Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1, why does "Le Cid" expect to be defeated in the duel?
2. In Act 4, Scene 1, which two characters enter first?
3. Chimene says her feelings echo those of the people in what way?
4. Chimene is embarrassed when forced to admit what?
5. The Infanta says Chimene should no longer pursue vengeance for what reason?
Discuss the soliloquies in "Le Cid". Why are two of the soliloquies written in rhyming verse, as opposed to all other dialogue in the play? What is the effect of the rhyme on the audience? How do the soliloquies increase your knowledge of a character or advance the action?
List at least three examples in "Le Cid", in which a character chooses honor over love. Can you list at least three examples in "Le Cid" in which a character disregards honor in favor of some other principle, such as love or morality? Which decisions lead to the most desirable outcomes?
Do you enjoy "Le Cid"? Why or why not? In your answer, consider matters of theme, characterization, plot, and entertainment value.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)