|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 26-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Whitman see eating the bread of his last supper in the midst of youths and old persons?
(b) A death row inmate.
(d) A homeless man.
2. Who does Whitman meet in the poem, "Eidolons," passing the hues and objects of the world?
3. What is forever and ever, longer than soil is brown and solid, longer than water ebbs and flows?
4. What has been named with can not be countermanded in struggles and in wars?
5. It is the engineer's joy to go with the _____________ in his days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the powerful machine which is moving through the snow with its vapor-pennants tinged with delicate purple?
2. What color is the water in the poem, "In Cabin'd Ships at Sea," as it moves around the boat?
3. The combination of justice and God, according to Whitman, can be blended together to make an immortal ___________.
4. For how many years in Manhattan has Whitman watched the parades of soldiers through the city?
5. At what time of the day is the soul allowed to be most free, according to Whitman in his own findings?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)