|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How low did the temperature go where Beck trapped?
(a) Two degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) Twenty degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) Minus five degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) Minus sixty degrees Fahrenheit.
2. What had Peach planned to tell Beck after his climbing Mount Everest before Beck was injured?
(a) She was seeing another man.
(b) She was moving to California to accept a job.
(c) They had to go to counseling.
(d) The marriage was over.
3. Who are the Sherpas?
(a) A family that lived near the border of India and Nepal.
(b) Nepali climbing guides.
(c) A group of climbers from Russia.
(d) A group of monks from Tibet.
4. Why is Peach frustrated?
(a) She is receiving conflicting news.
(b) No one is there to help her dying husband.
(c) She cannot talk to Beck.
(d) She cannot get a flight to Nepal.
5. What advice did the group at base camp receive?
(a) To leave Beck since he would die anyway.
(b) To ask Beck if he wanted to be given a morphine overdose since he would die in agony otherwise.
(c) To ready Beck for a rescue sled team.
(d) To keep Beck from warming up and a doctor would be there soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peach tell Beck when he talked to her?
2. Why did Beck avoid sports in high school?
3. After how long was Beck not to try to rejoin the group when he stopped?
4. What did Dan say about Beck as far as being competitive?
5. What does Linda Gravelle do for Peach?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)