|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leonor says which character is outmatched in the duel?
(a) "Le Cid".
(b) Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Sanche.
(d) Don Arias.
2. Why does Elvire say that Chimene should be happy no matter who wins the duel?
(a) Either her father is avenged or her lover is dead.
(b) Either her father is avenged or her lover survives.
(c) Either her father is un-avenged or her lover is dead.
(d) Either her father is un-avenged or her lover survives.
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Chimene urge the Infanta to do?
(a) Be happy like everyone else.
(b) Prepare for another duel.
(c) Help with wedding plans.
(d) Be wary that the invasion may not be over.
4. According to the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, what outlasts and transcends hate?
5. Who tells Chimene that the kingdom has successfully repelled the invaders?
(a) Don Diegue.
(d) The Infanta.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 5, who accompanies Chimene to see the King?
2. What event must be postponed for one year?
3. What is the meaning of "Le Cid"?
4. In Act 5, Scene 5, who lays his sword at Chimene's feet?
5. What does Chimene say happens to "Le Cid's" honor if he loses the duel?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)