|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came by and offered Beck assistance?
(a) No one.
(b) Two Sherpas.
(c) Jon Krakauer.
(d) Steve Mills.
2. What does Dan learn about as much as possible?
(a) Beck's medical condition.
(b) The situation that led to Beck's almost dying.
(c) The other climbers' fates.
(d) How Beck and Peach felt towards each other.
3. What advice did the group at base camp receive?
(a) To ready Beck for a rescue sled team.
(b) To keep Beck from warming up and a doctor would be there soon.
(c) To ask Beck if he wanted to be given a morphine overdose since he would die in agony otherwise.
(d) To leave Beck since he would die anyway.
4. Why didn't Beck join the group that was headed down the mountain?
(a) He still planned to reach the summit.
(b) He was waiting for his guide to return.
(c) He was delirious.
(d) He did not think they were competent.
5. Why did Beck decide to stay put for a while?
(a) He lost a mitten.
(b) He needed to use more oxygen.
(c) His boot sole broke off.
(d) He lost his vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet above sea level was the base camp?
2. What is something else besides his hands that Beck lost?
3. Why did Beck feel guilty?
4. What did Beck appreciate more after his experience on Everest?
5. What is the setting at the opening of Chapter 2?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)