|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 6, what does Chimene ask the King to do?
(a) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Sanche and marry Don Rodrigue.
(b) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Sanche and retire, unmarried, to a monastery.
(c) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Rodrigue and marry Don Sanche.
(d) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Rodrigue and retire, unmarried, to a monastery.
2. In Act 4, Scene 1, which two characters enter first?
(a) Chimene and Elvire.
(b) Elvire and the Infanta.
(c) Chimene and the Infanta.
(d) Chimene and Leonor.
3. In Act 5, Scene 5, who lays his sword at Chimene's feet?
(a) Don Sanche.
(b) Don Arias.
(c) Don Diegue.
(d) Don Rodrigue.
4. What lie does the King tell Chimene?
(a) Don Rodrigue is killed in battle.
(b) Don Diegue is killed in battle.
(c) Don Rodrigue surrenders in battle.
(d) Don Diegue surrenders in battle.
5. For what does "Le Cid" apologize to the King?
(a) For being in love with two women.
(b) For killing Chimine's father.
(c) For killing the Infanta's father.
(d) For taking over the leadership of the defense without the King's consent.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, Scene 5, where do the two characters decide to go?
2. In Act 4, Scene 1, which character says Don Rodrigue is afraid to appear before the King?
3. In what way is this soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2 similar to that of Don Rodrigue, in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. What is the meaning of "Le Cid"?
5. What does Don Diegue predict happens if Don Rodrigue is successful in battle?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)