|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regret does Rayford have in Chapter 7?
(a) Laughing at his wife
(b) Waiting too long to understand Irene's testimony
(c) Keeping his daughter from going to church
(d) Not letting Jesus into his life
2. Where was Bruce at the time of the disappearances?
(b) At work
(c) In bed, reading
(d) At work, reading
3. What is Hattie Durham’s occupation?
(a) Flight attendant
(d) Airline pilot
4. From where is Nicolae Carpathia?
5. What influences Buck’s decision to visit his friend for more information, according to Chapter 5?
(a) Chaim Rosenzweig suggests Buck be involved
(b) He will also be able to visit his father
(c) The joining of the U.S. and the U.K. is the only way to prevent World War III
(d) The person behind the story is an American
6. What does Alan tell Buck about Dirk’s death in Chapter 10?
(a) It was faked
(b) It was not an accident
(c) It was exactly as it appears
(d) It was not suicide
7. What does Buck throw into the fire at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Alan's identification
(b) His laptop
(c) His own identification
(d) His story notes
8. Why do the passengers have to walk to the terminal in Chapter 2?
(a) The airport is backed up with flights
(b) The walkways have been destroyed
(c) The shuttle service is down
(d) The plane was unable to land on the runway
(a) His brother
(b) His niece
(c) His cousin
(d) His sister-in-law
10. How does Buck get information with his laptop in Chapter 2?
(a) He is unable to get information on his laptop
(b) By connecting his modem to his cell phone
(c) By connecting his modem to the air phone
(d) By e-mailing his boss
11. What does Bruce ask Rayford to join at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The church
(b) The newly-formed Chamber of Commerce
(c) A mailing list
(d) A prayer group
12. How does Hattie feel at the end of Chapter 8?
(b) This is not revealed
13. Whose life was threatened, according to Alan in Chapter 10?
14. What is the rumor revealed in Chapter 5?
(a) Everyone will move to a singular global currency
(b) The United States will join as part of the United Kingdom
(c) Germany's citizens have all been killed
(d) The Prime Minister of England has been assassinated, and the government is covering it up
15. Where does Buck arrive at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) His father's home
(b) His office
(c) A hotel in New York
(d) His home
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Steve Plank?
2. What does Rayford regret about his daughter in Chapter 6?
3. What call does Buck make in the pub in Chapter 10?
4. What does Buck learn about Dirk in Chapter 9?
5. What does Chloe think about Rayford’s theory of the disappearances in Chapter 9?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)