|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce believe about Nicolae, according to Chapter 23?
(a) He is a pawn in Stonagal's schemes
(b) He will bring world peace to the globe
(c) The he is the Antichrist
(d) His heart is in the right place, but his decisions are misguided
2. What does Chloe tell Rayford at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) She is trying to make a decision
(b) She does not believe in God
(c) She is going back to California
(d) She wants to try to find Irene and Raymie
3. Where are two men preaching, according to Chapter 17?
(a) Along Route 66
(b) At Calvary
(c) Outside the White House
(d) At the Wailing Wall
4. Who is with Hattie when she meets Rayford and Chloe in Chapter 20?
5. Why does Buck have to go to Chicago, according to Chapter 22?
(a) To interview Chaim Rosenzweig
(b) To hire a manager for the Global Weekly office there
(c) To open a Global Weekly office there
(d) His new position is based out of Chicago
6. What did the neighbors see parked outside Rayford’s home, according to Chapter 14?
(a) A repair van
(b) A white van with no windows
(c) A flower delivery truck
(d) A dark sedan
7. What message does Hattie leave for Buck, according to the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) To meet for drinks
(b) To give her more information about her family
(c) That she heard he was dead, but didn't believe it
(d) To call her back
8. What happens to Buck at the press conference in Chapter 14?
(a) He is arrested
(b) He is asked for autographs
(c) People begin to recognize him
(d) He is given a note with a story lead from an anonymous source
9. What is Rayford’s story to Hattie about in Chapter 20?
(a) His transformation
(b) Chloe's childhood
(c) His feelings for her
(d) His marriage
10. Who does Steve tell Buck that Nicolae wants to see in Chapter 23?
11. What conflict does Buck have within himself at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) Whether or not to continue working from Chicago or go back to New York
(b) Whether or not to take Hattie to meet Nicolae
(c) Whether or not to ask Chloe to dinner
(d) Whether or not to commit to Christ
12. What is promised to Buck when he agrees to take the new job position in Chapter 18?
(a) A bigger expense account
(b) A new car
(c) Any salary he wants
(d) Access to Nicolae
13. What does Eric Miller do in Chapter 16?
(a) Offers Buck a job
(b) Acts as an assistant to Buck while he is meeting with Nicolae
(c) Arrests Buck
(d) Starts an altercation with Buck
14. What does Rayford suspect about Hattie at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) She will not show up
(b) She is involved with Bruce
(c) She is in love with Buck
(d) She is at risk for committing suicide
15. What is the reality Buck is faced with at the end of Chapter 21?
(a) His family is truly gone
(b) The existence of God
(c) Nicolae's being right
(d) His own mortality
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buck do when Rayford has finished his story in Chapter 21?
2. What is Rayford afraid of in regards to Chloe, according to Chapter 13?
3. Who does Buck introduce Nicolae to in Chapter 18?
4. What does Steve do to get Buck past the authorities in Chapter 16?
5. What does Bruce think will start in six months, according to Chapter 17?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)