|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 18-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Whitman hope they play as he is waiting for the show to begin in Boston?
(a) The Great Waltz.
(c) Yankee Doodle.
(d) O Pioneers.
2. To what does Whitman say he is near at hand with a throat to inflate itself and sing joyfully?
3. What is forever and ever, longer than soil is brown and solid, longer than water ebbs and flows?
4. What sort of song does Whitman say he will sing in the sixth inscription of the book's opening?
5. Who does Whitman say that is is close with, murmuring alike reproachfully rolling sands and drift?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman ponders where he actually knows anything of his own ________ as he thinks about the biography of another.
2. Where did Whitman say that he sat studying the older times of American? The feet of ___________.
3. What causes the soldiers to fall into step and to arm themselves?
4. Whitman realizes he was still not happen when he heard _________ and was received well at the capitol.
5. What is described as never tiring, as being rude, silent, and incomprehensible at first?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)