|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 37-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Whitman say that he will expose when he runs his furrow with his plough and press his spade through the sod?
(a) Foul meat.
2. Who is singing the song, a husky song as the main character in the poem walks on the beach at night alone?
3. Those who are considered to be ________ should be able to share their ideas and their stories, according to Whitman.
(b) Too old.
4. What does Whitman say that he has a bundle of which he will have to leave for those who come after him?
5. Whitman points out that it is not on the reader that they alone have ___________ which fall on them
(d) Dark patches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape is Paumanok, according to the way that Whitman describes it in his poetry?
2. What was Whitman's voice like when he sang late in the night, according to his writing?
3. What is the powerful machine which is moving through the snow with its vapor-pennants tinged with delicate purple?
4. Where does Whitman decide to merge with the crowd when they descend to the pavements?
5. What was the ethnic background of the spiritualist with whom Whitman talked during his life?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)