|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beck proud to overcome?
(a) Fear of being alone in the wilderness.
(b) Fear of climbing.
(c) Fear of defeat.
(d) Fear of making a bad decision.
2. Where did Beck decide to climb after his climb in Colorado?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(b) Mount Fuji.
(c) Mount Shasta.
(d) Mount McKinley.
3. What did Meg ask her father never to do?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Leave Peach.
(c) Climb Mt. Everest.
(d) Climb in South America.
4. What did Beck nickname his depression?
(a) The Black Miasma.
(b) The Dark Hound.
(c) The Thing.
(d) The Black Dog.
5. What is one thing Beck liked about Peach?
(a) Her adventurous nature.
(b) How sensitive she was to others.
(c) Her need to have him around.
(d) Her determination to suceed even though she did not excel academically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Beck join the group that was headed down the mountain?
2. Who came down the mountain after the man who offered Beck assistance?
3. From whose point of view is part of Chapter 9?
4. Where did Beck learn survival skills?
5. Why did the second in command take over on the Aconcagua climb?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)