|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Don Rodrigue feel remorseful?
(a) For dishonoring the King.
(b) For driving Chimene away.
(c) For being clumsy in his duel.
(d) For failing to predict an invasion.
2. In Act 5, Scene 1, which character says he needs to see Chimene again before he dies?
(a) Don Diegue.
(b) Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Sanche.
(d) Don Arias.
3. Chimene says "Le Cid" should be as determined to defend his own honor as he is to defend what?
(a) Don Gomes' honor.
(b) His father's honor.
(c) The Infanta's honor.
(d) Chimene's honor.
4. Chimene is embarrassed when forced to admit what?
(a) She wants Don Rodrigue to win her hand in the duel.
(b) She wants Don Diegue to win her hand in the duel.
(c) She wants Don Sanche to win her hand in the duel.
(d) She wants Don Arias to win her hand in the duel.
5. In Act 4, Scene 5, who accompanies Chimene to see the King?
(a) Don Sanche.
(c) "Le Cid".
(d) Don Diegue.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soldiers, now gathered to defend the kingdom, originally come together for what purpose?
2. What does "Le Cid" believe people say if he dies in the duel?
3. By the end of Act 5, Scene 3, why does the Infanta say she no longer loves Don Rodrigue?
4. Which character says there is no such thing as perfect happiness?
5. By the end of the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, a character finally comes to accept what truth?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)