1. What is the date when the book opens?
(a) August, 1994.
(b) May, 1999.
(c) June, 1995.
(d) May, 1996.
2. Where is Beck Weathers trapped?
(a) No Man's Land, Mount Everest.
(b) Climber's Hollow, Mount Everest.
(c) Death Zone, Mount Everest.
(d) Life Zone, Mount Everest.
3. Who is with Beck Weathers?
(a) No one.
(b) His wife and a Sherpa guide.
(c) His best friend.
(d) Dozens of climbers.
4. How low did the temperature go where Beck trapped?
(a) Minus sixty degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) Two degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) Twenty degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) Minus five degrees Fahrenheit.
5. What was Beck descending?
(a) The Rectangle below Camp Three.
(b) The Square above Camp Five.
(c) The Triangle above Camp Four.
(d) The Circle above Camp Two.
6. What was the weather like eighteen hours earlier than when the book opens?
7. How many in Beck's group made it to the summit?
8. What does Peach say Beck's obsession with climbing was doing?
(a) Making him unhappy.
(b) Making them poor.
(c) Breaking up their family.
(d) Giving him a way to get out of his depression.
This section contains 4,751 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)