|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Buck Williams’s occupation?
(a) Airline pilot
(b) Flight attendant
2. Where is Rayford at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) At his family's former church
(b) At home
(c) On the road toward home
(d) At the aiport
3. What regret does Rayford have in Chapter 7?
(a) Not letting Jesus into his life
(b) Keeping his daughter from going to church
(c) Laughing at his wife
(d) Waiting too long to understand Irene's testimony
4. What does Rayford read in Chapter 7?
(a) His Bible
(b) A book by Jerry B. Jenkins
(c) Articles online
(d) Irene's Bible
5. Who is going to fly Buck to New York, according to Chapter 7?
(a) No one; he is taking a train
(b) Rayford Steele
(c) Hattie Durham
(d) Ken Ritz
6. What does Buck promise to Hattie in Chapter 2?
(a) To make contact with her family members
(b) To give her a ride home when the plane lands
(c) To have dinner with her
(d) To let her stay in his apartment until she can get home
7. What genre is Left Behind?
(a) Speculative fiction
(b) Christian fiction
(c) Historical fiction
(d) Short fiction
8. What is Hattie Durham’s occupation?
(b) Flight attendant
(c) Airline pilot
9. What does Alan tell Buck about Dirk’s death in Chapter 10?
(a) It was exactly as it appears
(b) It was not suicide
(c) It was not an accident
(d) It was faked
10. Who wants to meet with Buck in Chapter 12?
(a) Rayford Steele
(b) Nicolae Carpathia
(c) Nicolae Carpathia
(d) Chaim Rosenzweig
11. What does Chloe think about Rayford’s theory of the disappearances in Chapter 9?
(a) She does not react
(b) It is far-fetched
(c) It is the only real explanation
(d) It is an invention of desperation
12. What influences Buck’s decision to visit his friend for more information, according to Chapter 5?
(a) He will also be able to visit his father
(b) The joining of the U.S. and the U.K. is the only way to prevent World War III
(c) The person behind the story is an American
(d) Chaim Rosenzweig suggests Buck be involved
13. How does Buck get information with his laptop in Chapter 2?
(a) He is unable to get information on his laptop
(b) By connecting his modem to his cell phone
(c) By connecting his modem to the air phone
(d) By e-mailing his boss
14. Where does Rayford go in the terminal in Chapter 3?
(a) The Transcontinental Club
(b) The Pan Con Club
(c) The airport bar
(d) His supervisor's office
15. What story does Bruce tell Rayford and Chloe in Chapter 11?
(a) The story of his conversion
(b) The story of how the church was disbanded
(c) The story of his family's disappearance
(d) The story of the former pastor
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Buck look up while waiting in line in Chapter 4?
2. Who wants to fly with Rayford, according to the end of Chapter 9?
3. What does Buck see outside as the plane lands in Chapter 2?
4. What is the rumor revealed in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Buck arrive at the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)