|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 26-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From Whitman's breast, he says that he has concealed confession drops. What color are these drops?
2. Who does Whitman describe as being lean and sinewy with muscular legs, thinly clothed, and well trained?
3. Who asks Whitman to sing a song that no poet has yet to have chanted?
(b) The grass.
(d) A flower.
4. Whose self does Whitman sing when he begins his collection of poems in this particular book?
5. What is permanent, lurking there within the body, the only purport of thous art, the real I myself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the ancient country which Whitman seems to think is progressing into the future, much in the same way as America?
2. Whitman is clear that he is giving his spirit to ___________, though he does not mention him by name.
3. Who is sultry with perfumes, with ample and flowing garments, florid with blood, hot with passion?
4. What are the terrible perturbations of the suns, swelling, collapsing, and ending?
5. Whitman believes that all heroic deeds were conceived in __________, as are all free poems.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)