|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event must be postponed for one year?
(a) The imprisonment of Don Sanche.
(b) The release of the defeated kings.
(c) The imprisonment of Don Rodrigue.
(d) The wedding.
2. What is the meaning of "Le Cid"?
(a) The prince.
(b) The victorious.
(c) The warrior.
(d) The king.
3. The King says that everything to do with whose death is forgotten?
(a) Don Diegue.
(b) The invading kings.
(c) Don Gomes.
(d) Don Rodrigue.
4. Why does Elvire say that Chimene should be happy no matter who wins the duel?
(a) Either her father is un-avenged or her lover survives.
(b) Either her father is un-avenged or her lover is dead.
(c) Either her father is avenged or her lover survives.
(d) Either her father is avenged or her lover is dead.
5. In Act 5, Scene 6, what does Chimene ask the King to do?
(a) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Sanche and marry Don Rodrigue.
(b) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Rodrigue and marry Don Sanche.
(c) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Rodrigue and retire, unmarried, to a monastery.
(d) Allow her to give her wealth to Don Sanche and retire, unmarried, to a monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Infanta says she no longer loves Don Rodrigue, but instead loves who?
2. For what does "Le Cid" apologize to the King?
3. Chimene says "Le Cid" should be as determined to defend his own honor as he is to defend what?
4. Why does the Infanta say the King believes Don Gomes' glory as a warrior lives again?
5. At the end of Act 5, Scene 3, the Infanta wants to reassure Chimene by telling her what?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)