|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Referring to "Le Cid", the King says not everyone who "does his duty" does so with such what?
2. What does the King say to Chimene, following the duel?
(a) Her honor is saved, but her father is not avenged and she can never marry.
(b) Her honor is saved, her father is avenged, and she can live happily with her beloved.
(c) Her honor is damaged, but her father is avenged and she can live happily with her beloved.
(d) Her honor is saved and her father is avenged, but she can never marry.
3. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5, what does Don Diegue do?
(a) He summons a messenger.
(b) He speaks with his son.
(c) He practices with his sword.
(d) He speaks in soliloquy.
4. Chimene says "Le Cid" should be as determined to defend his own honor as he is to defend what?
(a) Chimene's honor.
(b) Don Gomes' honor.
(c) His father's honor.
(d) The Infanta's honor.
5. Who tells Chimene that the kingdom has successfully repelled the invaders?
(b) Don Diegue.
(d) The Infanta.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 4, what news does the messenger deliver?
2. The Infanta says Chimene should no longer pursue vengeance for what reason?
3. According to the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, what outlasts and transcends hate?
4. When the Infanta enters, in Act 4, Scene 2, what does she offer?
5. In Act 4, Scene 1, which two characters enter first?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)