|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buck intend to get to New York, according to the end of Chapter 5?
(a) By train
(b) On a private flight
(c) He decides to remain where he is
(d) On Rayford's next flight
2. What is Rayford Steele’s occupation?
(c) Flight attendant
(d) Airline pilot
3. Who or what does Rayford watch the videotape with?
(c) A photo of his family
(d) Irene's Bible
4. What regret does Rayford have in Chapter 7?
(a) Keeping his daughter from going to church
(b) Waiting too long to understand Irene's testimony
(c) Not letting Jesus into his life
(d) Laughing at his wife
5. Where does Buck arrive at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(d) New York
6. What does Rayford know as soon as he gets home in Chapter 4?
(a) The world is going to be destroyed
(b) Someone has broken in
(c) His wife and son are with his mother-in-law
(d) His wife and son are missing
7. Where does Buck arrive at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) His office
(b) A hotel in New York
(c) His home
(d) His father's home
8. What does Alan tell Buck about Dirk’s death in Chapter 10?
(a) It was exactly as it appears
(b) It was not an accident
(c) It was not suicide
(d) It was faked
9. What is Hattie Durham’s occupation?
(a) Flight attendant
(d) Airline pilot
10. What does Buck learn about Dirk in Chapter 9?
(a) He is in the hospital
(b) He is working for Carpathia
(c) He will not speak to Buck anymore
(d) He is dead
11. What call does Buck make in the pub in Chapter 10?
(a) To make hotel arrangements
(b) To make arrangements to leave London
(c) To his boss to end his pursuit of the story
(d) To his boss to ask for a deadline extension
12. What does Buck decide to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Speak to a friend at Scotland Yard
(b) Contact Dirk's family
(c) Contact Rayford
(d) Quit his job
13. What advice does Alan give Buck in Chapter 10?
(a) Be careful about pursuing the story
(b) Stay and help him get to the bottom of Dirk's death
(c) Not to pursue the story
(d) Remember who he works for
14. What story is Buck working on at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The unifying of the United States and the United Kingdom
(b) The death of the English prime minister
(c) The one-world government
(d) Buck has not divulged to anyone what story he is following up on
15. Who does Buck discover is alive and well at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His wife
(b) His own family
(c) Hattie's family
(d) Rayford's family
Short Answer Questions
2. What is Buck Williams’s occupation?
3. Who calls Rayford at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What kind of story was Buck planning to pursue in London?
5. What does Buck discover when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)