|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 1, which character says Don Rodrigue is afraid to appear before the King?
(d) The Infanta.
2. What does Chimene fear more than the dishonor of her father's death not being avenged?
(a) Becoming Don Rodrigue's wife.
(b) Becoming Don Diegue's wife.
(c) Becoming Don Arias' wife.
(d) Becoming Don Sanche's wife.
3. In what way is this soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2 similar to that of Don Rodrigue, in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Both are spoken in the company of other characters.
(b) Both contain plans to deceive other characters.
(c) Both are in verse.
(d) Both contain regrets about unrequited love.
4. The Infanta says Chimene should no longer pursue vengeance for what reason?
(a) Vengeance means death to Chimene.
(b) Vengeance destroys Chimene's chance for true love.
(c) Vengeance means death to the Infanta.
(d) Vengeance means danger and imminent destruction for the city.
5. Leonor says which character is outmatched in the duel?
(a) Don Arias.
(b) Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Sanche.
(d) "Le Cid".
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Act 5, Scene 3, why does the Infanta say she no longer loves Don Rodrigue?
2. At the end of Act 5, Scene 3, who does the Infanta ask to accompany her on a visit to Chimene?
3. Which character says he loves Chimene so much that her desire is his?
4. What does the King say to Chimene, following the duel?
5. What does Chimene say happens to "Le Cid's" honor if he loses the duel?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)