|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Beck join the group that was headed down the mountain?
(a) He did not think they were competent.
(b) He still planned to reach the summit.
(c) He was waiting for his guide to return.
(d) He was delirious.
2. What was the weather like eighteen hours earlier than when the book opens?
3. Who is Rob?
(a) Beck's friend from Texas who is also climbing.
(b) Beck's guide.
(c) Beck's son.
(d) Another first-time climber.
4. How many feet above sea level was the base camp?
5. What is the setting at the opening of Chapter 2?
(a) Halfway up Mount Everest.
(b) Back at Beck's home in Canada.
(c) Back at Beck's home in the United States.
(d) The airport before the expedition.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was Beck particularly concerned when they began their assault for the summit?
2. What trail did Beck hike to get to Everest?
3. Why do the climbers have to stay in a base camp for a while?
4. Where is Beck Weathers trapped?
5. What does Peach say Beck's obsession with climbing was doing?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)