|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 1, Chimene says the boldness of which character costs her honor?
(a) Don Rodrigue.
(b) Don Arias.
(c) Don Sanche.
(d) Don Diegue.
2. The King says that, given the actions of "Le Cid", he treats Chimene in what manner?
(a) He imprisons her.
(b) He allows her to marry Don Sanche.
(c) He grants her request for revenge.
(d) He only listens to her politely, without intent to do as she asks.
3. In Act 4, Scene 4, what news does the messenger deliver?
(a) Chimene is on her way to forgive Don Diegue.
(b) Chimene is on her way to plead for justice for her father.
(c) Chimene is on her way to forgive "Le Cid".
(d) Chimene is on her way to kill "Le Cid".
4. Chimene says "Le Cid" should be as determined to defend his own honor as he is to defend what?
(a) Don Gomes' honor.
(b) Chimene's honor.
(c) The Infanta's honor.
(d) His father's honor.
5. The Infanta says Chimene should no longer pursue vengeance for what reason?
(a) Vengeance destroys Chimene's chance for true love.
(b) Vengeance means danger and imminent destruction for the city.
(c) Vengeance means death to the Infanta.
(d) Vengeance means death to Chimene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chimene need to be saved from Don Sanche?
2. Who apologizes to the King for speaking rashly?
3. When the Infanta enters, in Act 4, Scene 2, what does she offer?
4. What is the main idea presented in the soliloquy at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
5. By the end of Act 5, Scene 3, why does the Infanta say she no longer loves Don Rodrigue?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)