|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state did Whitman see the live-oak growing, and named a poem after this occurrence?
2. To what state does Whitman promise to know very well after traveling to it?
3. What is permanent, lurking there within the body, the only purport of thous art, the real I myself?
4. What are houses and rooms full of? What are shelves crowded with according to Whitman?
5. What are the terrible perturbations of the suns, swelling, collapsing, and ending?
6. Where did Whitman say that he sat studying the older times of American? The feet of ___________.
(d) The great masters.
7. Whitman says it is a painful thing to ___________ someone to excess, yet the rewards are great.
(a) Believe in.
8. What shape is Paumanok, according to the way that Whitman describes it in his poetry?
9. What is the city of orgies, according to Whitman's poem of the same name?
10. Who leaves natural breaths, the sounds of rains and winds, calls as the birds and animals in the woods?
(a) The mothers.
(b) The birds.
(c) The Gods.
(d) Red aborigines.
11. Whitman calls the ostent evanescent the substances of a/an _________ mood or savan's studies long.
12. Whitman hears that some people believe that he is trying to destroy ____________, which confuses him.
13. Whitman addresses other countries who are striving to prove the puzzle of America, the athletic ______________.
14. Underneath all of the mysticism, what does Whitman say that he sees in the man for his comrade?
15. It is the engineer's joy to go with the _____________ in his days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman believes himself to be as trustful to his poems as a father is to his _______________.
2. Once a state is fully enslaved, according to Whitman, no nation, state, city, of the Earth can resume its ____________.
3. Walt Whitman hears the rhythmic myths of the ____________, the strong legends of the Romans.
4. What is forever and ever, longer than soil is brown and solid, longer than water ebbs and flows?
5. From Whitman's breast, he says that he has concealed confession drops. What color are these drops?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)