|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldiers, now gathered to defend the kingdom, originally come together for what purpose?
(a) To witness the duel between Don Rodrigue and Don Gomes.
(b) To fight to defend Don Diegue's honor.
(c) To attend the wedding of Don Rodrigue and Chimene.
(d) To fight to defend Don Gomes' honor.
2. In Act 5, Scene 5, who lays his sword at Chimene's feet?
(a) Don Rodrigue.
(b) Don Arias.
(c) Don Diegue.
(d) Don Sanche.
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Chimene urge the Infanta to do?
(a) Help with wedding plans.
(b) Prepare for another duel.
(c) Be happy like everyone else.
(d) Be wary that the invasion may not be over.
4. At the end of Act 5, Scene 3, the Infanta wants to reassure Chimene by telling her what?
(a) That Don Rodrigue is hers.
(b) That Don Sanche is dead.
(c) That Don Rodrigue is dead.
(d) That Don Sanche is hers.
5. In Act 5, Scene 1, Chimene says the boldness of which character costs her honor?
(a) Don Sanche.
(b) Don Diegue.
(c) Don Arias.
(d) Don Rodrigue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of "Le Cid"?
2. What does Chimene say happens to "Le Cid's" honor if he loses the duel?
3. Don Rodrigue says that it is dishonorable to be what?
4. Which character imagines he sees a ghost?
5. Chimene says her feelings differ from those of the people in what way?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)