|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 37-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "And there is ______ to us of all that has ever come of races and days, or ever will come."
2. What are the terrible perturbations of the suns, swelling, collapsing, and ending?
3. Whitman finds he is larger and better than he thought. He did not know he held so much ___________.
4. What is permanent, lurking there within the body, the only purport of thous art, the real I myself?
5. Whitman points out there is no need for the sound of __________, for the spirited horses, or for the glistening sabers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is singing the varied carols which Whitman can hear as mentioned in a poem which reveals the answer?
2. Who does Whitman consider to be dear and dreadful to the earth, as he writes in one of his poems?
3. Whitman believes English is the greatest language and that language is the most important ____________.
4. What is piercing through the storm, piercing and pealing as the storm rises up?
5. "Respondez" is a poem about how the _________ of everyone should be addressed and none should be evaded.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)