|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event must be postponed for one year?
2. The King says that everything to do with whose death is forgotten?
3. Which character imagines he sees a ghost?
4. In Act 5, Scene 7, who enters with the Infanta?
5. In Act 5, Scene 3, the Infanta says she can never marry which character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Infanta best represents the play's thematic statement that it is possible for love and honor to live in balance with each other. Give several examples of the Infanta's ability to balance honor with other considerations.
Essay Topic 2
Do you enjoy "Le Cid"? Why or why not? In your answer, consider matters of theme, characterization, plot, and entertainment value.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the King choose Don Diegue to tutor his son, rather than Don Gomes? Do you agree with this choice? Discuss experience vs. skill, as the best quality for a tutor to possess.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)