|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book of the Bible gives Rayford clues about the events going on in the world?
2. What does Buck promise to Hattie in Chapter 2?
(a) To have dinner with her
(b) To make contact with her family members
(c) To let her stay in his apartment until she can get home
(d) To give her a ride home when the plane lands
3. Where does Rayford call in Chapter 9?
(a) New Hope Village Church
(b) O'Hare Airport
(c) Saint Patrick's Cathedral in New York
(d) The Evangelical Church of God
4. What does Ken suggest about the people who disappeared?
(a) They were all involved in a conspiracy theory
(b) They were all of the same nationality
(c) They were all under the age of twelve or had unusual personalities
(d) They all have someone to miss them
5. Who does Rayford get news from about his daughter in Chapter 6?
(a) Her supervisor
(b) Her boyfriend
(c) Her academic advisor
(d) Her roommate
6. What is the rumor revealed in Chapter 5?
(a) Germany's citizens have all been killed
(b) Everyone will move to a singular global currency
(c) The Prime Minister of England has been assassinated, and the government is covering it up
(d) The United States will join as part of the United Kingdom
7. What does Rayford regret about his daughter in Chapter 6?
(a) That he is so angry with her still
(b) That he did not object to her moving so far away
(c) That he did not have a good relationship with her when he could have had one
(d) That she is not among the missing
8. What does Buck discover when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) He i the only passenger left on the plane
(b) There has been another bombing in Israel
(c) He has missed his deadline
(d) People around him are missing
9. What does Rayford think about what Bruce says in Chapter 11?
(a) It is a way for Bruce to have comfort in this difficult time
(b) It gives him hope
(c) It sounds far-fetched
(d) It is exactly what he has been looking for
10. What does Buck learn about Dirk in Chapter 9?
(a) He will not speak to Buck anymore
(b) He is working for Carpathia
(c) He is dead
(d) He is in the hospital
11. Whose life was threatened, according to Alan in Chapter 10?
12. What is Hattie Durham’s occupation?
(a) Flight attendant
(c) Airline pilot
13. What does Rayford want to know about in Chapter 7?
(a) The people who disappeared
(b) The Rapture
(c) Nicolae Carpathia
(d) Buck Williams
14. Who does Buck learn about his family from at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) His cousin
(b) His father
(c) His sister-in-law
(d) His brother
15. How does Buck intend to get to New York, according to the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He decides to remain where he is
(b) By train
(c) On a private flight
(d) On Rayford's next flight
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce ask Rayford to join at the end of Chapter 12?
2. Where is Rayford at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What does Chloe think about Rayford’s theory of the disappearances in Chapter 9?
4. What story is Buck working on at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. How do Buck’s colleagues feel about him at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)