|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beck say he blamed for his unhappiness?
(a) His job.
(b) His children.
(d) His inability to relax.
2. What was unusual about the conversation with Beck on Monday from Peach's point of view?
(a) Beck wanted to talk with his family.
(b) Beck seemed so well.
(c) Beck asked about her feelings.
(d) Nothing was unusual.
3. Why did Beck try different challenges in the early years of his marriage?
(a) Unhappiness in his marriage.
(b) Harold challenged him to do so.
(c) His brother challeneged him to do so.
(d) He had a lot of vacation.
4. What type of climbing was trickier than Beck realized?
(b) Rock climbing.
(c) Glacier climbing.
(d) Crevasse climbing.
5. How does Beck get out of his sleeping bag?
(a) The winds from the storm.
(b) He is unable to get out of his sleeping bag.
(c) Two medical doctors arrive and take him out.
(d) He gets out in order to get more food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peach say Beck's obsession with climbing was doing?
2. Where did Beck spend his early years?
3. What had Peach planned to tell Beck after his climbing Mount Everest before Beck was injured?
4. With whom did Beck learn about mountaineering?
5. Who helped Beck fight sleep?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)