|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Beck almost suffocated in his tent?
(a) The storm blew the walls over his face.
(b) The storm set up a wind vacuum.
(c) He does not almost suffocate.
(d) He vomited and almost suffocated in it.
2. What is one thing Beck liked about Peach?
(a) Her adventurous nature.
(b) Her determination to suceed even though she did not excel academically.
(c) Her need to have him around.
(d) How sensitive she was to others.
3. For what was Beck particularly concerned when they began their assault for the summit?
(a) The lack of proper equipment.
(b) The cold.
(c) The lack of good guidance.
(d) Two of the climbers.
4. What did Peach major in during college?
(c) Political science.
(d) Physical education.
5. Where did Beck stay for a couple days before heading to Lukla?
(a) In India.
(b) In Tibet meditating.
(c) In Pokhra.
(d) At a hotel in Katmandu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peach not realize when someone called her and said Beck was alive?
2. Where did Beck start school for the first grade?
3. Who fell to his death in Beck's party?
4. Where was Beck taken?
5. What did the camp do when Beck arrived?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)