|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chimene say happens to "Le Cid's" honor if he loses the duel?
(a) His honor is destroyed.
(b) His honor becomes his shame.
(c) His honor transfers to the victor.
(d) His honor multiplies.
2. How many invading kings are captured?
3. What event must be postponed for one year?
(a) The wedding.
(b) The imprisonment of Don Sanche.
(c) The release of the defeated kings.
(d) The imprisonment of Don Rodrigue.
4. What does the King say to Chimene, following the duel?
(a) Her honor is saved, but her father is not avenged and she can never marry.
(b) Her honor is saved and her father is avenged, but she can never marry.
(c) Her honor is damaged, but her father is avenged and she can live happily with her beloved.
(d) Her honor is saved, her father is avenged, and she can live happily with her beloved.
5. In Act 4, Scene 5, who accompanies Chimene to see the King?
(a) Don Sanche.
(b) "Le Cid".
(c) Don Diegue.
Short Answer Questions
1. The King says that, given the actions of "Le Cid", he treats Chimene in what manner?
2. In Act 5, Scene 2, which character speaks in soliloquy?
3. Why does the Infanta say the King believes Don Gomes' glory as a warrior lives again?
4. The King orders which character to assume the title, role, and responsibilities of "Le Cid" at the end of the play?
5. By the end of the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, a character finally comes to accept what truth?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)