|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Don Diegue and Don Gomes?
(a) Don Diegue is the son of Don Gomes.
(b) Don Diegue is the tutor of Don Gomes.
(c) Don Diegue is the rival of Don Gomes.
(d) Don Diegue is the father of Don Gomes.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, which two characters argue about the King's choice of tutor?
(a) Don Gomes and Don Rodrigue.
(b) Don Diegue and Don Rodrigue.
(c) Don Gomes and Don Diegue.
(d) Don Diegue and the King.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, the Infanta sends a messenger to which other character?
(a) Don Sanche.
(b) Don Rodrigue.
4. Which character fears that great sorrow follows great joy?
(a) The Infanta.
5. Which is the best description of Don Arias?
(a) Son of Don Gomes.
(b) Father of Don Rodrigue.
(c) Tutor to the King's son.
(d) A gentleman of the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, Don Gomes believes the King overlooks his actions for what reason?
2. In Act 1, Scene 5, who is asked to avenge his father's honor?
3. Who does Chimene love?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character draws his sword?
5. Who says that all the Prince needs to do to learn to be a good warrior is study his record?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)