|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman says that he was offering too long to feed his soul with __________, which was clearly not a good idea..
2. Underneath all of the mysticism, what does Whitman say that he sees in the man for his comrade?
3. What will Whitman plant as thick as trees along all the rivers of America and along the shores of all the great lakes?
4. Who is singing the varied carols which Whitman can hear as mentioned in a poem which reveals the answer?
5. Whitman says he will make a true ________ which will earn for the body and mind whatever sticks and does not droop in death.
6. During this section of the poems, what age does Whitman profess to being?
7. What rose before Whitman when he was pondering his poetry in silence in this book?
8. Walt Whitman hears the rhythmic myths of the ____________, the strong legends of the Romans.
9. Who does Whitman not want to shut their proud doors to him, as stated in a poem of that same idea?
10. Whitman calls the ostent evanescent the substances of a/an _________ mood or savan's studies long.
11. "You furnish your parts toward eternity, Great or small, you furnish your parts toward the ________."
12. Who does Whitman see eating the bread of his last supper in the midst of youths and old persons?
(a) A homeless man.
(c) A death row inmate.
13. Whitman points out that it is not on the reader that they alone have ___________ which fall on them
(a) Dark patches.
14. How does Whitman spell Canada when he uses the name in the poem, "On Journeys through the States"?
15. From Whitman's breast, he says that he has concealed confession drops. What color are these drops?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Whitman point out are subordinated at their tasks during "Calamus"?
2. What did Whitman used to pull up from the water when he lived in his hometown during the summer months?
3. What sort of song does Whitman say he will sing in the sixth inscription of the book's opening?
4. "Carry me when you go forth over land or sea; For thus merely ______________ you is enough, is best."
5. The ___________ is equal with the male according to Whitman in the first page of his poetry book?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)