|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Infanta enters, in Act 4, Scene 2, what does she offer?
(a) Sympathy for Chimene's grief.
(b) A message from the King.
(c) Forgiveness for Chimene's actions.
(d) Sympathy for the captured kings.
2. Which character says there is no such thing as perfect happiness?
(a) Chimene's father.
(b) The King's messenger.
(c) Chimene's beloved.
(d) Don Rodrigue's father.
3. Which character imagines he sees a ghost?
(a) Don Diegue.
(b) Don Alonse.
(c) Don Rodrigue.
(d) Don Gomes.
4. What does "Le Cid" believe people say if he dies in the duel?
(a) He dies because he is a coward.
(b) He dies because his opponent is dishonorable.
(c) He dies because he is the weaker opponent.
(d) He dies for love.
5. The King says that everything to do with whose death is forgotten?
(a) Don Gomes.
(b) The invading kings.
(c) Don Diegue.
(d) Don Rodrigue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chimene says her feelings echo those of the people in what way?
2. For what does "Le Cid" apologize to the King?
3. What does the King say to Chimene, following the duel?
4. According to "Le Cid", how does the battle ultimately end?
5. In Act 5, Scene 4, why does Chimene say she is unhappy no matter who wins the duel?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)