|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Infanta tell Chimene, regarding honor?
(a) It's a greater honor to sacrifice the public good in the name of fulfilling individual desire.
(b) Glory is more important than honor.
(c) It's a greater honor to sacrifice an individual desire in the name of fulfilling the public good.
(d) Honor is more important than glory.
2. Leonor says which character is outmatched in the duel?
(a) Don Sanche.
(b) Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Arias.
(d) "Le Cid".
3. At the end of Act 3, Scene 5, where do the two characters decide to go?
(a) To observe the invading ships.
(b) To see the King.
(c) To see Chimene.
(d) To fight a duel.
4. According to the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, what outlasts and transcends hate?
5. What is the meaning of "Le Cid"?
(a) The victorious.
(b) The king.
(c) The prince.
(d) The warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Chimene say she does not have the right to make?
2. Which character says he loves Chimene so much that her desire is his?
3. At the end of Act 5, Scene 3, the Infanta wants to reassure Chimene by telling her what?
4. The King says that everything to do with whose death is forgotten?
5. The imagined ghost is the likeness of which character?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)