|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leonor says Chimene chooses Don Sanche to fight for her in the duel for what reason?
(a) He avenges the death of Chimene's father.
(b) He is outmatched by Don Arias.
(c) He wins Chimene's hand in marriage.
(d) He is outmatched by Don Rodrigue.
2. In Act 5, Scene 1, which two characters agree to duel for the hand of Chimene?
(a) Don Arias and Don Rodrigue.
(b) Don Sanche and Don Diegue.
(c) Don Rodrigue and Don Sanche.
(d) Don Diegue and Don Arias.
3. Who apologizes to the King for speaking rashly?
(a) Don Sanche.
(b) Don Rodrigue.
(d) The Infanta.
4. At the end of Act 3, Scene 5, where do the two characters decide to go?
(a) To see Chimene.
(b) To fight a duel.
(c) To observe the invading ships.
(d) To see the King.
5. What does the Infanta tell Chimene, regarding honor?
(a) It's a greater honor to sacrifice the public good in the name of fulfilling individual desire.
(b) It's a greater honor to sacrifice an individual desire in the name of fulfilling the public good.
(c) Glory is more important than honor.
(d) Honor is more important than glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 5, who lays his sword at Chimene's feet?
2. In Act 5, Scene 7, who enters with the Infanta?
3. Why does Elvire say that Chimene should be happy no matter who wins the duel?
4. At the end of Act 5, Scene 3, who does the Infanta ask to accompany her on a visit to Chimene?
5. The soldiers, now gathered to defend the kingdom, originally come together for what purpose?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)