• Beck Weathers is trapped in the Death Zone in an unexpected blizzard on Mt. Everest with many other climbers.
• Six of Beck's group actually made the summit, and of those six, only two survived the storm.
• Beck felt optimistic in the morning at the start of the final push for the summit when the day is clear and calm.
• As Beck lies above Triangle Camp during the blizzard, he reflected upon the fact that he started climbing to fight depression.
• Beck writes that he was left for dead, and his wife notified of his death after rescue persons determined he was mortally ill and left him.
• Beck described his arrival at Katmandu and meeting with another climber who connected due to their similar interests.
• Beck described the trek to their base camp along the Khumbu trail where they see evidence of the dangers of their imminent...
This section contains 2,075 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)