|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers want Don Rodrigue to do, according to Don Diegue?
(a) Surrender to the King.
(b) Lead them in battle.
(c) Marry Chimene.
(d) Fight another duel.
2. For what does "Le Cid" apologize to the King?
(a) For killing the Infanta's father.
(b) For taking over the leadership of the defense without the King's consent.
(c) For killing Chimine's father.
(d) For being in love with two women.
3. Why does the Infanta say the King believes Don Gomes' glory as a warrior lives again?
(a) Don Gomes is victorious in battle.
(b) Don Gomes and his son are victorious in battle.
(c) Don Diegue is victorious in battle.
(d) Don Rodrigue is victorious in battle.
4. When Don Rodrigue enters in Act 3, Scene 5, what does Don Diegue believe?
(a) That he loses his mind.
(b) That Don Rodrigue plans to kill him.
(c) That Don Rodrigue marries the Infanta.
(d) That Don Rodrigue marries Chimene.
5. Which character imagines he sees a ghost?
(a) Don Diegue.
(b) Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Gomes.
(d) Don Alonse.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soldiers, now gathered to defend the kingdom, originally come together for what purpose?
2. In Act 4, Scene 1, which character says Don Rodrigue is afraid to appear before the King?
3. Referring to "Le Cid", the King says not everyone who "does his duty" does so with such what?
4. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5, what does Don Diegue do?
5. In Act 5, Scene 1, which two characters agree to duel for the hand of Chimene?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)