|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ cheerfully braves the winter, says Whitman when he addresses this group, the snow and ice welcoming him.
2. The ___________ is equal with the male according to Whitman in the first page of his poetry book?
3. What is piercing through the storm, piercing and pealing as the storm rises up?
4. What causes the soldiers to fall into step and to arm themselves?
(a) Drum taps.
(c) Drill sergeants.
5. Who does Whitman meet in the poem, "Eidolons," passing the hues and objects of the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the lovers who exit the room after the night leave over baskets, swelling the house with their plenty?
2. During this section of the poems, what age does Whitman profess to being?
3. Whitman says it is a painful thing to ___________ someone to excess, yet the rewards are great.
4. Whitman believes himself to be as trustful to his poems as a father is to his _______________.
5. What does Whitman say was the year of struggle, the year when no dainty rhymes or sentimental loves verses were written?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)