|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the neighbors see parked outside Rayford’s home, according to Chapter 14?
(a) A flower delivery truck
(b) A repair van
(c) A dark sedan
(d) A white van with no windows
2. What does Bruce think will start in six months, according to Chapter 17?
(a) A one-world church
(b) World War III
(c) Mass suicides
(d) The changing of the weather
3. Where does Rayford have dinner in Chapter 21?
(a) The Pan Con Club
(b) The Airport Bistro
(c) The Plaza Hotel
(d) The Carlisle Hotel
4. What conflict does Buck have within himself at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) Whether or not to ask Chloe to dinner
(b) Whether or not to commit to Christ
(c) Whether or not to continue working from Chicago or go back to New York
(d) Whether or not to take Hattie to meet Nicolae
5. What does Bruce arrange in Chapter 17?
(a) An emergency meeting of the church's core group
(b) A new video to be recorded
(c) A counseling session with Chloe
(d) A meeting between Rayford and Hattie
6. Where are Rayford and Chloe going in Chapter 22?
(a) New York
(b) Back to California
(c) Back to Chicago
7. What does Steve do to get Buck past the authorities in Chapter 16?
(a) He causes a distraction
(b) He bribes the authorities
(c) He calls in a favor
(d) He impersonates Buck
8. What is Eric Miller’s occupation?
(c) TV producer
9. What kind of answer does Nicolae give when he is asked about his take on the disappearances?
(a) He refuses to comment
(b) A scientific-based one
(c) He gives vague half-answers
(d) He supports the theory of the Rapture, but does not make a big deal out of it
10. Who does Rayford call while he is waiting for Hattie in Chapter 19?
11. What does Eric Miller do in Chapter 16?
(a) Acts as an assistant to Buck while he is meeting with Nicolae
(b) Starts an altercation with Buck
(c) Arrests Buck
(d) Offers Buck a job
12. What does Rayford decide to tell Chloe about at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) His feelings about Chloe's choices
(b) The fact that he filed divorce papers before the disappearance
(c) His attraction to Hattie
(d) His plan to leave Chicago
13. Where does Carpathia speak at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) The White House
(b) Capitol Hill
(c) The United Nations
(d) British Parliament
14. What does Buck risk at his meeting with Nicolae, according to Chapter 24?
(a) His soul
(b) His family's safety
(c) His career
(d) His reputation
15. What is Rayford afraid of in regards to Chloe, according to Chapter 13?
(a) She will stop speaking to him
(b) She will return to California
(c) She will not be able ot cope with her mother and her brother's disappearances
(d) She will wait too long to be saved
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chloe react to Rayford’s story in Chapter 13?
2. What do Buck and Chloe do in Chapter 20?
3. What business does Buck tend to at the beginning of Chapter 23?
4. What does Rayford suspect about Hattie at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What is promised to Buck when he agrees to take the new job position in Chapter 18?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)