|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, Don Rodrigue and Don Gomes come to what final decision?
(a) Don Rodrigue agrees to battle Don Gomes' representative.
(b) The two decide not to duel.
(c) Don Gomes agrees to battle Don Rodrigue's representative.
(d) The two agree to duel.
2. By the end of Act 5, Scene 3, why does the Infanta say she no longer loves Don Rodrigue?
(a) Don Rodrigue surely loses in the duel.
(b) She now loves Don Arias.
(c) She loves Don Sanche.
(d) Don Rodrigue still loves Chimene.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character draws his sword?
(a) Don Sanche.
(b) Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Gomes.
(d) Don Diegue.
4. In what way is this soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2 similar to that of Don Rodrigue, in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Both are in verse.
(b) Both are spoken in the company of other characters.
(c) Both contain regrets about unrequited love.
(d) Both contain plans to deceive other characters.
5. In Act 5, Scene 4, why does Chimene say she is unhappy no matter who wins the duel?
(a) Either her father is un-avenged or her lover is dead.
(b) Either her father is avenged or her lover survives.
(c) Either her father is un-avenged or her lover survives.
(d) Either her father is avenged or her lover is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, who tells Chimene that her father is in favor of a marriage between Chimene and the man she loves?
2. Which characters enter first in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. At the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1, why does "Le Cid" expect to be defeated in the duel?
4. What is the meaning of "Le Cid"?
5. Which description best fits Elvire?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)