|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman is not only considering the idea of death, but also of chanting the chant of ___________.
2. What shape is Paumanok, according to the way that Whitman describes it in his poetry?
3. Walt Whitman sees _______ exhaling from unexplored countries and savage types with bows and arrows.
4. Whitman believes there is terrible doubt in _____________, there is uncertainty and the possibility of being deluded.
5. The ___________ cheerfully braves the winter, says Whitman when he addresses this group, the snow and ice welcoming him.
Short Answer Questions
1. With another man, Whitman writes, he dilates and fuses the immortal laws and makes himself by them the _______ unto himself.
2. The __________ has joy in inflating the chest, rolling the thunder of the voice, making the people rage, and leading America.
3. Whitman addresses other countries who are striving to prove the puzzle of America, the athletic ______________.
4. Whitman says that years of ____________ are transient and strange, though he says he too is one.
5. For how many years in Manhattan has Whitman watched the parades of soldiers through the city?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)