|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Peach frustrated?
(a) She is receiving conflicting news.
(b) She cannot talk to Beck.
(c) She cannot get a flight to Nepal.
(d) No one is there to help her dying husband.
2. What did Beck say he blamed for his unhappiness?
(a) His children.
(b) His inability to relax.
(c) His job.
3. Where did Beck stay for a couple days before heading to Lukla?
(a) At a hotel in Katmandu.
(b) In India.
(c) In Pokhra.
(d) In Tibet meditating.
4. Why did Beck run out of food on his second major climb?
(a) They did not plan on needing so much food.
(b) He was stuck at base camp due to a storm.
(c) They dropped a pack down a crevasse.
(d) Several of their meals got soaked and spoiled.
5. What was the weather like eighteen hours earlier than when the book opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Beck decide to stay put for a while?
2. For what was Beck particularly concerned when they began their assault for the summit?
3. Who fell to his death in Beck's party?
4. What did Peach and the family think of Beck when he came home from a climb?
5. Who initiates a helicopter rescue at Base Camp Two for Beck?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)