|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, a character finally comes to accept what truth?
2. Don Rodrigue says that it is dishonorable to be what?
3. What does the Infanta tell Chimene, regarding honor?
4. In Act 5, Scene 1, which character says he needs to see Chimene again before he dies?
5. In Act 5, Scene 1, Chimene says the boldness of which character costs her honor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Infanta best represents the play's thematic statement that it is possible for love and honor to live in balance with each other. Give several examples of the Infanta's ability to balance honor with other considerations.
Essay Topic 2
Do you enjoy "Le Cid"? Why or why not? In your answer, consider matters of theme, characterization, plot, and entertainment value.
Essay Topic 3
Chimene and Don Rodrigue both say that without honor, they wouldn't be deserving of each others' love. Ironically, if they both uphold their sense of honor, they can never be together. Other than arranging a duel between Don Rodrigue and Don Sanche, how can Chimene and Don Rodrigue resolve their dilemma?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)