|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, Don Rodrigue says he has no fear of Don Gomes for what reason?
(a) Don Rodrigue wishes to die.
(b) Don Gomes has a useless arm.
(c) Don Rodrigue is more experienced than Don Gomes.
(d) Don Rodrigue is fighting for his father's honor.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, who assures Chimene that everything works out according to her hopes?
(b) The Infanta.
(d) Her father.
3. In Act 1, Scenes 4 and 6, which two characters speak in soliloquies?
(a) Don Gomes and Don Sanche.
(b) Don Gomes and Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Diegue and Don Rodrigue.
(d) Don Diegue and Don Gomes.
4. In Act 1, Scenes 5 and 6, which character must choose between love and honor?
(a) Don Sanche.
(b) Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Diegue.
(d) Don Gomes.
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, Don Rodrigue mocks Don Gomes for what?
(a) Having poor sword skills.
(b) Being too old to duel.
(c) Having pity.
(d) Being a coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act 1, Scene 2 introduces which thematic element?
2. In Act 1, Scene 5, who is asked to avenge his father's honor?
3. In Act 1, Scene 6, which character's soliloquy is in rhyming verse, rather than the play's typical blank verse?
4. In Act 1, Scene 6, who resolves to take revenge in the way his father demands?
5. Why does the Infanta try to forget the man she loves?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)