|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the physical disability suffered by Don Diegue?
(a) He has a useless arm.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He has a useless leg.
(d) He is blind.
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, who leaves the palace, according to the messenger?
(a) Don Gomes and Don Diegue.
(b) Chimene and Don Gomes.
(c) Don Rodrigue and Don Diegue.
(d) Don Rodrigue and Don Gomes.
3. In Act 3, Scene 3, what does Elvire advise Chimene to do, regarding her desire for vengeance?
(a) Ask the King to forgive the man who kills Chimene's father.
(b) Leave the pursuit of justice to the King.
(c) Kill Don Sanche.
(d) Kill Don Rodrigue.
4. Leonor asks the Infanta what blunt question?
(a) Whether honor is more important than social status.
(b) Whether love outweighs honor.
(c) Whether the duel is more important than the impending invasion.
(d) Whether reality equals fantasy.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, who metaphorically urges his sword to take revenge?
(a) Don Diegue.
(b) The King.
(c) Don Rodrigue.
(d) Don Gomes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, Don Gomes believes the King overlooks his actions for what reason?
2. Who brags that even the trial swings of his sword are master strokes?
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, which character speaks in soliloquy, a solo speech heard only by the audience?
4. The Infanta imagines what happens to Don Rodrigue, following the duel?
5. At the end of Act 3, Scene 5, where do the two characters decide to go?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)