|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened as the sun began to set?
(a) Another group came down off the summit past Beck.
(b) The wind picked up, and Beck's vision blurred again.
(c) His best friend fell to his death.
(d) His guide returned.
2. What surprised Peach while Beck was in base camp before he even started the climb?
(a) He wrote and said it would be his last climb.
(b) He wrote her two letters.
(c) He called her.
(d) He sent her faxes.
3. What gave Beck motivation?
(a) He heard God's voice in his head.
(b) He saw a bright light that went ahead of him.
(c) Thinking about his family.
(d) Thinking about getting Yasuko to safety.
4. Who fell to his death in Beck's party?
(a) A Japanese climber.
(b) A Taiwanese climber.
(c) An English climber.
(d) A Sherpa.
5. What does Dan learn about as much as possible?
(a) Beck's medical condition.
(b) The other climbers' fates.
(c) How Beck and Peach felt towards each other.
(d) The situation that led to Beck's almost dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the caller tell Peach about Beck?
2. Where did Dan meet Beck?
3. From where did the call come that told Peach that Beck had been successfully airlifted off the mountain?
4. What advice did the group at base camp receive?
5. With whom do the climbers meet up when climbing down the mountain?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)