Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman says that he is the sworn _______ of every dauntless rebel the world over, with songs of insurrection.
2. Though Whitman says he paints myriads of heads, he also says that he paints head without a ________.
(a) Purple coloring.
(b) Golden nimbus of light.
(d) Green crown.
3. Where does Whitman stop in order to satisfy his curiosity about what is inside?
(a) The hospital.
(b) City Dead House.
(c) The Farm.
(d) The Congress.
4. Whitman includes a series of poems which pertain to forms of education from questions posed to _______ to tests and judgement.
5. Where does Whitman decide to merge with the crowd when they descend to the pavements?
(c) Ice rink.
6. What does Whitman say that one should hold up sternly in order for it to send something back?
(c) Hand mirror.
7. Who does Whitman describe as sitting in the middle of the prison and causing a scene?
(a) A priest.
(b) A woman singer.
(c) A child.
(d) A mystic.
8. From the sea of ________, Whitman says that he will collect and bring a windrow drift of weeds and shells.
9. Who are the tan faced children who follow well in order and get their weapons ready?
(b) His children.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The pioneers.
10. What are the felons wearing when they come into the courtroom as Whitman watches them out of curiosity?
(c) Blue jump suits.
(d) Orange suits.
11. Where is the good place in Boston where Whitman wants to see the show from in the morning?
(a) At the docks.
(b) At the corner.
(c) At the church.
(d) At the diner.
12. What color is the halo in the sky, drooping upon the sea in the description of the water?
13. What does Whitman beckon to sound clearer in and through the atmosphere?
14. What causes Whitman to wander noiselessly and to bend over other sleepers, wandering and confused?
(a) Nightly visions.
15. _________ sprouts push through the snow, helping to reveal the coming of Spring and of the month of March.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman appears to have some sort of connection to _________ and to prostitutes, trying to understand them.
2. Who is in the curious trio with Whitman? This trio includes his _________ and his body, and himself.
3. What kind of birds fly together, interlocking their claws and beating their wings as one in the poem Whitman includes?
4. Whitman addresses the reader in "To You," telling the reader he fears they are walking the walks of _____________.
5. ___________ are able to convey nature, enjoy materialism, become orators, and create from their own experiences.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)