|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date when the book opens?
(a) May, 1996.
(b) June, 1995.
(c) May, 1999.
(d) August, 1994.
2. Who fell 150 feet into a crevasse that Beck heard about?
(a) A Swiss climber.
(b) A Russian climber.
(c) A British climber.
(d) A Sherpa.
3. When did Beck's team make High Camp on the South Col?
(a) Late in the night.
(c) Early afternoon.
(d) Late afternoon on schedule.
4. Who fell to his death in Beck's party?
(a) A Japanese climber.
(b) A Sherpa.
(c) A Taiwanese climber.
(d) An English climber.
5. Who is Meg?
(a) A female climber from England.
(b) Beck's daughter.
(c) A female climber from Australia.
(d) Beck's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What side of Everest was Beck's group planning to climb?
2. How many in Beck's group made it to the summit?
3. How many feet above sea level was the base camp?
4. What did Beck feel at base camp?
5. What is the setting at the opening of Chapter 2?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)