|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 5, Scene 3, who does the Infanta ask to accompany her on a visit to Chimene?
(b) Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Sanche.
2. Leonor says Chimene chooses Don Sanche to fight for her in the duel for what reason?
(a) He wins Chimene's hand in marriage.
(b) He avenges the death of Chimene's father.
(c) He is outmatched by Don Arias.
(d) He is outmatched by Don Rodrigue.
3. Why does the Infanta say the King believes Don Gomes' glory as a warrior lives again?
(a) Don Diegue is victorious in battle.
(b) Don Gomes and his son are victorious in battle.
(c) Don Rodrigue is victorious in battle.
(d) Don Gomes is victorious in battle.
4. At the end of Act 5, Scene 3, the Infanta wants to reassure Chimene by telling her what?
(a) That Don Sanche is dead.
(b) That Don Sanche is hers.
(c) That Don Rodrigue is hers.
(d) That Don Rodrigue is dead.
5. Why does Don Rodrigue feel remorseful?
(a) For failing to predict an invasion.
(b) For dishonoring the King.
(c) For being clumsy in his duel.
(d) For driving Chimene away.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 6, who enters with the King?
2. What does Chimene say happens to "Le Cid's" honor if he loses the duel?
3. At the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1, why does "Le Cid" expect to be defeated in the duel?
4. In Act 5, Scene 1, which two characters agree to duel for the hand of Chimene?
5. What does Don Diegue predict happens if Don Rodrigue is successful in battle?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)