|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Chimene say she does not have the right to make?
(a) To let Don Diegue live because she loves him.
(b) To let Don Rodrigue live for the good of all.
(c) To let Don Rodrigue live because she loves him.
(d) To let Don Diegue live for the good of all.
2. In Act 4, Scene 1, which two characters enter first?
(a) Chimene and the Infanta.
(b) Chimene and Elvire.
(c) Chimene and Leonor.
(d) Elvire and the Infanta.
3. For what does "Le Cid" apologize to the King?
(a) For killing the Infanta's father.
(b) For taking over the leadership of the defense without the King's consent.
(c) For being in love with two women.
(d) For killing Chimine's father.
4. By the end of the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, a character finally comes to accept what truth?
(a) Chimene does not want help from the Infanta.
(b) Don Rodrigue and Chimene are still in love.
(c) Don Rodrigue must be imprisoned.
(d) The kingdom is about to be invaded.
5. Leonor says Chimene chooses Don Sanche to fight for her in the duel for what reason?
(a) He is outmatched by Don Rodrigue.
(b) He avenges the death of Chimene's father.
(c) He wins Chimene's hand in marriage.
(d) He is outmatched by Don Arias.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Chimene urge the Infanta to do?
2. What lie does the King tell Chimene?
3. According to the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, what outlasts and transcends hate?
4. In Act 5, Scene 6, who enters with the King?
5. Which character imagines he sees a ghost?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)