|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening of Chapter 2?
(a) Halfway up Mount Everest.
(b) The airport before the expedition.
(c) Back at Beck's home in Canada.
(d) Back at Beck's home in the United States.
2. What did Beck feel at base camp?
3. Who came down the mountain after the man who offered Beck assistance?
(a) Mike Groom and Yasuko.
(d) No one.
4. What happened as the sun began to set?
(a) His best friend fell to his death.
(b) The wind picked up, and Beck's vision blurred again.
(c) Another group came down off the summit past Beck.
(d) His guide returned.
5. What is the date when the book opens?
(a) June, 1995.
(b) May, 1996.
(c) August, 1994.
(d) May, 1999.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beck contact his family while at base camp?
2. Who came by and offered Beck assistance?
3. What was the weather like eighteen hours earlier than when the book opens?
4. How many in Beck's group made it to the summit?
5. How did Beck get to Lukla once he was in Nepal?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)