|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 5, Scene 3, the Infanta wants to reassure Chimene by telling her what?
(a) That Don Sanche is hers.
(b) That Don Sanche is dead.
(c) That Don Rodrigue is dead.
(d) That Don Rodrigue is hers.
2. According to "Le Cid", how does the battle ultimately end?
(a) All of the invaders are killed.
(b) Many of the invaders flee, and the battle ends because there is no one to fight.
(c) The invaders capture most of "Le Cid's" men.
(d) The invaders agreed to join "Le Cid's" army.
3. The imagined ghost is the likeness of which character?
(a) Don Alonse.
(b) Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Gomes.
(d) Don Diegue.
4. In Act 5, Scene 3, who suggests that the Infanta must find peace?
(b) The King.
5. Why does the King lie to Chimene?
(a) He wishes to test her love for Don Diegue.
(b) He wishes to help the Infanta.
(c) He wishes to test her love for Don Rodrigue.
(d) He wishes to test her love for Don Sanche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chimene say happens to "Le Cid's" honor if he loses the duel?
2. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5, what does Don Diegue do?
3. At the end of Act 5, Scene 3, who does the Infanta ask to accompany her on a visit to Chimene?
4. In Act 4, Scene 1, which two characters enter first?
5. Don Diegue says that Don Rodrigue equals the achievements of Don Diegue's whole lifetime with what?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)