|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chimene say happens to "Le Cid's" honor if he loses the duel?
(a) His honor transfers to the victor.
(b) His honor becomes his shame.
(c) His honor multiplies.
(d) His honor is destroyed.
2. Leonor says Chimene chooses Don Sanche to fight for her in the duel for what reason?
(a) He is outmatched by Don Arias.
(b) He avenges the death of Chimene's father.
(c) He wins Chimene's hand in marriage.
(d) He is outmatched by Don Rodrigue.
3. Referring to "Le Cid", the King says not everyone who "does his duty" does so with such what?
4. Which character imagines he sees a ghost?
(a) Don Diegue.
(b) Don Alonse.
(c) Don Rodrigue.
(d) Don Gomes.
5. Why does the King lie to Chimene?
(a) He wishes to help the Infanta.
(b) He wishes to test her love for Don Diegue.
(c) He wishes to test her love for Don Sanche.
(d) He wishes to test her love for Don Rodrigue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main idea presented in the soliloquy at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
2. Why does Don Rodrigue feel remorseful?
3. In Act 5, Scene 7, who enters with the Infanta?
4. When Don Rodrigue enters in Act 3, Scene 5, what does Don Diegue believe?
5. Why does Chimene need to be saved from Don Sanche?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)