Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1, why does "Le Cid" expect to be defeated in the duel?
(a) He is weak, recovering from injuries suffered in battle.
(b) His opponent fights with honor on his side.
(c) His opponent is a greater warrior.
(d) He is prepared to die because Chimene desires his death.
2. In Act 4, Scene 1, which two characters enter first?
(a) Elvire and the Infanta.
(b) Chimene and the Infanta.
(c) Chimene and Leonor.
(d) Chimene and Elvire.
3. Chimene says her feelings echo those of the people in what way?
(a) She shares their joy and their faith in Don Diegue's strength and courage.
(b) She shares their fear and their faith in Don Diegue's resolve.
(c) She shares their fear and their faith in Don Rodrigue's resolve.
(d) She shares their joy and their faith in Don Rodrigue's strength and courage.
4. Chimene is embarrassed when forced to admit what?
(a) She wants Don Sanche to win her hand in the duel.
(b) She wants Don Rodrigue to win her hand in the duel.
(c) She wants Don Arias to win her hand in the duel.
(d) She wants Don Diegue to win her hand in the duel.
5. The Infanta says Chimene should no longer pursue vengeance for what reason?
(a) Vengeance means death to the Infanta.
(b) Vengeance means death to Chimene.
(c) Vengeance destroys Chimene's chance for true love.
(d) Vengeance means danger and imminent destruction for the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 6, who enters with the King?
2. Who tells Chimene that the kingdom has successfully repelled the invaders?
3. What does Chimene say happens to "Le Cid's" honor if he loses the duel?
4. By the end of the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, a character finally comes to accept what truth?
5. According to the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, what outlasts and transcends hate?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)