|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve remind Buck of in their conversation at the beginning of Chapter 24?
2. What does Steve do to get Buck past the authorities in Chapter 16?
3. What does Eric Miller do in Chapter 16?
4. How long does the meal take in Chapter 21?
5. What does Hattie ask Buck for in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Rayford, Chloe, Hattie and Buck have dinner in Chapter 21?
2. What does Buck find amazing about Rayford, according to Chapter 22?
3. What does Buck ask Steve about in regards to Nicolae in Chapter 24?
4. What theory does Nicolae offer when asked about the disappearances in Chapter 14?
5. What do Rayford and Chloe discover when they return from Atlanta in Chapter 14?
6. Why is Buck going to Chicago, according to Chapter 22?
7. How is Nicolae’s speech at the U.N. received, according to Chapter 13?
8. What happens to the two preachers at the Wailing Wall in Chapter 18?
9. How does Buck escape the authorities in Chapter 16?
10. What does Chloe want Rayford to get for her when they return from Atlanta in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Christianity. What are the basic beliefs of Christianity? What is the role of Christianity in the story of Left Behind?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Buck’s feelings about Nicolae with Steve’s feelings about Nicolae. How are they the same? How are they different? Who is right? How do you know?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Rayford Steele. How does he change as the story progresses? What is his role in the story of Left Behind? What relationships does he have with other characters in the story?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)