|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of the soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2, a character finally comes to accept what truth?
(a) Don Rodrigue must be imprisoned.
(b) Chimene does not want help from the Infanta.
(c) Don Rodrigue and Chimene are still in love.
(d) The kingdom is about to be invaded.
2. In what way is this soliloquy in Act 5, Scene 2 similar to that of Don Rodrigue, in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Both are in verse.
(b) Both are spoken in the company of other characters.
(c) Both contain regrets about unrequited love.
(d) Both contain plans to deceive other characters.
3. In Act 5, Scene 1, which two characters agree to duel for the hand of Chimene?
(a) Don Diegue and Don Arias.
(b) Don Sanche and Don Diegue.
(c) Don Rodrigue and Don Sanche.
(d) Don Arias and Don Rodrigue.
4. What event must be postponed for one year?
(a) The release of the defeated kings.
(b) The imprisonment of Don Sanche.
(c) The imprisonment of Don Rodrigue.
(d) The wedding.
5. Don Arias believes whose arrogance gets him into trouble?
(a) Don Gomes.
(b) Don Diegue.
(c) Don Rodrigue.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 4, which character bursts into tears and exits, believing the duel begins?
2. Who says, sarcastically, that the Prince cannot have a better tutor?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, who says he won't fight with someone not his equal, because there is no honor in it?
4. Which description best fits Elvire?
5. In Act 4, Scene 3, who is now called "Le Cid", since the invaders are repelled?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)