|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peach say Beck's obsession with climbing was doing?
(a) Making them poor.
(b) Giving him a way to get out of his depression.
(c) Making him unhappy.
(d) Breaking up their family.
2. What happened as the sun began to set?
(a) His guide returned.
(b) The wind picked up, and Beck's vision blurred again.
(c) His best friend fell to his death.
(d) Another group came down off the summit past Beck.
3. What did Beck feel at base camp?
4. Who fell 150 feet into a crevasse that Beck heard about?
(a) A Swiss climber.
(b) A Sherpa.
(c) A British climber.
(d) A Russian climber.
5. Why did Beck decide to stay put for a while?
(a) He needed to use more oxygen.
(b) He lost a mitten.
(c) He lost his vision.
(d) His boot sole broke off.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet above sea level was the base camp?
2. After how long was Beck not to try to rejoin the group when he stopped?
3. What side of Everest was Beck's group planning to climb?
4. What is the setting at the opening of Chapter 2?
5. Who is Anatoli Boukreev?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)