|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is an answer to Chloe’s prayer in Chapter 22?
2. What does Rayford do out of desperation in Chapter 16?
(a) He quits his job
(b) He prays for Chloe's salvation
(c) He sells his home
(d) He devers communication with Hattie
3. What does Rayford ask Hattie, according to Chapter 13?
(a) To stay with Rayford while she tries to reach her family
(b) To have dinner with Rayford and Chloe
(c) To stop flying with him
(d) To be nice to Chloe
4. What happens to Buck at the press conference in Chapter 14?
(a) He is asked for autographs
(b) He is arrested
(c) People begin to recognize him
(d) He is given a note with a story lead from an anonymous source
5. Why does Buck need to avoid the police in Chapter 15?
(a) Because they know he is there without an invitation
(b) Because he stole a car
(c) So he will not be extradited back to London
(d) So he can keep his digital recorder
6. Who does Rayford call while he is waiting for Hattie in Chapter 19?
7. What does Buck do when Rayford has finished his story in Chapter 21?
(a) Takes notes and asks if they are ordering dessert
(b) Asks Rayford how he can be so sure
(c) Bursts into tears
(d) Thanks him for dinner and leaves
8. What does Buck risk at his meeting with Nicolae, according to Chapter 24?
(a) His reputation
(b) His family's safety
(c) His soul
(d) His career
9. What does Rayford say he will do at dinner, according to the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Tell Chloe she can go back to California if she wants to
(b) Make a decision about staying in Chicago
(c) Pray with all three of them
(d) Give Buck the same speech he gave Hattie
10. Where are Rayford and Chloe going in Chapter 22?
(a) New York
(b) Back to Chicago
(c) Back to California
11. What does Rayford decide to tell Chloe about at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) His plan to leave Chicago
(b) The fact that he filed divorce papers before the disappearance
(c) His feelings about Chloe's choices
(d) His attraction to Hattie
12. Who does Buck go meet in Chapter 18?
13. How long does the meal take in Chapter 21?
(a) Two hours
(b) Twenty minutes
(c) Four hours
(d) Three hours
14. What does Bruce arrange in Chapter 17?
(a) A new video to be recorded
(b) A counseling session with Chloe
(c) An emergency meeting of the church's core group
(d) A meeting between Rayford and Hattie
15. What does Buck believe about Nicolae, according to Chapter 24?
(a) He is the Antichrist
(b) He is genuinely an atheist
(c) He is making a political mistake
(d) He is similar to Buck himself
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Rayford and Chloe at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. Where does Carpathia speak at the end of Chapter 13?
3. What is Buck thinking about at the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. What do Buck and Chloe do in Chapter 20?
5. What does Hattie ask Buck for in Chapter 17?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)