|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does "Le Cid" apologize to the King?
(a) For killing the Infanta's father.
(b) For killing Chimine's father.
(c) For taking over the leadership of the defense without the King's consent.
(d) For being in love with two women.
2. The King says that everything to do with whose death is forgotten?
(a) Don Rodrigue.
(b) Don Diegue.
(c) The invading kings.
(d) Don Gomes.
3. In Act 5, Scene 4, why does Chimene say she is unhappy no matter who wins the duel?
(a) Either her father is un-avenged or her lover survives.
(b) Either her father is un-avenged or her lover is dead.
(c) Either her father is avenged or her lover is dead.
(d) Either her father is avenged or her lover survives.
4. What does the Infanta tell Chimene, regarding honor?
(a) Glory is more important than honor.
(b) It's a greater honor to sacrifice the public good in the name of fulfilling individual desire.
(c) It's a greater honor to sacrifice an individual desire in the name of fulfilling the public good.
(d) Honor is more important than glory.
5. When the Infanta enters, in Act 4, Scene 2, what does she offer?
(a) Sympathy for the captured kings.
(b) Sympathy for Chimene's grief.
(c) Forgiveness for Chimene's actions.
(d) A message from the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1, why does "Le Cid" expect to be defeated in the duel?
2. What decision does Chimene say she does not have the right to make?
3. What lie does the King tell Chimene?
4. At the end of Act 5, Scene 3, the Infanta wants to reassure Chimene by telling her what?
5. The Infanta says Chimene should no longer pursue vengeance for what reason?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)