|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 26-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though Whitman says he paints myriads of heads, he also says that he paints head without a ________.
(a) Purple coloring.
(b) Green crown.
(d) Golden nimbus of light.
2. What song does Whitman hope they play as he is waiting for the show to begin in Boston?
(a) O Pioneers.
(c) Yankee Doodle.
(d) The Great Waltz.
3. What rose before Whitman when he was pondering his poetry in silence in this book?
4. Who is the man that Whitman describes as being very cute, a man who is a made man from this day?
5. What will Whitman plant as thick as trees along all the rivers of America and along the shores of all the great lakes?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of the day is the soul allowed to be most free, according to Whitman in his own findings?
2. What is NOT a word which is used to describe the poets Whitman says are still to come in the world?
3. It is the engineer's joy to go with the _____________ in his days.
4. What color is the halo in the sky, drooping upon the sea in the description of the water?
5. With another man, Whitman writes, he dilates and fuses the immortal laws and makes himself by them the _______ unto himself.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)