|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Beck feel guilty?
(a) He survived when others did not.
(b) His brother lost his job when he came to help Beck in Nepal.
(c) He was crippled and would not be able to support his family anymore.
(d) He put his wife through such emotional anguish.
2. How did Peach's father die?
(a) His plane was shot down over Germany.
(b) He was lost on an expedition to the Arctic Circle.
(c) Radiation poisoning.
(d) He died of old age.
3. What is one thing Beck liked about Peach?
(a) How sensitive she was to others.
(b) Her need to have him around.
(c) Her adventurous nature.
(d) Her determination to suceed even though she did not excel academically.
4. What did Beck do to his body as he was making it stronger?
(a) Pushed it but not too far.
(b) Destroyed it.
(c) Trimmed down all the fat..
5. From where did the call come that told Peach that Beck had been successfully airlifted off the mountain?
(c) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Peach think Beck climbed mountains?
2. What did people at base camp tell Peach?
3. Where did Beck learn survival skills?
4. What does Linda Gravelle do for Peach?
5. In what condition is Yasuko?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)