|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 26-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been named with can not be countermanded in struggles and in wars?
2. Who does Whitman meet in the poem, "Eidolons," passing the hues and objects of the world?
3. Whitman believes himself to be as trustful to his poems as a father is to his _______________.
4. Whitman says that he sings the songs of the glory of ___________, not God.
5. What occurs once at sunrise and once at sunset, according to Whitman as he describes nature?
(a) A fading light.
(c) A musical call.
(d) A brightening light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do mediums convey when they arrive and they are successful in the United States, according to Whitman?
2. Whitman was seized by a spirit, held by an _________self out of the pride which causes him to utter poems.
3. What is forever and ever, longer than soil is brown and solid, longer than water ebbs and flows?
4. At what time of the day is the soul allowed to be most free, according to Whitman in his own findings?
5. Who leaves natural breaths, the sounds of rains and winds, calls as the birds and animals in the woods?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)