|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Infanta fantasize happens, following the duel?
(a) The victor is hers to love.
(b) The victor challenges another character to a duel.
(c) The victor marries Chimene.
(d) The victor is imprisoned.I
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does the Infanta ask a messenger to do?
(a) Bring Don Diegue to her.
(b) Bring Chimene to her.
(c) Bring Don Rodrigue to her.
(d) Bring Don Gomes to her.
3. Which characters enter first in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Chimene and Leonor.
(b) The Infanta and Leonor.
(c) The Infanta and Chimene.
(d) Chimene and Elvire.
4. Why does the Infanta try to forget the man she loves?
(a) His social status is too high.
(b) He is a married man.
(c) His social status is too low.
(d) He is in love with Leonor.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, which two characters argue about the King's choice of tutor?
(a) Don Gomes and Don Diegue.
(b) Don Diegue and Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Diegue and the King.
(d) Don Gomes and Don Rodrigue.
6. What is the relationship between Don Diegue and Don Gomes?
(a) Don Diegue is the son of Don Gomes.
(b) Don Diegue is the tutor of Don Gomes.
(c) Don Diegue is the rival of Don Gomes.
(d) Don Diegue is the father of Don Gomes.
7. Don Rodrigue tells Elvire he's come to visit for what reason?
(a) To ask the Infanta to speak with the King.
(b) To ask the Infanta to speak with Chimene.
(c) To accept the judgment from Chimene that he feels he deserves.
(d) To convince Chimene to forgive him.
8. Which description best fits Elvire?
(a) In love with Don Rodrigue.
(b) In love with Don Sanche.
(c) Confidante of the Infanta.
(d) Confidante of Chimene.
9. In Act 2, Scene 6, what advice does Don Sanche give the King?
(a) Give Don Gomes time to calm down.
(b) Imprison Don Gomes.
(c) Give Don Rodrigue time to calm down.
(d) Imprison Don Rodrigue.
10. In Act 1, Scene 1, who assures Chimene that everything works out according to her hopes?
(a) The Infanta.
(b) Her father.
11. The Infanta offers to use her authority as Princess to imprison which character?
(b) Don Gomes.
(c) Don Rodrigue.
(d) Don Diegue.
12. In Act 2, Scene 1, Don Gomes says he can still live, even if which of the following occurs?
(a) If he is disabled in battle.
(b) If he is dishonored.
(c) If he is reduced to poverty.
(d) If he is denied the tutoring position.
13. The King chooses which sort of person to tutor his son?
(a) A warrior renowned for his service long ago.
(b) A scholor admired for his high social status.
(c) A scholar admired for his wisdom.
(d) A warrior admired for his service in the present.
14. In Act 2, Scene 8, which two characters vie for the King's attention?
(a) Don Diegue and Don Alonse.
(b) Chimene and Don Diegue.
(c) Chimene and Don Alonse.
(d) Don Diegue and Don Sanche.
15. Which is the best description of Don Arias?
(a) Son of Don Gomes.
(b) A gentleman of the court.
(c) Father of Don Rodrigue.
(d) Tutor to the King's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 4, who tries to comfort Chimene?
2. Why does the King believe that an invasion may soon occur?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, Don Gomes believes the King overlooks his actions for what reason?
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, who tells Chimene that he is willing to avenge the death of her father?
5. The Infanta encourages a relationship between which two characters?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)