Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2
1. Which characters enter first in Act 1, Scene 1?
Chimene and Elvire.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, who assures Chimene that everything works out according to her hopes?
3. Who is the father of Chimene?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, who tells Chimene that her father is in favor of a marriage between Chimene and the man she loves?
5. As the play opens, who is considered likely to be offered the position of tutor to the King's son?
6. Who does Chimene love?
7. Which description best fits Elvire?
Confidante of Chimene.
8. In what way are Don Rodrigue and Don Sanche similar?
They both love Chimene.
9. Which description best fits Don Rodrigue?
A young soldier.
10. Which character fears that great sorrow follows great joy?
This section contains 2,992 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)