|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Whitman believes himself to be as trustful to his poems as a father is to his _______________.
2. Whitman says that one should "nourish a great _____________, a great brain; if I have said anything to the contrary, I hereby retract it."
3. Walt Whitman sees _______ exhaling from unexplored countries and savage types with bows and arrows.
4. Whitman says that years of ____________ are transient and strange, though he says he too is one.
5. Who does Whitman say the person in the poem "Europe" was paid to do?
This section contains 1,041 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)