|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 26-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The child and her father are looking in the _____ at the autumn skin in "On the Beach at Night."
2. What shape is Paumanok, according to the way that Whitman describes it in his poetry?
3. What color is the halo in the sky, drooping upon the sea in the description of the water?
4. What sort of song does Whitman say he will sing in the sixth inscription of the book's opening?
5. Who does Whitman meet in the poem, "Eidolons," passing the hues and objects of the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman is clear that he is giving his spirit to ___________, though he does not mention him by name.
2. Whitman believes that in his journey, the _________ is not the only thing that is there.
3. Whitman says that he is not sure, but the high soul of lovers welcomes _______ most.
4. Who does Whitman beckon to toil on, to harvest the products even though they are not alone in the fields?
5. Who leaves natural breaths, the sounds of rains and winds, calls as the birds and animals in the woods?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)