|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the poem which begins "forms, qualities, lives, humanity, language, thoughts...."?
2. Whitman realizes he was still not happen when he heard _________ and was received well at the capitol.
(a) His poem.
(b) His voice.
(d) His name.
3. From Whitman's breast, he says that he has concealed confession drops. What color are these drops?
4. Underneath all of the mysticism, what does Whitman say that he sees in the man for his comrade?
5. Who does Whitman want to kiss him, to touch him on the lips as he touches those he loves?
(a) A wave.
(b) His lover.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of headsman stands mask'd, clothed in red, with huge legs and strong naked arms?
2. What is flying aloft as the ship begins to go out into the sea in "The Ship Starting"?
3. Whitman says that years of ____________ are transient and strange, though he says he too is one.
4. Whitman raises a _____________ hand to all who he mentions in his poem, making the signal to remain after him.
5. Who does Whitman meet in the poem, "Eidolons," passing the hues and objects of the world?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)