|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 6, what does Chimene ask the King to do?
(a) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Sanche and marry Don Rodrigue.
(b) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Sanche and retire, unmarried, to a monastery.
(c) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Rodrigue and marry Don Sanche.
(d) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Rodrigue and retire, unmarried, to a monastery.
2. The Infanta says she no longer loves Don Rodrigue, but instead loves who?
(a) "Le Cid".
(b) Don Diegue.
(c) Don Arias.
(d) Don Sanche.
3. Referring to "Le Cid", the King says not everyone who "does his duty" does so with such what?
4. Chimene says that if "Le Cid" dies in the duel, what quickly is forgotten?
(a) "Le Cid's" love for Chimene.
(b) "Le Cid's" cowardice.
(c) "Le Cid's" brilliant victory in battle.
(d) "Le Cid's" defeat in battle.
5. What does Don Diegue predict happens if Don Rodrigue is successful in battle?
(a) The King reduces his time in prison.
(b) The King pardons him and Chimene no longer seeks revenge.
(c) The King pardons him and the Infanta is his bride.
(d) The King appoints him as tutor for his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 5, Scene 3, who does the Infanta ask to accompany her on a visit to Chimene?
2. Leonor says which character is outmatched in the duel?
3. When the Infanta enters, in Act 4, Scene 2, what does she offer?
4. What does Chimene fear more than the dishonor of her father's death not being avenged?
5. In Act 5, Scene 6, who enters with the King?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)