|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beck's father do?
(a) A physician.
(b) An architect.
(c) A writer.
(d) An aviator.
2. On what did Peach count on when she was thinking about divorce?
(a) Beck's generosity.
(b) Her friends' support.
(c) Her parents' support.
(d) Her children's support.
3. When did Beck's team make High Camp on the South Col?
(b) Late afternoon on schedule.
(c) Early afternoon.
(d) Late in the night.
4. What did Meg ask her father never to do?
(a) Leave Peach.
(b) Climb Mt. Everest.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Climb in South America.
5. What did Peach feel about her nickname later in her marriage?
(a) It kept her feeling connected to her home roots.
(b) It made Beck happy.
(c) It was a part of losing her own identity.
(d) It made her feel as though no one took her seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beck find on his second major climb?
2. What was the weather like eighteen hours earlier than when the book opens?
3. Where did Beck stay for a couple days before heading to Lukla?
4. What did Beck climb in Mexico in 1990?
5. Of what did Beck become President in 1982?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)