|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What side of Everest was Beck's group planning to climb?
(a) North Side.
(b) West Side.
(c) East Side.
(d) Khumbu Glacier.
2. How did Beck contact his family while at base camp?
(b) He never contacted his family.
(c) Cell phone.
(d) Letters that a messenger took to Katmandu.
3. What did Beck feel at base camp?
4. What is the setting at the opening of Chapter 2?
(a) Back at Beck's home in the United States.
(b) The airport before the expedition.
(c) Halfway up Mount Everest.
(d) Back at Beck's home in Canada.
5. About what did Beck write while in base camp?
(a) His goals and aspirations for his life.
(b) The history of the climbing of Mount Everest.
(c) A novel he was writing about climbers.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather like eighteen hours earlier than when the book opens?
2. What trail did Beck hike to get to Everest?
3. For what was Beck particularly concerned when they began their assault for the summit?
4. How many feet above sea level was the base camp?
5. What was Beck descending?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)