Short Answer Questions Key
1. The ___________ is equal with the male according to Whitman in the first page of his poetry book?
2. What rose before Whitman when he was pondering his poetry in silence in this book?
3. Whose self does Whitman sing when he begins his collection of poems in this particular book?
4. Whitman is not only considering the idea of death, but also of chanting the chant of ___________.
5. What color is the water in the poem, "In Cabin'd Ships at Sea," as it moves around the boat?
6. Who does Whitman profess to folding in every leaf of his poetry in order to celebrate the sea?
7. Whitman addresses other countries who are striving to prove the puzzle of America, the athletic ______________.
This section contains 3,949 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)