5. What face did the climbers ascend over?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)