|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, where does Don Rodrigue arrive?
(a) The Infanta's home.
(b) His own home.
(c) The palace.
(d) Chimene's home.
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, what does Chimene say happens to her after the death of the man she loves?
(a) She dies too.
(b) She marries Don Rodrigue.
(c) She is imprisoned.
(d) She marries Don Sanche.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, Don Rodrigue is motivated by which emotion?
4. As the second act opens, the King is angry with which character?
(a) Don Arias.
(b) Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Gomes.
(d) His son.
5. In Act 2, Scene 6, how does the King plan to teach Don Gomes about respect?
(a) Sentence him to death.
(b) Order him to take lessons from his son's tutor.
(c) Imprison him.
(d) Challenge him to a duel.
6. In Act 2, Scene 2, Don Rodrigue mocks Don Gomes for what?
(a) Being too old to duel.
(b) Having poor sword skills.
(c) Being a coward.
(d) Having pity.
7. In Act 2, Scene 3, who comforts Chimene?
(c) The Infanta.
(d) Don Gomes.
8. In Act 3, Scene 2, after Chimene responds to a character's offer to avenge her father's death, what does that character do?
(a) He says that's all he can ask and goes out.
(b) He storms angrily out of the room.
(c) He tries to kiss her.
(d) He argues that she is making a mistake.
9. At the end of Act 3, Scene 4, what does Chimene say when another character tries to comfort her?
(a) She says everything is Elvire's fault.
(b) She says she is going to avenge her father's death herself.
(c) She says she wants to be alone.
(d) She says everything is the Infanta's fault.
10. In Act 2, Scene 1, Don Gomes says he cannot endure life without what?
(b) The love of the Infanta.
(c) The love of Chimene.
(d) The use of his arm.
11. In Act 2, Scene 2, Don Rodrigue says he has no fear of Don Gomes for what reason?
(a) Don Gomes has a useless arm.
(b) Don Rodrigue wishes to die.
(c) Don Rodrigue is fighting for his father's honor.
(d) Don Rodrigue is more experienced than Don Gomes.
12. In Act 2, Scene 4, the messenger reports that the two characters who leave the palace are doing what?
13. Which description best fits Don Rodrigue?
(a) A young soldier.
(b) Chimene's father.
(c) The King's son.
(d) The King.
14. In Act 1, Scene 6, which character's soliloquy is in rhyming verse, rather than the play's typical blank verse?
(a) Don Sanche.
(b) Don Gomes.
(c) Don Diegue.
(d) Don Rodrigue.
15. In Act 1, Scene 1, who assures Chimene that everything works out according to her hopes?
(c) Her father.
(d) The Infanta.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, who metaphorically urges his sword to take revenge?
2. In Act 3, Scene 3, which character comes out of hiding?
3. Don Rodrigue tells Elvire he's come to visit for what reason?
4. In what way are Don Rodrigue and Don Sanche similar?
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, how does Chimene respond to a character's offer to avenge her father's death?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)