|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 26-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman says that not a disembodied _________ can the weapons of tyrants let loose, but it stalks invisibly.
2. What did Whitman used to pull up from the water when he lived in his hometown during the summer months?
(c) Lobster pots.
(d) Fish traps.
3. What does Whitman beckon to sound clearer in and through the atmosphere?
4. Whitman expresses that he knows the __________ does not know how longingly he looked at them.
(b) Blade of grass.
(c) Passing stranger.
(d) Old woman.
5. What color of hair does Whitman say that Ireland has now as she is changing from what she once was?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Whitman say the man is now that he has tears in his face at the sight of the waters?
2. When Whitman sits and looks out into the world, he sees all the __________ and the agony without end.
3. What is the one thing that Whitman says the President has not learned of during his life so far?
4. What kind of headsman stands mask'd, clothed in red, with huge legs and strong naked arms?
5. What color is the halo in the sky, drooping upon the sea in the description of the water?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)