|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 5, who lays his sword at Chimene's feet?
(a) Don Arias.
(b) Don Sanche.
(c) Don Rodrigue.
(d) Don Diegue.
2. What lie does the King tell Chimene?
(a) Don Rodrigue surrenders in battle.
(b) Don Rodrigue is killed in battle.
(c) Don Diegue surrenders in battle.
(d) Don Diegue is killed in battle.
3. According to the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, what outlasts and transcends hate?
4. Chimene says her feelings differ from those of the people in what way?
(a) She doubts the victory is final.
(b) She wants to postpone the wedding.
(c) She wants to cancel the duel.
(d) She still desires revenge.
5. What does the Infanta tell Chimene, regarding honor?
(a) Glory is more important than honor.
(b) It's a greater honor to sacrifice an individual desire in the name of fulfilling the public good.
(c) Honor is more important than glory.
(d) It's a greater honor to sacrifice the public good in the name of fulfilling individual desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. The imagined ghost is the likeness of which character?
2. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Chimene urge the Infanta to do?
3. According to "Le Cid", how does the battle ultimately end?
4. The King says that everything to do with whose death is forgotten?
5. Which character says there is no such thing as perfect happiness?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)