|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 26-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman believes that the words of true ________ do not merely please those who read them.
2. The ___________ cheerfully braves the winter, says Whitman when he addresses this group, the snow and ice welcoming him.
3. Whitman says that years of ____________ are transient and strange, though he says he too is one.
4. At what time of the day is the soul allowed to be most free, according to Whitman in his own findings?
5. Whitman was seized by a spirit, held by an _________self out of the pride which causes him to utter poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Whitman describe as sitting in the middle of the prison and causing a scene?
2. _________ sprouts push through the snow, helping to reveal the coming of Spring and of the month of March.
3. How old is Whitman at the time of his writing his poems, noting this in his poems and that he is in good health?
4. What sort of song does Whitman say he will sing in the sixth inscription of the book's opening?
5. What is permanent, lurking there within the body, the only purport of thous art, the real I myself?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)