|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came down the mountain after the man who offered Beck assistance?
(c) Mike Groom and Yasuko.
(d) No one.
2. Where was Beck taken?
(a) The American Embassy.
(b) A hospital in Pokhra.
(c) A hospital in New Delhi.
(d) A hospital in Ramstein, Germany.
3. Upon what did Meg reflect when she thought her father was dead?
(a) She did not believe he was dead.
(b) She had told her father not to go.
(c) She was sad but at least the fighting between her parents was over.
(d) What life would be like without her dad.
4. What did Peach not realize when someone called her and said Beck was alive?
(a) Beck was still up on the mountain.
(b) The caller was implying that Beck would probably die.
(c) Beck was considered a hero for saving another climber.
(d) Beck was being bombarded by the press.
5. What surprised Peach while Beck was in base camp before he even started the climb?
(a) He called her.
(b) He sent her faxes.
(c) He wrote her two letters.
(d) He wrote and said it would be his last climb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What side of Everest was Beck's group planning to climb?
2. Who are the Sherpas?
3. Who initiates a helicopter rescue at Base Camp Two for Beck?
4. Why do the climbers have to stay in a base camp for a while?
5. About what did Beck write while in base camp?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)