|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 26-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Whitman decide to merge with the crowd when they descend to the pavements?
(a) Ice rink.
2. What does Whitman say that one should hold up sternly in order for it to send something back?
(c) Hand mirror.
3. Whitman wonders how the real _______ can ever die and be buried in the end?
4. What are the terrible perturbations of the suns, swelling, collapsing, and ending?
5. Who does Whitman answer for when he takes the young man's hands in his own?
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman writes that whatever satisfies ________ is true, according to one of his poems.
2. As people walk down the street, their ________ convey more than their words ever could, according to Whitman.
3. Whose self does Whitman sing when he begins his collection of poems in this particular book?
4. What was Whitman's voice like when he sang late in the night, according to his writing?
5. What does Whitman say the man is now that he has tears in his face at the sight of the waters?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)