|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many in Beck's group made it to the summit?
2. Who initiates a helicopter rescue at Base Camp Two for Beck?
(a) Yasuko's family.
(c) Beck's parents.
(d) Beck's brother.
3. For what was Beck particularly concerned when they began their assault for the summit?
(a) The cold.
(b) The lack of proper equipment.
(c) Two of the climbers.
(d) The lack of good guidance.
4. What does the caller tell Peach about Beck?
(a) He was in the hospital at Katmandu.
(b) He died on Everest.
(c) He would be delayed getting off the mountain for a few days.
(d) He was off the mountain but under arrest for not getting the proper permits.
5. Why is Peach frustrated?
(a) No one is there to help her dying husband.
(b) She cannot talk to Beck.
(c) She cannot get a flight to Nepal.
(d) She is receiving conflicting news.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet above sea level was the base camp?
2. What advice did the group at base camp receive?
3. What is Peach's real name?
4. How did Beck contact his family while at base camp?
5. Who fell 150 feet into a crevasse that Beck heard about?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)